No announcement yet.

Earth Defense Forces 3 - Chikyuu Boueigun 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always been an EDF fan since finding "Monster Attack" for £6 in ASDA for the PS2. Started playing EDF3 (NTSC-J version) the other day after an hour or so on the vastly overrated Crackdown.

The evening was saved. I had to force myself to stop playing, as the only way to experience this is in an extended co-op session. However, as expected it's pretty much the same glorious ant smashing mayhem of EDF 1 and 2, with an added HD sheen, and framerates that only stray into single figures 30 or 40 times a level (as opposed to 300 or 400 times on the PS2, behold the power of the 360!). The speech is terrific, and though I imagine it would be as fun dubbed, you really can't beat the mental Japanese yelling that goes on through the levels from your fellow soldiers.

I love this game. Crackdown, consider yourself shamed.
    Last edited by cavalcade; 24-03-2007, 12:03.

Comment

I assume Monster Attack is the original? Did either of the prequels hit the US at all?

Comment

I assume Monster Attack is the original?
        Yes, Monster Attack is the first one, the PAL version of the second title is called Global Defence Force.
        Did either of the prequels hit the US at all?
        Nope.
        Last edited by Ryo Saeba; 24-03-2007, 13:54.

Comment

Originally posted by cavalcade View Post
          you really can't beat the mental Japanese yelling that goes on through the levels from your fellow soldiers
          Agreed. It is truly, truly wonderful.

Comment

Hold the boat this is good ? That marketplace trailer was a N64-like disaster when I watched it.

wtf ?

Comment

I think it's cracking fun. I can see it not being to everyone's taste though. Works a treat in split-screen co-op. And what's not to love about firing rockets at giant ants, spiders and robots?

Comment

Its just a cheap as chips blast. No pretentious bollocks, no technical marvels, no wankery, just fun fun fun! Have no expectations and you'll treasure it.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                  Its just a cheap as chips blast. No pretentious bollocks, no technical marvels, no wankery, just fun fun fun! Have no expectations and you'll treasure it.
                  Absolutely.

Comment

Does it have online co-op or just local ?

Comment

Don't think it's online at all.

These games are a budget range in Japan, and only £19.99 when it comes out in the UK next week. Cheap and cheerful, but something hillarious and fun about fighting a stupidly huge horde of giant ants, and you being able to mow down the whole lot with your poxy assult rifle.
                      Lots of nods and retro throwbacks, like the old style sound effects and item pickups, the intentionally bad acting and script, it's just a laugh.

Comment

It's the only reason why I'm thinking about picking up a used 360, so it's a system seller for me.
                        Play it in coop with a good mate and maybe you'll understand.

Comment

I'm looking forward to it but the lack of on-line co-op is appalling. I thought every 360 game had to have live capability? A 'will this do' live leaderboard does not count!

Comment

Online co-op would be superb. Maybe for EDF 4?

Comment

Originally posted by Fireproofradiator View Post
                              I'm looking forward to it but the lack of on-line co-op is appalling. I thought every 360 game had to have live capability? A 'will this do' live leaderboard does not count!
                              It's one of the few 360 games I've seen that doesn't even have the Live logo on the front.

Comment

After reading impressions from you guys on here I have been lured into picking this up when it comes out over here next week. Just sounds like pure mindless fun and you can't go wrong at £17.99 I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X