SD Gundam SCAD Hammers JPN Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD Gundam SCAD Hammers JPN Wii

Christmas has come early in my flat with not only the 360 HD-DVD player but a new game for my Japanese Wii. I know next to nothing about the world of Gundam having never played any of the previous games, seen any of the anime (I?m guessing here) or bought the toys - I know not what a SCAD is. After watching the manga style intro it would seem that our galaxy is at war and the general has looked to a scientist to come up with a winning invention to turn the tide. Despite the generals calls for BIG ****ING GUNS it would seem the boffin is more in favour of attaching huge ?hammers? to chains that can be swung by a child in a massive robot suit. Genius!

So far I?ve played through the three trial missions which see you destroying crates for powerups, whacking other kids in robot suits and defending a large white box. Pretty basic stuff that smacks of old school arcade action. The kid and the scientist pop up a lot in an Advance Wars kind of way and I should mention that 99% of the text is Japanese.

The controls however are awesome - if you don?t want to be waving the Wiimote around like a spaz (then why did you buy a Wii???) then you gonna hate this!! Movement is handled as you would expect by the analogue stick on the nunchuck and its nice and smooth. Z is jump. C charge attack. The Wiimote acts as if you are holding the chain with the hammer on the end of it so swinging it will cause the hammer to spin around you and forward movement (like fishing in Zelda) sends it out in front of you - the harder you flick it the further it will travel. A is block and an onscreen promote will tell you to shake both controllers to pull of a counter move. The B button is where this gets really fun though. When held down the chain goes slack and by spinning your character with the analogue stick the hammer is sent around too allowing you to chain your enemy hits together. Also with B held down you can move the hammer at incredible speeds back and forward and around you using flicks of the Wiimote. MASSIVE DAMAGE!!!

At the moment I feel like a thug smashing up the place with no real skill, but I?m pretty sure once I?ve got stuck in more the chaining will become the main hook.

Vids please

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This vid probably isn't even worth watching tbh as its blurry and I'm pretty much running around swinging my hammer all over the shop. But it should give you a rough idea. Its an underwater stage and I was joined by an AI 'friend' in the section before who seems to think throwing rocks is the best form of attack >_<

Will do a proper vid after the Christmas chaos is over...

Comment

That looks fan-****ing-tastic!

Guess it will be #1 on my Wii list when I can actually find a system for a non extortionate price!

Comment

looks great! if you do another vid could you show some of the livingroom action? cause right now i'm imagining you doing pirouettes on your coffee table or something

Comment

Zomg, back from the dead!

This game is bloody beautiful. SCAD finally tipped me over into getting a 32wlt68 instead of a benq FP241W that had the 1:1 mapping firmware. Bye bye 600 squids.

Wii

On the training missions at the moment. Hands motions seem like they could become a bit tedious but I have improved quite a bit for the few minutes I've played it so far.

I'm actually quite excited to get back to it. It has been a while since that has happened.

Comment

Is this game out in the states yet?

Comment

anyone completed this game?

it ends at A Baoa Qu (level 9 mission), but after end titles, it unlocks a new mission (level 10). standing to the only help found on GameFAQs, completing this mission will unlock Turn A Gundam. but this mission has special rules. since I can read very basic Japanese, anyone can help on what these rules are?

another request, anyhone has a list of task to complete to unlock all Gundams?

many thanks

Comment

Working...
                X