No announcement yet.

Crackdown (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elevator is in a shai gen building, one of the bosses are there...

Comment

Been playing this since launch (gameplay's launch not shopto's launch) and pretty much enjoying it. I'm not bowled over by it, but it is good fun. I think the boss areas are pretty samey and the bosses themselves (as opposed to their henchmen) dont seem to put up much of a challenge. Getting to them is the hard part.

Graphically I go from "meh" to "woah!" and back again, in the space of a few minutes. I think the draw distance is obviously impressive, but I also like the reflection of the lights on the water at night time. I dont think the style of the characters is all that - its nice - but it doesnt seem anything special tbh.

So far I've dispatched all the Los Muertos, and all but one of the Volk (having trouble finding the last one on the list!). Been into chinatown and got my ass chased out so havent really ventured in there much - took a few spawn points though.

Talking of spawning, and re-spawning, in one of the boss battles I hid in a room to get my armour up again, and bad guys kept on spawning by the three in there! Could have used a bit more intelligence on where they spawn...

Anyway, overall am enjoying it. It's certainly a good title and one I bought on it's own strength (not fussed about the Halo 3 beta test!) and haven't regretted doing so!

Comment

Originally posted by sharky_ob View Post
        Playing this with Gradius yesterday; we discovered the best (quickest) way of increasing the driving skill was to get the agency truck cab and run down the Shai Gen gangs. The area where you emerge from the tunnel has quite a few gang members on the road. Once you've got a few they all come after you. You can sometimes get 4 or 5 at a time, which really starts the driving skill meter moving!!
        I find I mow down too many civilians doing that though

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
          I find I mow down too many civilians doing that though
          No probs really - each gang member gives you a lot more than a civilian takes off. If they get in your way, it's their problem!

Comment

I'm at level 3 and 60 for driving, it's really annoying trying to kill people in the SUV because they are insanely good at dodging you, I literally hold down the handbrake whilst moving to slide around and get them it's taking a while though...can't seem to do many of the stunts yet.

I have all of the sub achievements for it but I can't get get the "jump xxx metres" one, any suggestions where to get a long jump at level 3?

Comment

really love the game - like the rest of ya

haven't tried online co-op yet, but i thought of a good idea relating to the orbs and co-op, - wouldn't it be cool if the orbs you DONT HAVE showed up yellow (for example) in your friends game, and vice versa for you, it would make exploration in co-op even more fun, and give everyone a better chance of getting all 800 orbs. The more people you play with the better the chance of them helping you out .

Comment

Has anyone noticed what the cops do after they 'help' you take out gang members?

They all start cheering and shooting their guns in the air....even though i do most of the work eliminating gangs! - I thought it was a nice touch anyhow.

Comment

I'm at level 3 and 60 for driving, it's really annoying trying to kill people in the SUV because they are insanely good at dodging you, I literally hold down the handbrake whilst moving to slide around and get them it's taking a while though...can't seem to do many of the stunts yet.

I have all of the sub achievements for it but I can't get get the "jump xxx metres" one, any suggestions where to get a long jump at level 3?
                  Here is what i did to "grind" from 3 star driving to 4 star.

Go to the car ramp hanger which happens to be a base for one of the bosses on the first island. run over all the dudes in teh SUV and kill the boss...then constantly do front flips/barrel rolls of all the ramps there...take no time to get up to 4 star driving....

...then SUV wall climbing fun can begin

Comment

One thing which may help in running people over, I dunno - works quite well for me. Go slow. If you just crawl along they don't seem to dodge as effectively.

Of course I don't know how bad it gets with Volk/Shai-Gen swarming your vehicle, but Muertos, certainly, you can creep through whole crowds of them and boost the meter pretty quick.

Comment

I was thinking earlier, this game seems very similar to the incredible hulk game, ultimate destruction.

You could bounce around the city in that, and pick up all manner of objects ( a ball and chain being a highlight)

Anyone agree?

Comment

Damn this game for making me so, so tired at work today

Comment

18 more agility orbs to go.... argh!!!!

anyone got any tips for some really hard bastards? I keep scouring places i've not been to as much as others but still cant find any.

I'm thinking of checking the entire shores for the 3 sections

Comment

Originally posted by cohen205 View Post
                            I was thinking earlier, this game seems very similar to the incredible hulk game, ultimate destruction.

You could bounce around the city in that, and pick up all manner of objects ( a ball and chain being a highlight)

Anyone agree?
                            The bounding around in a big city certainly and perhaps a similar graphical style too, but from a gameplay perpective they aren't really alike at all. I'd consider the hulk to be closer to Devil May Cry than to Crackdown.

Me and Family Fry came up with a novel solution to this, the motorway in los muertos district (that runs parallel to the beach) + ramp truck + LOOOONG runup and SUV

Comment

Originally posted by Boggy View Post
                              18 more agility orbs to go.... argh!!!!

anyone got any tips for some really hard bastards? I keep scouring places i've not been to as much as others but still cant find any.

I'm thinking of checking the entire shores for the 3 sections
                              I've got about 15 to find, try searching all the gang bases, especially the big ones and off shore ones.
                              I'd missed a few on the tall Shai-Gen buildings

Comment

You know for the repo man achievement - does the bad guy have to be in the car when you commendeer it? Or can you take an abandoned car? Anyone know?

Comment

Working...
                                X