No announcement yet.

Metal Slug Anthology PSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's this on the PSP screen? I found Gradius portable and Rolling Thinder on the Namco Collection nigh on unplayable because of the smudging, how does this compare?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      The MS5 is taken from a bootleg by all accounts.
      LOL any linkys or info

Comment

How text heavy is the Japanese version? It has an amazing cover artwork so I might pick up that one instead.

Comment

Yeah the UK release is bloody awful.

Comment

Originally posted by spinpug666 View Post
            The UK PSP version i have right here has all 6, not sure about PS2.
            Is there not seven? 1-6 and then X in there too? Maybe i'm wrong?
            Can anyone confirm how many slugs the UK/US/JPN Games have, are they different?

Comment

Doh....... yeah your right 1,2,X,3,4,5,6!

P.S. the UK version has all the blood etc. i've not noticed anything missing or white blood lol

Comment

Originally posted by Oh_Mutants View Post
                How's this on the PSP screen? I found Gradius portable and Rolling Thinder on the Namco Collection nigh on unplayable because of the smudging, how does this compare?
                Every game I've ever played on the PSP has smudging. Surely you'd be used to it by now

Seriously though, it's visable but nowhere near as bad as what featured in Rolling Thunder.

Comment

Am playing Gradius Collection at the moment and there is no smudging at all from what I can see.

The only game I've played which has is Ridge.

Comment

Originally posted by linkedtpthepast View Post
                    Is there not seven? 1-6 and then X in there too? Maybe i'm wrong?
                    Can anyone confirm how many slugs the UK/US/JPN Games have, are they different?
                    The Japanese version according to its box has 1,2,X,3,4,5 and 6.

Hope that helps ya.

ETA - everything on the Japanese version is in English (perhaps it's dependent on what language your PSP system is set to). It also has red blood that splurts very amusingly from enemy soldiers.

Irritatingly, it has a tendency to stutter at certain points.
                    Last edited by DeathAdder; 24-02-2007, 13:19.

Comment

I just got this.....finally, seems kind of hard to find in the highstreet stores.

So, what do I think? The load times are bad, and distract from what are awesome games. Even changing characters, it loads, then re-selecting them it loads....very poor.

The whole package is a bit "knocked together" it just doesnt have that feel of quality to it. This is a shame as they do look very good on the PSP, and with the save anywhere option, they make great games to play on the go.

Yes I still think its worth buying as its cheap considering the amount of games you do get. The package is value for money regardless of the slowdown and initial load times. Its just when you compare a product like this to say...the Parodius Portable collection its seems kind of shoddy...even the box artwork looks terrible for the Euro version.

These games are truly amazing in terms of artwork and animation. Its a great value collection spoilt somewhat by load times.

Comment

Anybody with 'custom' firmware tried ripping this & running it from their memory stick &, if so, are the loads still a big issue?

Cheers.

Comment

I have it on my memstick, the lag persists on the title screen when choosing a game, and when you select a character. Also random slowdown when theres a lot on screen. Cracking game though.

Comment

^^
                            Thanks for confirming

Comment

Working...
                            X