Earth Defense Forces 3 - Chikyuu Boueigun 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kendra View Post
    1000/1000... had to farm level 40 non stop to the point I was doing it without any thought what so ever, 25 times in a row, but I got those two weapons!

So final stats:
    Stamina: 5886 (250-300 of that was through farming after completeing the game)
    Weapons: 171
    Completion: 100%
    Time: 54hours, 49 minutes and 6 seconds

Amazing, a game that cost less than ?20 and I've played it for 54 hours...
    This game is really starting to piss me off.

My final stats:
    Stamina: 5894
    Weapons: 170
    Time: 48 hours.

My current stats, looking for this last bastard weapon:

Stamina: 7094
    Weapons: 170
    Time: 57 hours, 32 mins, 44 seconds

That's over 8 hours wasted looking for the Prominence MA.

Comment

Are you just farming Level 40 on Inferno mode ?

Comment

Consistently.

It's been like groundhog day since i finished inferno on wednesday.

Comment

AT LAST!!!

Final stats:
          Stamina 7296
          Play time 58 hrs 41 mins 39secs
          Weapons 171
          Completion 100%

And that 200gp took me over 14000.

I can move on now. Mission Complete. EDF! EDF!

Comment

Congrats

One name is heard and said over and over again as the aliens are all dead...

EDF EDF EDF (those ungratful)

Comment

Just have to go back to this once in a while i think.

Mainly for this reason:

The Genocide Gun

I think the mission is Sweep, number 36? When weapon-hunting, I did this mission a few times and loved

zooming in with the Genocide Gun on a mountainside, firing it right into the middle of a pack of ants or spiders, and watching literally dozens of them whistle past my ears, trailing yellow blood in their wake.

A truly remarkable sight.

Comment

Congrats on the 100% completion prinny lad. I hope to get there one day, hopefully before the 720 is released! Any top tips to pass on to those of us yet to reach such hallowed status?

Comment

Farm level 40 like crazy on inferno with double zerguns/ze10s/zexr guns if you have them. Loads of weapons get dropped and you're heavily increasing your chances of getting top weapons due to the difficulty level and it's proximity to the end of the game. Your little support team will help you out a lot as long as you don't hang them out to dry.
                  It can get annoying when weapons and armour get dropped half way up the cliff face, but if you go on a mission to collect them with about 8 ants left scurrying around, you should get them in time. For some reason a few of the ants don't come into the battle for ages, and march around the hills above for a bit, giving you ample time to rush up the cut by the side of the bridge and jump off the cliff to collect the goodies.

This is also a great armour-whoring level.

Level 29 is also a good mission - shoot the ufos dropping mini-hectors until only one is left. They keep dropping til you down the last ufo, leaving you to pick up everything they drop for as long as you like. I find a lysander and a zexr-gun work well on this mission.

Most of all, do the tougher missions on hardest and inferno in co-op. It literally doubles your health and firepower and opens new strategic options. If you have no friends, then you can always do some missions by selecting two players, and giving the second player 2 zerguns. Fire away and they keep you (player 1) under good cover. Also, if you get skanked you can always pick up the tab with player 2.
                  Last edited by prinnysquad; 03-09-2007, 17:10.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                    If you have no friends, then you can always do some missions by selecting two players, and giving the second player 2 zerguns. Fire away and they keep you (player 1) under good cover. Also, if you get skanked you can always pick up the tab with player 2.
                    Just started playing and finished this (on normal) recently and have started doing this. It's really cheap but it's pretty cool having artilery support. I've been using some homming missiles (forget which one, ME3?). I'll try the zergun option tomorrow.

I'm loving it so much more than I thought I would. 14 hours in and I'm still wanting more. I've got to go back and do the easy missions at some point.

Comment

Picked this up the other day cheap in Gamestation and I'm absolutely loving it, I've been grinning from ear to ear. It's a bit rough around the edges, but that's part of its charm...can't really complain for just over a tenners worth of game. I can definitely see myself playing this to death. I was actually going to ask how many weapons are there to find, but that's been answered above, only another 155 weapons to go!

Comment

I've done a few missions on hardest now but am working my way through on hard generally. I've unlocked the lysander 2 which is a beast and a pretty nice shotgun. A G4? or something?

Comment

Well, this game managed to melt my 360's graphics card. Tried to start playing global defence force instead but it just doesn't feel right.

Comment

Heresy. Much as I heart EDF, Global Defence Force is a better game in every respect. Picked it up largely after reading prinny rave about how much of a step back EDF felt in comparison and I have to say I can see his point even though I've only gone through ten, fifteen levels or so. I could watch the exploding glass alone for hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Eight Rooks View Post
                              Heresy. Much as I heart EDF, Global Defence Force is a better game in every respect. Picked it up largely after reading prinny rave about how much of a step back EDF felt in comparison and I have to say I can see his point even though I've only gone through ten, fifteen levels or so. I could watch the exploding glass alone for hours.
                              I like the way they had flying ants at about stage 3. I never understood why they never appeared in EDF.

Comment

Why is there no Palewing in EDF? Talk about stripping out the good stuff. And the centipede boss in GDF is miles better than anything in EDF.

Comment

Working...
                                X