Crackdown (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
    A workaround has allegedly been posted on the official crackdown forum. I fail to see how this will make us safe.

http://forums.crackdownoncrime.com/f...ead/29363.aspx
    I tried it having taken those steps and my save is fine, so it looks like that solves the problem. It looks like the issue only occurs if you go straight from downloading the patch (the DLC is nothing to do with the bug) to playing online. If you go into single player first and save your game, presumably updating your save to the latest version in the process, you'll then be safe.

If you're still nervous they say that a proper patch will be forthcoming shortly, but like I said that workaround worked for me.
    Last edited by NekoFever; 12-05-2007, 13:57.

Comment

Mine seems ok too though the game just locked up on me about 10 minutes ago

Comment

Confiscator Achievement

I just need two more cars to complete it and have found the others without putting gangs on.

Does anybody know where I can find a Los Muertos Slammed Pickup and Lowrider?

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
          Confiscator Achievement

I just need two more cars to complete it and have found the others without putting gangs on.

Does anybody know where I can find a Los Muertos Slammed Pickup and Lowrider?
          You need gangs enabled for those two.

Comment

Originally posted by NekoFever View Post
            It looks like the issue only occurs if you go straight from downloading the patch (the DLC is nothing to do with the bug) to playing online. If you go into single player first and save your game, presumably updating your save to the latest version in the process, you'll then be safe.
            Risked co-op again this afternoon and now that I've played single player it seems to have worked fine and not wiped it again.

So it does seem after the patch, whatever you do, go and have a quick run around in Los Muertos or something first before you play co-op.

Comment

Sorry to hear about those who've had problems (but love your new motto Spatial). Fortunately for me I had a muck about with the DLC in single player before trying co-op.

Had a 9 to 5 co-op session today using the DLC. Cracking fun. Did all the bosses on psychotic which was a blast.

Spent a bit of time playing Keys To The City. Enemies off, lay down proximity mines all over the square in Shai Gen, extract to Smiley's Cafe, drop countless explosive barrels into square, set off hit squads and commence shooting barrels. Explosion-tastic.

Comment

Damm lost all my progress!! Guess Crackdown gets traded now

Comment

I gotta be honest, no matter how good this game is, if a bug caused me to lose all progress I'd be absolutely FUMING and would only keep it for the Halo 3 beta, then get shot asap... It's not really acceptable in my opinion for this kind of thing to happen.

It wouldn't be so bad but all we're ever told is things are delayed because of testing/certification...imagine just how **** these things must be before they are tested!!

Comment

Having found myself in that position, it's not worth getting upset about (if it's the worst thing to happen to me in this lifetime then I'll count myself very lucky). Yes it's frustrating but tbh I think I've got more out of the DLC thanks to having to level up and orb hunt again. And having spoken to others who'd got all the orbs, they did say they found the DLC a bit empty due to the lack of orb finding.

What does annoy me though is how they've effectively broken the game thanks to introducing so many bugs. Stat wiping aside, I've now seen bugs where enemies phase in and out of existence before your very eyes ( which naturally made Wang's tower on Psychotic a right swine to beat), the same thing with traffic and the fact that now, no matter what I do, the Agency garage doors to Volk and Shai-Gen will not open.

And a bug which randomly froze the 360 and jammed the rumble on the controller so I had to yank the battery out to get it to stop. Plus there seems to be a shed more lag in Co-op.

Nice work Realtime Worlds, you've taken one of the most stable games of 2007 and effectively broken it.
                    Last edited by Spatial; 13-05-2007, 10:16.

Comment

Anyone got any sneaky tips on how to get the stunt ring marker over the Volk ship? I know there's loads of cargo units to zip around until the jump but i'm falling short everytime.

Comment

The street races are fun when you shoot the tires out on the other cars

Comment

Do have one question got all the downloaded packs etc how do you reset the gangs?? cant see an option in the campaign anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Boggy View Post
                            Anyone got any sneaky tips on how to get the stunt ring marker over the Volk ship? I know there's loads of cargo units to zip around until the jump but i'm falling short everytime.
                            I managed to get that one yesterday (last one I needed too ). I did it in the Agency SUV. My driving stats are maxed out. You need to press the B button just as you approach the last ramp and let go right at the end. Then fly through the air crying "yes, yes, yes...oh...bugger". Repeat until you do actually time the B button right.
                            Last edited by Paulos G; 13-05-2007, 10:38. Reason: spling

Comment

heh I tried and tried until the SUV exploded, repeat. It's so far away from the agency it makes it a chore when it does explode. Thanks for confirming how to do it.

Comment

I thought this was pretty clever. A way to jump as high as you want in the new keys to the city mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X