No announcement yet.

Earth Defense Forces 3 - Chikyuu Boueigun 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My last weapon to find was a missile launcher, the Prominence MA - available from level 29. I think I got the lysander Z by whoring level 47 (Uprising) with grenade launchers.

That last weapon is sssooooooo tough to find:

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    This game is really starting to piss me off.

My final stats completing inferno:
    Stamina: 5894
    Weapons: 170
    Completion: 100%
    Time: 48 hours.

Looking for the Prominence MA.
    Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post

AT LAST!!!

Final stats:
    Stamina 7296
    Play time 58 hrs 41 mins 39secs
    Weapons 171
    Completion 100%

10 hours of level 40 it took...

Comment

Have been hammering this on the weekend so much that when I went to sleep last night I had visions of ants swarming me! Been going through on hard and am at stage 41 with about 1010 health. Been tempted to try and do some Inferno levels for super weapons but I just get wiped out! At what health level did people start trying out inferno on here?

Comment

Handy tip: If you've got the ZEXR guns, equip two of them. Active a second player with another joypad. Equip double ZEXR guns on him too. (Or the best Z-guns you've got at the time). Go to level 40 and set to inferno.

When it starts quickly move both your men to the set of EDF troops in the canyon. Set ONE set of z-guns in a defensive formation, facing one way down the canyon. There's two or three guns to lay down per z-gun, so you'll have that side covered.

Get your other bloke to do the same in the other direction.

Activate your z-guns when the ants approach. As long as you keep out of reach you won't get knacked, because red ants fire no jizz.

You should have one set of z-guns left on each character. Keep these in reserve. Quickly drop these when the original sets run out. Activate them. While they are firing the original sets of guns should reload (provided you have them selected). Drop and repeat when the others run out. After the second wave of ants has been whupped, there'll only be stragglers moping about. Let them come to you. In the meantime, take your player one bloke and pick up all the armour and weapons you can.

Frustratingly there'll be some left on the canyon walls out of reach - the only way you can get them is to climb round the sides and drop off.

However, using this strategy a dozen times will give you about 20-25 extra armour each level and between 3 and 6 weapons. With a bit of luck you could get a few mega weapons.

Comment

As has been said in this thread many times before, level 29 is quite easy to do well above your station as well, and you can pick up a lot of armour.

Comment

Did you ever get the 1000 anephric?

Comment

Nope, still stuck on 500. I went back a bit ago but I was ridiculously rusty and I'm no closer to finding a man-love slave to help me finish the final five.

I am destined to never have the Genocide Gun. And I so wanted to commit genocide

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys! Sadly I don't have ZEXR guns as you can only get them on inferno (I think) and so I've been having a crack at level 40 on hardest. It's still giving me loads of things I haven't got yet which is cool and I can just about survive with the flamethrower and booby trapping the bridge area with C bombs to catch the second wave. Might try level 28 on inferno now i have a better bound gun and shotty. Previously the ants on that cave level were still getting through my hail of fire and flanking me.

Comment

You can do 29 on Inferno with pretty much just a half decent Stingray. Just take out a saucer or two to keep the number of Hectors controllable.

Comment

EDF! EDF! EDF! There is one central thing you need to know about Earth Defence Force: it is not what people have come t…

Quite a nice retrospective here. Ah, roll on the next one.

Comment

That article reminds me of my review for this very site.

As they suggested, a new game on XBLA would be a fabulous idea.

Comment

I'd pay full price for a new game! That's the level of my desperation. Every week I search the internetz for signs of EDFIV, even faffing around on sandlot's .jp site. I would try emailing them but the last time I did that I got a very amusing yet utterly useless reply.

Comment

Oh, I'd pay full price too. I just think the game might get more success on XBLA (meaning there might be an EDF V, EDF VI, EDF VIII......)

Comment

That would indeed suit me just dandy. I'm still a bit sore about how EDF3 was more stripped down and less ambitious than EDF2, so I'd like them to bring out a colossal EDF4. If, as a stop-gap, they brought out an XBLA game, it might shut people like me up.

Comment

We can hope.

Comment

Sometimes I really wanna hurt you bad.

I'd love it if they brought out the first couple on XBLA.

Comment

Working...
                                X