No announcement yet.

Crackdown (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The orbs don't show up on the map at all. I do wish there was some way to turn off races you've completed from showing on your HUD.

Finding all the stunt markers is also an arse , as they only who up when you are inside a vehicle.
    Last edited by EvilBoris; 21-02-2007, 07:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Mus View Post
      I had a quick browse through the latest EDGE at the newsagents, and I see that they only gave it 8/10.
      8/10 from Edge is VERY good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
        Oh my god, oh my god.

I just got the High Flyer (climb the tower) and Base jumper (jump from the tower to the pool of water) achievements.

MOST SATISFYING GAMING MOMENT EVER.

I had a go at climbing it earlier but I wasn't "agile" enough, but just now...it took about 15/20 minutes to do and there were moments where I actually said "No, please let me find a way, I've come this far! PLEASE"...in fact there were several.

But I did it, oh my god the draw distance is monumental. The view...the view.

Then the jump, I knew if I ****ed it up I'd have another 20 minute climb to the top, but I nailed it first time, straight in the water "YES!"..

I did this last night, and Jebus is right - this is a gaming golden moment. The feeling of vertigo is something I've never felt in a game before - ever! But as you get nearer and nearer the top, you find yourself not wanting to step too close to the edges, stupidly thinking you must be close to the top - no knowing you have the hardest climbing and jumping still to do Oh yes, there is some serious precision jumping involved very near the top of the building, real heart in the mouth, crawly bollock stuff.
        Last edited by Hardbattle; 21-02-2007, 10:08.

Comment

Loving this as I new I would. Managed to spend a solid two hours with it last night, into the midnight hours.

Playing more of the story than I expected to at the moment : tend to unlock a supply point which seems to always put me into an area which triggers a boss dossier, and as soon as I've seen that I have to go take them out. The attack system is the best which I've experienced in a sandbox city game so far, both hand to hand and armed, with the variable lock-on working really well. I just love sighting someone from a distance while hiding behind a wall, and then leaping in taking them out before my feet hit the ground All boses have to be stomped to death I've decided, and I was pleased that I managed to get my "Bare-Knuckle Brawler" achievement for kicking 150 gangmembers to death within the 2 hours I played

Need to do some more exploring tonight, got just under 100 agility orbs and about 10 hidden orbs, just from random leaping last night, need to approach that a bit more methodically to get allot more. Not as easy to explore the world as a GTA as you are most of the time under seige, but that makes for half the fun.

Can't wait to get back to this later, maybe I'll even drive a car this time

Comment

Originally posted by Simmy View Post
            All boses have to be stomped to death I've decided

In a simialr fashion I've decided that once they're defeated I have to pick them up and toss them off a building / at their remaining stooges as a shock and awe tactic. Very statisying.

Love the unscripted comedy moments in this game too - last night while pelting it towards an over pass there was an almighty crash from above and a trailer cab smashed over the barrier, sailed right over my head (just missing me) and landing a few feet behind me. The driver then stumbled out and just stood there looking confused. I looked up and there was two peacekeepers starring over the edge of the overpass.

I have no idea what was going on above, but it must have been something amazing

Comment

mine is very like that as well but involves the final blow be dealt with a grenade and the flaming corspse thrown as far as possible

also what the lowest agility needed to climb the agency tower?

Comment

I had 3 stars and made the climb by the skin of my teeth....

Comment

You can make it with two star but only with a certain route, at least you could in the demo anyway.

Hope mine turns up tomorrow, the wait is killing me, particularly with all these positive impressions!

Comment

I'm sure you can't do it with 2 stars Pete, I tried for ages.

I'm almost certain it's three stars, otherwise it gives away on of the best feelings in the game pretty easily. It's not hard to get two stars.

Also, with 2 stars I'm not sure you'd have enough control over your fall to do the base jumper achievement.

Comment

I only just seemed to be able to do it with 3 starts - there were a few nail biting moments...

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                        I looked up and there was two peacekeepers starring over the edge of the overpass.

I have no idea what was going on above, but it must have been something amazing
                        Those peace keepers are up to something I tell you. Had one stood in the middle of the highway up towards the top of the first island last night. She just stood there while cars dodged around her and then smashed into the side of a tunnel. After a minute it was absolute carnage and she just stood there Oblivious to the carnage she was causing.

Must admit I took the role of Judge, Jury and executioner of her, stomping her to death for her stupidity

Comment

Simmy, you obviously love your stomping!

I'm looking forward to some co-op tonight on this with Gradius. I think this could overtake Oblivion as my favourite game on the 360.

Just love the carnage, kept laughing like a fool when I had my first go last night. Only 20 mins 'till hometime....

Comment

Oh god!!! I just found the grenade launcher, managed to make it to a supply point and accidentally swapped it for another weapon before I got there. It's the first I've seen, so pissed at my stupidity, when I realise what had happened I rushed back to the spot it had disappeared. NO!

I must find another, awesome.

The sense of scale is just ridiculous, you see an orb in the distance and you rooftop leap to go and get it, then you see another orb in the distance...you can play like that for over an hour without getting bored.

This game is just...WOW.

Comment

Started playing mine just now (thanks to shopnet delivering early yesterday) and what I found odd is on the demo I just wanted to play like GTA, kill and crush and nick cars (then I deleted it as I was getting too hooked and didn't want to spoil it) but the full game I have been climbing around like a gibbon looking for stuff instead (and I have never been one for these hidden objectives).

Really is a fantastic game. Forget GTA it has just been surpassed

If anyione wants any co-op later just send Dazzyman a tell )

Comment

I really think - once this finally turns up >_< - Crackdown might be the first game in which I go for the full 1000/1000 gamer points, or however much they've allocated before DLC increases it. I looked at the list and they do all seem achieveable - I almost feel with Crackdown I could play it for 14 hours straight (searching for orbs), unlike a certain other game whose name escapes me.

Comment

Working...
                                X