Clear All

Gears of War and now Crackdown!

Well done indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
      Gears of War and now Crackdown!

Well done indeed.

Thank you my good man!

If you ever want a hand doing some co-op, gimme a shout fella!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
        I dont believe you can Simmy!
        Definately a technique which allows you to do it, lots of folks online describe driving up the tall Shai-Gen buildings to get the driving high acheivement. I like others on here just fall off once the initial grip runs out.

Comment

Yup, after seeing the YouTube video of the guy going up the Agency Tower in it, you can see he lets the grip run out and manages to press the button again in perfect time to start the grip again, Seems quite tricky though!

Comment

Yeah wathced that after posting !

From what I've read it's more about listening than looking. You can hear the hydrollics whine just before the thing loses grip, and from what I understand as soon as you hear that it off and then back onto the B button. Can't see me having the patient to figure it out though especially with the view that you have to play it through !

Comment

Originally posted by Major Nelson
              Next time your pop your Crackdown disc in (and you are connected to Xbox Live) you’ll get prompted for a title update. According to what I am told, The update ‘addresses several minor technical issues to ensure a smoother online gameplay experience’ and ‘increases the number of ambient gang vehicles that populate Pacific City.’ That last one should held with the ‘Repo Man’ achievement.
              Cool, that repo man one is doing my head in, hopefully I can get it later.

Comment

Can anybody offer any advice on how to do The Alleys of the Den Race please, I'm always around 20+ seconds out of the par time?

Comment

Learn to drive?

Everyone here just says keep practising, get better, it's perfectly doable etc., etc., so I can't really think of anything else to add. Me, I just got fed up with being required to navigate razor-sharp blind turns at maximum speed with no mistakes in vehicles that aren't remotely suited to doing any such thing, so I gave up and never went back. Not worth the hassle IMO. <shrug>

Comment

It's the last race I've got to do and it's definitely the hardest.

Comment

Quick question which i'm sure has already been covered, so apologies. I'm up to 4 stars on all attributes, is there any benefit to be gained from totally maxing out on all attributes?

Comment

Originally posted by Oh_Mutants View Post
                        Quick question which i'm sure has already been covered, so apologies. I'm up to 4 stars on all attributes, is there any benefit to be gained from totally maxing out on all attributes?
                        You get an achievement, no ingame changes though.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh_Mutants View Post
                          Nothing's deducted from the respective skill should you kill any friendlies.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
                            It's the last race I've got to do and it's definitely the hardest.
                            Get an Agency Supercar and throw it over the barriers. Then use one of the cars next to the starting line for the first 6 checkpoints. Get out of the car, run to the agency supercar and go full speed.

Make sure you know the course inside out first though.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
                              Can anybody offer any advice on how to do The Alleys of the Den Race please, I'm always around 20+ seconds out of the par time?
                              I didn't find it too hard, the first time I tried it I was about a minute behind, but every time after that I was only about 5 seconds out.

I used the Supercar, just make sure you swerve right to the right and side of the road so you can get enough speed to make that jump just near the 2nd cheakpoint.

I also placed a ramp truck infront of those barriars that you can't drive though.
                              All the rest was just hap hazardly skidding and going as fast as you can through traffic.
                              I did it today and have now got all 900 points

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                                I didn't find it too hard, the first time I tried it I was about a minute behind, but every time after that I was only about 5 seconds out.

I used the Supercar, just make sure you swerve right to the right and side of the road so you can get enough speed to make that jump just near the 2nd cheakpoint.

I also placed a ramp truck infront of those barriars that you can't drive though.
                                All the rest was just hap hazardly skidding and going as fast as you can through traffic.
                                I did it today and have now got all 900 points
                                Congrats on the 900 points Boris, just me and you so far I think.

Like Boris, I was about a minute out on the Den Race but when I did it I didn`t do anything dodgy to win it, it`s entirely possible to do it without using multiple cars or ramps.

The supercar is the way to go but it seems the barrier is the main problem for most but, if you handbrake turn left and smash the barrier side on with the car, not only will you make contact with the checkpoint, you`ll also be in the ideal position to speed round the corner and duck into the alley.

In the alley sections I found that it wasn`t important to go balls out for speed, just make sure you don`t crash too much and get max speed when in any open areas.

I can do this race using the above method and have 5 seconds to spare.

Comment

Working...
                                X