No announcement yet.

Gears Of War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And again, a reminder that First Play threads are for impressions and not questions about Importing / Is a game region free? / VAT blah blah blah

There's the thread in headlines where all these questions have been answered time and again. Any posts not containing relevant first play stuff will be removed.

Comment

I've already coined the phrase "it's Hammer time", especially for Gears of War

Comment

The graphics are amazing, the best I've seen on a console, and not a tear in site.

The music and atmosphere are quality.

Using the cover takes a bit of getting used to, the window to hit a perfect reload is small and using the chainsaw isn't easy.
        Last edited by MJ; 10-11-2006, 16:21.

Comment

Anyone been able to get online with this, keep trying to get a ranked match but it keeps failing to connectft:

EDIT: worked it out now if anyone else is having trouble, click sutome match and do it that way
          Last edited by Crimson Day; 10-11-2006, 16:28.

Comment

The music is amazing, I really like it.

As amazing as the graphics are it is nice to see a solid framerate too (apart from the cutscenes which are a little clunky)

Comment

Anyone else trying to limit their play in campain mode.

I don't want it to end too quickly but i can't help wondering what's in-store just around the next corner.....

Comment

Me too.

After all this time waiting in anticipation I'd like it to last me until at least the end of this weekend, but you're right, it's really hard not to drive on just to experience what's coming next.

Comment

Chainsaw deaths are awesome and the shotgun makes a mess.

Comment

yeah i will try to limit myself how much of the campaign mode i play, though i did finish act 1 today, highly enjoyable! just tried an online ranked match.....its a blast!

Comment

bloody hell - it lives up to the hype and then some. getting used to using the A button for everything - tbh the control system is Miyamoto-esque in its simplicity, definitely a good thing.

and just how bloody hard is it in hardcore? Dom is ****e so its turning into a mission and half just to keep him alive

going out tonight so won't be playing this till late - not sure if i want to even sample the online aspects of this one yet until single player is done and dusted

Comment

The chainsaw rifle fire sounds weak and even with the sound effects volume set to full they all don't sound loud enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
                          Just played some Co-op with EvilBoris - it's excellent stuff, very addictive and an excellent laugh.
                          Jamie, i've read in a review that while in co-op mode and your buddy jumps out of the game - either because of a connection problem or he's just an unpolite idiot - you'll be forced back to the main menu and have to start the whole level all over again. can you confirm this?

Comment

Whats the best difficulty level to start with then? Seems from what i have seen on the net that casual is to easy and hardcore is to hard

Comment

Anyone have the Asian CE? Is it proper lush? I need to know 'cause I don't think I can hold out much more. I'll wait if it's luverly (if PA ever get 'em back in). >_<

Edit: Just seen Spatial's US copy. I'm guessing the asian is the same?
                              Last edited by Emir; 10-11-2006, 19:36.

Comment

When someone's talking the sound always comes out of the front centre speaker, even when you pan the camera to affect the 5.1 surround sound.

You can turn the subtitles and button hints off (Tooltip Icons), but this one turns all hints off, including weapon pick up prompts when you walk over them.

I can see multiplayer being very chatty and tactical.

Comment

Working...
                                X