No announcement yet.

Earth Defense Forces 3 - Chikyuu Boueigun 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just fills my heart with joy to think about, how many people can finally enjoy a Chikyuu Boueigun game and it's wonderful to see how many people are enjoying it.

Just hope that it sells really well, so that the Sandlot folks will be able to make more of these games, for many years to come.

This game has Co-Op?
    This series offers one of the best Co-Op gaming experience ever imo.

Seems like I really do have to get an XBox 360, I'm really tempted to get this.

BTW I really can't mention this often enough, anyone who hasn't played the second part of the series and has a PS2 capable of playing PAL games has to get THIS asap!
    Could be the best 10 quids you'll ever spent on a game ^_-

Comment

Its awesome, I get to feel like I'm playing the Alpha build of a game like a real games tester!

And one who is enjoying every minute of it.

Comment

Brilliant game, I haven't had this much fun in a while. Just wish it had an autosave feature like pretty much every other game these days. Twice now I turned off my 360 without thinking and twice I lost about an hour of progress .

Comment

That's simply not on. I hate the fact that most games are released on a Friday because turds like Play.com, with their 'free but expect it in about 5 days' policy, can ruin a weekend. I remember years ago I'd been looking forward to Metroid Prime for months and pre-ordered it. Expecting it to arrive on a friday, or a saturday at the latest, I was disgusted when it eventually arrived on a Tuesday. Cds are released on a monday, as are dvds i think, so why not games, to give the ottery postal system a chance to deliver the goods?

On a EDF note, Van and I hammered the first few levels on easy up to hard yesterday and unlocked some superb weapons. Now that we can actually read what they are and do, we take the risk of equipping them now, rather than the Asian version where it was always a bit risky.

Comment

I stuck this in my machine last night and 10 hours later I was twatting the final boss, what an awsome game this is! I was playing it til after 3am and my head was that fried from the intense battles I couldn`t get to sleep til 6am, I played it through on normal difficulty so as to build up a decent arsenal of weapons and I think I`ll start hard mode today.

This game is absolutely brilliant. The uber powerful weapons, massive enemies and unbelievably huge spaceships and bosses. Some for the battles are short affairs, but others are just massive marathon killing sessions with 100`s of giant enemies coming at you. Firing uber powerful rockets into swarms and swarms of these giant insects and watching their corpses fly 100`s of feet into the air is great fun.

With all these enemies on screen at one time there is enevitably some slowdown and sometimes it`s very s l o w, but there are other times when it`s utter chaos and it plays smoother than a cashmire codpiece.

My only gripe with the game is the vehicles, I thought they were ****e. They are very cumbersome and are more of a hinderance than a help so in the end I stopped going in them.

On the whole I think this game is fantastic and for £25 (GAME) you can`t go wrong, I`d recommend this to everyone!

Comment

Yeah vehicles have been **** since the first game. Avoid. Although the big mech suit is actually fairly useful on some levels,

like the one set ona big open plain with about 6 walkers knocking around amongst red ants, normal ants and spiders - I just entered the mech and fired at the walkers from where I was, destroying them very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                That's simply not on. I hate the fact that most games are released on a Friday because turds like Play.com, with their 'free but expect it in about 5 days' policy, can ruin a weekend. I remember years ago I'd been looking forward to Metroid Prime for months and pre-ordered it. Expecting it to arrive on a friday, or a saturday at the latest, I was disgusted when it eventually arrived on a Tuesday. Cds are released on a monday, as are dvds i think, so why not games, to give the ottery postal system a chance to deliver the goods?
                Or just order from Gameplay/Shop-to and get 99% of orders on Thursdays

Comment

That's what I did

All mistakes learnt from.

Comment

Yeah vehicles have been **** since the first game.
                    The bike can be very handy for hit and run tactics and this was a must in some of the later levels on the hardest difficulties in EDF1/2.
                    The tank isn't that bad either, especially when your mate is standing on top and firing his missile launcher like there's no tomorrow (you could also do this with the bike, but the possibility of falling off was way higher).

Btw how's the difficulty? Anyone finished the game on insane yet?
                    Co-Op is much easier I suppose (I'd no problems finishing EDF1 in Co-Op but found it to be near impossible in singleplayer, haven't finished EDF2 in Co-Op yet).
                    Last edited by Ryo Saeba; 31-03-2007, 15:05.

Comment

The more I played this game last night the more I thought the voice of the General at HQ sounded familiar and indeed it is, it`s the same fella that speaks to you from "The Agency" in Crackdown, Michael McConnohie.

Comment

Stunning game. This is the most fun I've had in quite a while. I've had a go at the harder difficulties but just get horribly creamed, need to boost my health massively.

So what weapons are everyone using?

Comment

The 30-capacity missile launcher is a good laugh on the early levels to deal out severe destruction.

Heh the only thing Ive used the bike for is quick goody-picking-up on big levels.

I haven't tried insane yet so can't comment.

Comment

Just got to mission 20, very very enjoyable game. Can't wait to try it on coop.

Only doing it on normal but some of the missions have been pretty tough (like...mission 20!). Have done a few on Hard and failed with Hardest!

I'm using the AF15 Assault Rifle and the Goliath D1 rocket. 3 Hours in, 7% complete and 362 stamina. I've checked other forums and people have thousands of HP, scary when each pickup only adds one!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                              Just got to mission 20, very very enjoyable game. Can't wait to try it on coop.

Only doing it on normal but some of the missions have been pretty tough (like...mission 20!). Have done a few on Hard and failed with Hardest!

I'm using the AF15 Assault Rifle and the Goliath D1 rocket. 3 Hours in, 7% complete and 362 stamina. I've checked other forums and people have thousands of HP, scary when each pickup only adds one!
                              If the going ever gets too tough as far as health/armour goes, go back and re-do old levels. Off the top of my head level 9 is good because

if you wait til the walkers are on the beach, you can blast them and they'll drop 3 items each, usually weapons and armour. It's over quite quick too, so it has plenty of goody-whoring potential.

Comment

ME3 Emerald for me. Absolutely superb weapon, that!

Comment

Working...
                                X