Crackdown (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
    Oh god!!! I just found the grenade launcher, managed to make it to a supply point and accidentally swapped it for another weapon before I got there. It's the first I've seen, so pissed at my stupidity, when I realise what had happened I rushed back to the spot it had disappeared. NO!
    I hear your pain.

Last night one of the mob bosses on the beach dropped a launcher. I rushed over to grab it and one of his hench gits threw a grenade which blew me face first into some rocks (comedy ragdolling FTW!). Got up and found that he'd also blown up the rocket launcher.

Cue a sticky bomb to the offending grenade throwers leg, before detonating him into oblivion. And then stomping his flaming ass in to the sand.

Comment

This is also one of the most solid games I have played on the 360, I've yet to see a single glitch or bit of flakyness show itself in the 25+ hours I've played it.

Mrs Timbol went down last night, spent 20 minutes individually sniping her henchmen from a safe height, then I broke her greenhouse with several cluster grenades and firefly rockets.

Comment

Just had problems trying to join my first game (evilboris) and it kept stopping me (Im on open nat).

Anyone know how the online section works do I just set it up for say friends only and then launch my own co-op game for them to join if and when they see fit or do I have to click on a friend and invite them?

Comment

Its my shonky network connection, it has gone to strict tonight, must be too many scummy students downloading Lost tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post

Cue a sticky bomb to the offending grenade throwers leg, before detonating him into oblivion. And then stomping his flaming ass in to the sand.
            But I'll tell you what, yet again the anger it causes lets you do something cool.

I've had similar, when one granading idiot has knocked me off somewhere I'm climbing.

So, I procede to chuck as many stick bombs as I can on him, detonate then shoot a full 5 homing rockets into him in the air...after he's landed and his body has stopped burning I pick him up and throw him into the ocean.

Seriously, it cannot be overstated enough how ****ing fun this game is at EVERY corner.

I've barely touched the driving yet.

Done some excellent rooftop races though, the ferries wheel one is frustrating but doable, satisfaction guaranteed when you do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
              Done some excellent rooftop races though, the ferries wheel one is frustrating but doable, satisfaction guaranteed when you do it!
              Once you reach the upper eschelons of agility you can finish that in about 20 seconds.

Comment

I will try and do a host in next hour then and see how I get on

Im actually enjoying picking dead bodies up and chucking em at civilian drivers at moment, very funny

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  Once you reach the upper eschelons of agility you can finish that in about 20 seconds.
                  Oh absolutely, with agility level 3 (nearly four!!!) you can literally glide your way down from the top.

Boris, how far through the game are you mate? I must chuck you a friend request at some point for a co-op game.

I've wiped out Los Muertos entirely and I've done one boss in Volkland!

Comment

I've mostly tried to avoid killing the gang members as it leaves you no way to level up when you don't have anyone to kill, I've killed a couple of Shai-Gen and a couple of Volk enemies.

My Agility is fully maxed out now at 4*99 and my Strength and explosives are on the way there now. My driving and firearms are at about 3 stars each.

Comment

OK.....just climbed the agency tower and nailed the jump into the water, have to agree with Jebus, was one of the most satisfying moments I have had during a game. Climbing that building was a test of patience and skill indeed, but boy did it feel good once I got there. In other news (lol), played the game for about 5 hours straight on co-op with HaHa UK and was a blast! We were just going around the city causing havoc and along the way we managed to kill a few bosses too. Oh and collecting those orbs is addictive as hell, as you see a few lying around you pick them up and then get urge to search for more! Overall this a great game and boy does GTA4 have a challenge!

Comment

I did see two glitches on the demo, though I've probably played it more than is healthy, so I suppose it's only to be expected... <_< Anyway, if anyone's bothered/interested; there was one when I was climbing that club... Los Banditos, is it? Straight outside the exit from Agency tunnel #1, where you get the "first" two agility orbs. I managed to jump inside a wall there - very odd.

The other was when I was driving the supercar and tried to ram that little group of Los Muertos who hang around just past the wooden fence around the apartment complex, by the turning off the main road, the one that heads up and curves around the wire boundary. I managed to wedge the car under that road going up, and jammed it in so far underneath the game wouldn't let me exit the vehicle.

Still, hey, I found both of them amusing, which is why I bothered typing that out.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          I've mostly tried to avoid killing the gang members as it leaves you no way to level up when you don't have anyone to kill
                          That's not true mate, all you have to do is play co-op with a mate who hasn't killed everyone. If you join his game, everything in his city is as his game is, so if he hasn't killed anyone, you can kill them all over again.

Also, you can still up your agility via the orbs, rooftop races (beat your time to get more) and of course you can improve your driving by doing the races and stunt markers.

Not to mention the 300 hidden orbs that need finding, they'll help you level up also.

This game has serious legs to it

Comment

That wasn't my main concern, it is just alot less interesting when there is noone to kill. Green Bay is dead boring now all of los muertos are dead.

You can actually go into time trials to level up dead quick.
                            I quickly had a bash at time trials on tough, you are almost invincible on that setting, I've toally forgotten.

Comment

Is the only way to get your agility up to collect the orbs?

I found since playing co-op whoever hosts your just playing their game. I joined a friends (first time took seconds and was flawless in play) and he had done all the first section bar one so we went for that (I had em all crossed out when I havent done any!) and we both killed him and got a co-op achievement. I noticed it saving and then went off for food and was panicking that it had bypased all his kills but when I went back to check (I even saved a memory card from scratch incase today) it had reverted back to how I played it solo with all of them still to do and it hadnt acredited me for the kill we did together. It had increased my stats though and kept them and kept the rocket launcher I had found, so really their is no need to worry about joining a co-op game anymore unlike GOW

Comment

Originally posted by dlittley View Post
                                8/10 from Edge is VERY good.
                                Sorry - this game is excellent!

Had a great time tonight boosting my maori brothers powers....

That Rocket launcher is sublime

Comment

Working...
                                X