No announcement yet.

Crackdown (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to do the whole game coop?

Comment

I've yet to give it a go but it seems that way

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
        I've yet to give it a go but it seems that way

I would think a Sandbox game like this could be quite fun coop, but the demo didn't let me setup a private game.

If it works well in the RTM version, then I'll give it a purchase.

Comment

You get a few more options with the full game - that includes being able to bung people invites to come and join you.

You get an option when playing to allow just solo play, to have any old Tom Dick and Harry join you (and can even set what criteria you want them to fill like being good with explosives / guns / driving etc) or playing with people you want to invite only.

Comment

It seems it is far more seamless in the full game than it was in the demo, infact the devs said it was restricted in the demo on purpose.

When you first start a campaign it asks you what level of coop experience you want to set : allow anyone to join, allow friends only to join, allow invite only to join. Seems to imply that it is fully drop in drop out from that. Only thing I'm not sure of is whether both players get the same
            game progression in the campaign and achievements if playing in coop, or if the game progression only goes for the hosts campaign !

edit : Damn spatial and his lightning fingers

Comment

Just under 7 hours into it now - wiped out the first gang and working my way on the 2nd (really need to upgrade my ability icon - just under 3 stars at the mo but the 2nd gang has some higher buildings to climb).Got around 140 stars upto now (out of 500) - found that if you get stars and then die before saving you regenerate at the original level though the stars you picked up previously are then lost.

Took the first gang out in order - really does make a difference when going up against the kingpin of the gang.

My car driving skill is way down - much rather leap from building to building than drive my car in, strength is building up nicely and gun ability is my highest.

Mad sense of vertigo with some of the jumps from buildings - trying to climb the agency tower is messing me up (need to upgrade my abilities i think)

Not gone for any roof races or vehicle races yet ... just getting the quest out of the way before going through it again at leisure

Comment

Can you die from high falls then? Is all this building jumping life and limb risking action?

Comment

I've not died from a high fall yet.

So, some updates.

For me at least, the co-op isn't as seamless as it claims to be.

I invited Yosh to a game and it restarted me back at the agency building, when he quit, it chucked me back to the main menu after it saved. Now, this MIGHT have been because I was in a solo game when I invited him, perhaps if I start it as a co-op game it'd be proper drop-in/drop-out.

Although Yosh was in MY city (so to speak), I couldn't gain achievements. We blew a car up together and had it in the air for ages, he got the achievement but I didn't. I thought perhaps it was because he hit it with the initial grenade that took it up but later whilst Yosh was having a private chat with someone I went off and found a Los Muertos gang member, I had him up in the air for at least 15 seconds but no acheivement!

After Yosh left I reloaded the game and got that achievement easily on my first try.

Try as I might I can't say anything bad about this game, it's just too incredible.

As much as Gears has raised the bar graphically, this has raised the bar in every other aspect. I certainly agree with the post earlier regarding it being more polished. It just looks and feels damn near perfect.

I can't get enough, I kept telling my missus "one more go" but eventually I had to stop, because I'd had 6 one more goes!
                  Last edited by Jebus; 20-02-2007, 15:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
                    Can you die from high falls then? Is all this building jumping life and limb risking action?
                    Indeed you can, I did so many a time in the demo! If your Agility is low you lose health very easily from falls.

Comment

Also, even if the fall doesn't kill you, a lot of the time you'll lose all your shield and if you land near some gang members.....

Comment

Its been a long time since a single game got a full days hammering - tired as hell and yet just need one more go...

finding it harder against the Volk - one boss in a grounded oiler tanker is giving me tons of problems, I can't jump into the tanker, and he has thousands of men around him (or so it seems) - dunno whether to chill out with him for a bit and go kill someone else, or just persevere with him.

If this had been released before christmas it would have been a contender for GotY 2006 - i doubt it will get a look in for 2007's due to launching so early in the year ....

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                          For me at least, the co-op isn't as seamless as it claims to be.
                          I invited Yosh to a game and it restarted me back at the agency building, when he quit, it chucked me back to the main menu after it saved. Now, this MIGHT have been because I was in a solo game when I invited him, perhaps if I start it as a co-op game it'd be proper drop-in/drop-out.
                          Yeah the co-op isn't quite as hopin/outable as they said it was, but in all fairness there is a patch due out in a couple of days that fixes some of the problems that occur, I was struggling to join someones game yesterday.

Originally posted by John Beaulieu View Post
                          Its been a long time since a single game got a full days hammering - tired as hell and yet just need one more go...
                          It is suprising how hard the Volk and Shai-gen are, although I'm REALLY glad it is as I now just roam the city doing random stuff instead of speeding my way through the gangs.

Comment

Speaking of updates......

as if by magic the update has just appeared

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                              Speaking of updates......

as if by magic the update has just appeared
                              is there a changelog listed anywhere?

Comment

Is there a greater sense of weight on the final game over the demo. Do pedestrians still die from the slightest brush from your car's wing mirror for example?

Comment

Working...
                                X