Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't it eventually go something like 4 star and -- so it looks like this

** --

Can't remember where I saw/heard that? Not sure...can anyone confirm, or does it just stay at 99?

Comment

I'm at 99 now. It goes up, though I have about 50 orbs to find and I don't know where any of them are.

If I was to criticise the game, I'd say it's unfair on the player to think they're just about to max out their stats (level four takes ages to fill), only then to bump them down again (99 is like another level to fill in itself, though it's slightly faster).

Taking out the gang bosses doesn't seem to be filling my agility gauge either. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post

** --
        I know the PR guy for Crackdown was on the MN podcast this week and he commented that once you get to 4*/99 then the skills just show -- to indicate they are maxed out. Not quite sure what concept is saying above though, and whether this contradicts what he was saying.

Managed to get my agility up to 4* last night with approx 50% of the agility orbs found. Have to say the leap (lol) in my jumping skill was not that great from 3-4 barely noticed the difference tbh. Started working on my driving skill finally and my explosive is slowly climbing now I have a grenade launcher. I've not got the rockets yet though, found and picked up one many times, just never made it back to a supply point without dying

Have to say I'm finding the difficulty quite hard on ruthless ! I'm dying far more in boss encounters than I expected, well more specifically getting through the hoards to the boss. I'm having to carry on flanking around to the bosses position without getting noticed and then running. Even with near 4* strength I'm not finding my guys energy lasts long, esp. in the middle of a fire fight.

Loving the game still though, both the main campaign and just exploring are a great laugh !

Comment

My meter on 4 star 99 is half full (still building), and when I come across agility orbs (getting rare now) they're absorbed into the stat.

Comment

So to max our your stats, from level 4 you have to level up twice to get to (as it were) level 5 (fully maxed).

A bit unfair! Sounds like you're gonna need 500/500 orbs at least.

Comment

Hidden orbs and rooftop races help a lot so it's almost certainly possible without the 500. I'm having trouble locating rooftop races though.

For all of Crackdown's enjoyment, as with GTA, it's data tracking (what you've collected and where) along with clear, detailed but unwieldly map design is where it struggles. Then again, it's not the easiest of things to solve.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevvy Metal View Post
                Holy ****!!!!!

How'd he get that thing up there?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u9vfIGGVMAU
                This game was made for you tube! Once 'm done with the missions, i'm so going play with mates to "Do stooopid stuff"

The game has reminded me of why I love the hobby. It's fun!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post

And yes, I agree with what has been said - making a jump from the top of a building, across a busy road and just making it across, is such an incredible feeling. You get so intune with your characters abilities that you just know if you can make a jump or not before attempting it - even the insane leaps of faith. I haven't felt this connected to a character since Master Chief; it all just works so well.
                  I'm glad you posted that, as it needs saying.

The reason the orb hunting is so fun, is because the platform aspect is as near damn it perfect.

I can only remember having the feeling that I could time my jumps so well with Mario 64.

For me the orb hunting is like a whole enjoyable platform game in itself.

The fact that I can take a rocket launcher and juggle flaming cars is just the icing on the cake.

The dude who designed this game must LOVE gaming!

I also now understand the 7/10's it got from the USA. The game is WASTED on people who are desparate for a structured A-Z plan.

The next generation is finally here, using new technology to build new posibilities, not just better visuals.

To think that after the demo I nearly gave this a miss!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post

** --

Can't remember where I saw/heard that? Not sure...can anyone confirm, or does it just stay at 99?

Yeah it looks like this -- **
                    It turns into a dash after 99.

You don't physically level up though when you reach the dash.
                    Last edited by EvilBoris; 25-02-2007, 12:35.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      Yeah it looks like this -- **
                      It turns into a dash after 99.

You don't physically level up though when you reach the dash.
                      hmm, so you stay at lvl 4 and the remaining 99 don't display any difference in agility from when you physically levelled to 4 stars?

Comment

So when you hit level 4* with 00. Thats you maxed out, nothing else you do or collect will make you jump further?

Maybe an upgrade in the game down the line will allow this!!

Finished it last night with my mate using his game so I've still got to do alot of it again which I dont mind at all because it was EXCELLENT fun.

The Shai Gen region is amazing. So many high jumps to make, we started it with 3 stars but soon got it up to 4 which made a world of different. Tried climbing the Wang Tower from the outside but didnt manage. Theres a big building next to it with circular red lines around the side of it, but they only start like 50ft up, so I thought "I bet you can grab them!" so climbed the Wang tower as much as I could, then made a leap of faith across and landed it on the red lines! Then made my way to the top, then once at the top its a tricky little ledge hidden away to get y ou onto the proper roof of the building. Took us a while to find the way but it was genius when we seen it.

From there, we went back up to the Wang Tower now alot higher up that before, and still couldnt make it any further after a while, I dont think its possible to scale to the top from the outside, so we jumped around to another one with big neon orange lines on it, then onto the one next to it with big blue curved neon lines on it. I missed a jump and died so went back to the supply point at the other side of the square, so then we had a rocket launcher fight from hundreds of metres away on top different buildings and I won knocking my mate to the ground killing him! Excellent fun seeing his flaming body just flying through the air and down to the ground.

Probably put about 25 hours into this now, all co-op and its simply the best game I've played for ages! Not sure what it will be like when I've maxed out everything and done all the achievements but it may still take a while to do that anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                          So when you hit level 4* with 00. Thats you maxed out, nothing else you do or collect will make you jump further?
                          Nope I've got 4* agility and strength and it's still climbing. Think what Boris means is it climbs to 4* / 99 and when you hit the 99 that 99 turns into a --. I got the achievements at 4* 00 though !

Comment

I said all this many posts ago.

Comment

You constantly get stronger with each orb you collect up until you get to --

Level 4 is the last "level up" animation you see though.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                                You constantly get stronger with each orb you collect up until you get to --

Level 4 is the last "level up" animation you see though.
                                aaah. I didnt know you get a performance boost with each orb you collect. Good to know!

Comment

Working...
                                X