No announcement yet.

Earth Defense Forces 3 - Chikyuu Boueigun 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah its a big miss not having online co-op, but that doesn't make it anything less of a belter.

EDF3 + mate + beers = legendary

Comment

Slightly OT, but is this a PAL PS2 version of onechanbara? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Essential-Ga...057783-1166237

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
        Slightly OT, but is this a PAL PS2 version of onechanbara? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Essential-Ga...057783-1166237

Dunno about the translation, but gamefaqs has this listed:

For Zombie Hunters on the PlayStation 2, GameFAQs has 1 guide/walkthrough, 18 cheat codes and secrets, and 1 save game.

which mentions release number 80, and a quick check on the D3 site shows this familiar looking cover:

Comment

Yeah, "Oneechanbara" is called "Zombie Zone" in Europe and "Zombie Hunters" is "The Oneechamploo - The Neechan Tokubetsuban" (which is principally the same game, just with some added characters, so if you already have Zombie Zone, there doesn't seem to be a real point in getting Zombie Hunters, but otherwise you're better of with the updated version of course ^_- ).

There are two more titles in the series ("The Oneechanbara 2" and the updated version of it "The Oneechanpon - The Neechan 2 Tokubetsuhen") which will hopefully get released here, but afaik there've been no announcments yet.

Comment

PAL version arrived from Gameplay today.

Hilarious B movie voiceovers, with a bit of the Starship Troopers about the soldiers rallying cries. Not as good as the Japanese battle cry in Chikyuu Boueigun 3, mind.

Looks great to see the weapon names in English - after the first mission on normal I've unlocked the 'Buffalo' Shotgun and the ''Air Tortoise' Missile

Great stuff

Edit: Just looked at the achievements list and its in Japanese! Now, when my 360 was bust I borrowed vanpeebles' asian 360, put my harddrive in it and played Chikyuu Boueigun 3. I wonder if it's retained that data for the PAL conversion? Or have they literally put the achievements in Japanese?
            Last edited by prinnysquad; 29-03-2007, 12:03.

Comment

Achievements are in English

I'm on mission 5 now, I did the first one on Hard but only just made it...decided to carry on with Medium. Seems too easy now but it's easy to replay missions. Hope another enemy type is introduced soon!

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                PAL version arrived from Gameplay today.

Hilarious B movie voiceovers, with a bit of the Starship Troopers about the soldiers rallying cries. Not as good as the Japanese battle cry in Chikyuu Boueigun 3, mind.

Looks great to see the weapon names in English - after the first mission on normal I've unlocked the 'Buffalo' Shotgun and the ''Air Tortoise' Missile

Great stuff

Edit: Just looked at the achievements list and its in Japanese! Now, when my 360 was bust I borrowed vanpeebles' asian 360, put my harddrive in it and played Chikyuu Boueigun 3. I wonder if it's retained that data for the PAL conversion? Or have they literally put the achievements in Japanese?
                You could be onto a sneaky extra set of points here. I wonder if you start a new save if you will have the JPN and PAl version of the points?

Comment

Ok, i've been playing this for about 3hrs now yet still can't get into a bloody vehicle? I've pressed every button on the pad but nothing works, what's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris View Post
                    Ok, i've been playing this for about 3hrs now yet still can't get into a bloody vehicle? I've pressed every button on the pad but nothing works, what's going on?
                    If it's the same as the Japanese version, I think you have to press the back button.

Comment

Page 3 of the manual agrees :P

Comment

Fantastic game, utter utter chaos, i love it

Best bit so far? Watching the Air Tortoise missile fly s-l-o-w-l-y into the Hektors as they rain laser spunk on you

Comment

Nice one, that's it Crazy people, all those buttons and they put it on Back

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            You could be onto a sneaky extra set of points here. I wonder if you start a new save if you will have the JPN and PAl version of the points?
                            lol I'll have to try that!

Thing is, when I checked further down my games list, the Japanese entry for CB3 had vansihed and the most recent game I'd played, EDF2017, was now at the top, half in Japanese. Bummer. Van and I had always wondered how CB3 had appeared in Paulos G's list in English - cos he'd used the HD in an Asian machine, natch.

Comment

What weapons are recommended? I'm using an upgraded version of machine gun you start with, and that rocket launcher which fires one really powerful shot each time (800 damage or something).

Comment

Its all personal preference. you have to judge whats best for you based on damage done, distance, accuracy, reload time and ammo. i like a good machine gun with plenty of ammo and also a fairly accurate rocket launcher with a fast reload.

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                                What weapons are recommended? I'm using an upgraded version of machine gun you start with, and that rocket launcher which fires one really powerful shot each time (800 damage or something).

Comment

Working...
                                X