Crackdown (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
    Is the only way to get your agility up to collect the orbs?
    Nope, you can do rooftop races, collect hidden orbs for a little increase of everything, or get kills at high altitudes.

Comment

I've heard the game has an option to turn on or off random crimes. Even when you've cleared all the gangs you should still be able to fight against them, just not the bosses or kingpins.

Comment

Loving this, spent the night when I had time to play collecting the Ability Orbs, once you've found a few it's hard to break the cycle to go scouting for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
          I've heard the game has an option to turn on or off random crimes. Even when you've cleared all the gangs you should still be able to fight against them, just not the bosses or kingpins.
          Can anyone confirm this? If so how do you do it?

Cheers

Comment

I can't confirm it, but they were talking about it on the 1up Yours podcast before. It gets unlocked when you beat all 21 of the bosses and finish the final crimes, it's just an option in the menu i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
              I can't confirm it, but they were talking about it on the 1up Yours podcast before. It gets unlocked when you beat all 21 of the bosses and finish the final crimes, it's just an option in the menu i think.
              I hope it's true, as everything does get a bit too quiet when you start taking out the gangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
                Loving this, spent the night when I had time to play collecting the Ability Orbs, once you've found a few it's hard to break the cycle to go scouting for me.
                I'm having the same problem. I see one I haven't got and scale whatever it is to get it. While I'm up there I'll spot another one.

"I'll just go and get that as well..."

Except when I get there I spot another.

"Alright, just one more..."

And then I spot another.

And another.

And another.

Before I know it an hour has passed and I've been leaping across the rooftops like a nutter.

Comment

Yep, sounds about right.

Not enjoyed a sandbox game this much since... ever!

Comment

Originally posted by sharky_ob View Post
                    I hope it's true, as everything does get a bit too quiet when you start taking out the gangs.
                    As I said, just join some random game...you dont have to talk to them but you can still level up since the gangs will still be there. Just specify a partner that has low skill levels!

I was wondering if after you complete it, you can start afresh in your city with all the enemies back, and bosses. That would be ****ing awesome, I could go through this game 20 times and not get bored.
                    Last edited by Jebus; 22-02-2007, 12:26.

Comment

wow, I hate 'sandbox' games and despite much effort (and cost) have never found one I could be bothered with.

this though is just fantastic, just spent 4 hours leveling up and taking out gangs, its just fantastic, the controls are spot on (the camera is a little dizzying at times) and i love the feeling of size and lack of linearity it conveys.

a triple A title for me and a major surprise as was expecting to not like it that much, glad I let the vids on IGN persuade me otherwise.

Comment

Killed all 21 of the bosses today, Possible spoiler,

and in the menu where you select your character there is now the option to turn "Random Crimes" on/off.

Also about the end movie...

I think it's better than some people are making out, i don't know if i'm right about this, but i think the ending trailer suggests that the agency are behind the gangs all around the city, and this is the testing ground for their first "genetically enhanced" agent. It also said something about putting the citizens through something horrible...so they could appreciate what they had.

Last edited by Synthesthesia; 22-02-2007, 20:47.

Comment

Spent a good few hours with it today before going to work this evening, loving it. Wanted more time but the postman took ages this morning!

Got my agility up to 2 stars so far and I think everything else bar strength - which is 1 - is still at zero stars.

I spent a good hour trying to do jumps in the cars to get the achievements but only managed to get 1 of the barrel roll ones, I should have got both of them but some some reason when I pulled off a roll to the right it wasnt registering. I done it 3/4 times too.

Great game though, will be tanking it over the weekend as I have got a holiday off for Saturday so should be up for co-op too with anyone else if you're about.

Comment

Agility orbs = Crack (down)

This game is great fun, the actual missions are pretty samey at the moment but collecting orbs and levelling up is amazing. Cannot wait to invade other areas!

Comment

Well I got bored of all of my friends list either playing co-op already or declining to play with me Sooooo I just rattled through all the bosses.

I can now turn the crime on and off, this basically fills the world full of gangmembers as normal, just minus the gang leaders.

Comment

This game is like a drug, but whenever I die and lose my progress in the stats bar I become turned off

Apart frm that, it's amazing that I would rather run than drive in a primarily driving sandbox game..

Comment

Working...
                                X