No announcement yet.

Crackdown (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had enough for the day - 11 hours and I have 3 VOLK under-bosses and the kingpin to take out, have everything but driving skill on 3 stars and counting, and got a nice selection of explosive weaponary helping me out.

Still not done any roof or car races, and only have 1 stunt ring collected so far ... cba with the vehicles, much more fun to take to the rooftops.

Comment

Yeah but they should at the speed you're driving!

Comment

The pedestrians still die the same.

Comment

Oh and thanks Boris, you inadvertantly gave me the homing rockets! You gave them to Yosh and he gave them to me

Awesome...Just what I need actually, it holds 5 ammo without reloading too!!

Nice.

I'm wondering if there is a list of weapons yet, I have 3 types of grenade but there seems to be empty slots...

Comment

The impressions you guys are giving so far are awesome, can't wait to get it tomorrow! Can you go inside buildings of any kind and cause havoc there too?....can't remember if you could in the demo.

Comment

Not as such. But you don't need to. You can go up stairs in/around buildings, the buildings are mainly hollow. Some buildings you can go under as well

Hope that makes sense!

Comment

Under buildings?! I look forward to exploring that for sure.

Comment

Loving the more descriptive tags next to players on your friends list who are playing this

Single Player Campaign Killing Helpless Innocents
                  Boris, you bastard

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                    Under buildings?! I look forward to exploring that for sure.
                    Where else do you think the under world would hide out

Comment

Originally posted by Simmy View Post
                      Where else do you think the under world would hide out

Comment

Loving the new agent skins for this - the guy with the mask was powered up enough for it to be full frontal when I started used him. It looks like his final form is totally Ninja too

The guy with the night vision style goggles looks totally bad ass with his helmet and duel goggles (and that's not even the completed form).

I really like how they don't just tie you to one Agent once you've selected them and you can swap between their different types each time you start. It's a small touch but very welcome.

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        Although they are fake ones that you can't hurt.
                        To an extent, but it does depend on how high you are / how far away they are. But regardless of any smoke and mirrors involved, there's something just right about being able to stand there and watch traffic sail over a bridge far away in the distance, particularly with their headlights on at night. Most impressive.

One thing I could have sworn was in the game videos but haven't seen yet is vehicle occupants responding when you do stuff to them (like screaming and thrashing about when you pick up the car with them still in it). Was I imagining things there, as it doesn't seem to happen in game?

Comment

Yeah your right, Ive seen the passengers freaking out

I was standing just looking at a car and threw a sticky grenade on the window - then I seen the driver freaking out/waving arms and driving off ...at which point I shot one of the back tires and watched it skid in a circle on the rims - then I detonated - pure class

I have been hyped about this game since playing the demo - The last time I was as excited as this about a videogame was when GTA III on the PS2 came out. Im now purchasing a 360.....*Just* for Crackdown

I had a quick browse through the latest EDGE at the newsagents, and I see that they only gave it 8/10. Honestly, are they for real? I thought to myself 'this must be a 9/10 game surely'...best graphics & fun I have seen for a long, long time.... Cant wait to play with the Rocket Launcher

Bring on GTA IV

Comment

I'm still loving this to bits, I'm so glad the later gang members are so much harder as it means I'm happy just to wonder the world in a neverending hunt for orbs. I've only got about another 50 greenies to go

Comment

While I'm only on the first island still, I'd agree with that - it's really satisfying hunting down the orbs because you get so much out of doing it.

The rewards of scaling up to a seemingly impossible point of a building and the overall benefits of collecting the orbs stop it from feeling like just one big collect-athon where you're collecting just for the sake of it.

Comment

Have Realtime Worlds solved the old GTA menu design problem (or more accurately negligence) though? What I mean by that is... does the game provide a map where you can toggle icons of the orbs you've collected?

Secret package hunting was always a nightmare in GTA unless you strictly followed a guide from the beginning and kept track of where you were with them.
                                Last edited by Concept; 21-02-2007, 06:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X