Crackdown (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boggy View Post
    heh I tried and tried until the SUV exploded, repeat. It's so far away from the agency it makes it a chore when it does explode. Thanks for confirming how to do it.
    Hmm I done it first try mate as soon as my SUV was capable of jumping using B button. You definitely doing it right and getting a huge run up to it from the last section of the ramp?

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
      What does annoy me though is how they've effectively broken the game thanks to introducing so many bugs. Stat wiping aside, I've now seen bugs where enemies phase in and out of existence before your very eyes ( which naturally made Wang's tower on Psychotic a right swine to beat), the same thing with traffic and the fact that now, no matter what I do, the Agency garage doors to Volk and Shai-Gen will not open.
      Um. I dunno about out and out broken, seeing as how it hasn't/they haven't happened to everyone and the stats wiping, whilst undeniably very frustrating, can be quite easily circumvented - I did it without even realising. I feel for you, but you're not the only person playing the game.

On the other hand, as I said earlier, I got the phasing bug, too... (playing on co-op. Are the bugs more prevalent on co-op or something?) Wang's tower was indeed a nightmare, to the point where we both just said "ah, screw this" and ran for the top in the time the enemies had faded out. Wang's guards hadn't spawned back in, for some reason, so we just jumped up there and kicked him to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
        Oh my god, oh my god.

I just got the High Flyer (climb the tower) and Base jumper (jump from the tower to the pool of water) achievements.

MOST SATISFYING GAMING MOMENT EVER.

I had a go at climbing it earlier but I wasn't "agile" enough, but just now...it took about 15/20 minutes to do and there were moments where I actually said "No, please let me find a way, I've come this far! PLEASE"...in fact there were several.

But I did it, oh my god the draw distance is monumental. The view...the view.

Then the jump, I knew if I ****ed it up I'd have another 20 minute climb to the top, but I nailed it first time, straight in the water "YES!".

This game is just...wow, it feels perfect, or as perfect as a game like this can. You can't get bored and it's the most addictive title yet! When you feel like a break from killing you can do so many things like Stunt driving, Explode things (the limpet mines are supreme) or just just from rooftop to rooftop finding agility orbs OR having rooftop races (SO cool).
        This is where I am at with the game - Crapdown indeed

Comment

It's actually quite interesting reading my comments from when it first came out. The frustration I feel now is opposite of how I felt then...I've promised myself that I will not buy the DLC intil I've got all 500 orbs. Since the update/free content came out I starting playing again a bit and I found 2 more, leaving me with 2 to find...I'm so ****ing sick of trying to find these 2 orbs...I mean I really have no way of knowing what district they are in...

After the Halo 3 beta has finished I think I'm getting shot of this UNLESS I find those final 2 orbs by chance or by fluke. I feel like I've been over every milimetre of ground in the game three times over, so much so that I keep seeing areas I don't even remember being at in the first place now.

Originally posted by Boggy View Post
          heh I tried and tried until the SUV exploded, repeat. It's so far away from the agency it makes it a chore when it does explode. Thanks for confirming how to do it.
          There's actually an easier way.

CO-OP.

Get 2 SUVs (just in case one blows up) and go and throw them up onto the area on the ship underneath the ring.

Use the big cargo boxes to make a 2 high ramp, get in the car and get your mate to jump onto the cargo boxes and throw you through.

Seriously, co-op = easiest way to get stunt rings...just chuck each other through em.
          Last edited by Jebus; 13-05-2007, 13:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
            Seriously, co-op = easiest way to get stunt rings...just chuck each other through em.
            Yup. I did most of them with a little help from a friend. It's so much friendlier with two.

Comment

Jebus don't deny yourself this content - Best DLC ever without a shadow of a doubt.

Yesterday I must've put a good 6/7 hours into this and loved every second. The street racing is fantastic - I wish they'd somehow managed to make that fully 8-12 player online it'd be such a laugh !

TT'd every boss with Jack on psychotic yesterday - some of it just wasn't fun tbh we just wanted it over with but was nice to finish and bag both the co-op the game and the psych-out achievements.

Awesome/10 DLC !!!

I can't explain it but before I wasn't that bothered about doing anymore - Now I feel compelled to get every achievement there is in that game - and I will

Comment

i know how you feel jebus

after installing the title update and the DLC i thought i pop along and have a look at this new stuff

just walking along the ground in los meurtos and found a group of 4 green orbs IN THE START AREA.

how i missed them i will never know

it still leaves just one to get and that is frustrating to say the least

but it is such a good game only added to with the halo 3 beta and the DLC.

GTA IV has a lot to live up to as do "sandbox" games in general the bar has indeed been raised

Comment

Aye forgot to mention the orbs are SO much better now - Bar some which you end up able to hear but just CANNOT find - There's one at the base of Cowells tower which I can hear in and just outside the elevators door but I'll be goofed if I know where it is ! Must've found about 20 hidden and 1 (but what a sweet one) agility orbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
                    Jebus don't deny yourself this content - Best DLC ever without a shadow of a doubt.
                    When I get those last 2 I'll pay up...my missus will be wanting Solataire on live arcade this week anyway!

I don't think the orbs are any easier to find personally, you have to have your aiming reticule aiming in the right direction for the noise to sound I think.

Comment

boris and myself had a good giggle playing keys to the city last night, in his own highly insane style he suggested we used the harpoon gun to staple people to the tank type effort. cue us driving about looking for fresh meat. at one point we had quite a few bodies attached and then someone threw a grenade at us, cue flaming bodies on the mobile of death.

we abused the barrel spawn and tried to hurl ourselves into orbit off the agency tower for a short while and marvelled at the barrels raining down from the top.

after that we tried to staple my corspe to the suv and managed it. we then assaulted the shai gen tower, boris carrying my lifeless corpse around and flinging it at baddies as a weapon. it took aaaaaaaaaaaaaages to get to the top as he was trying to hurl my body through gaps until he found a staircase. even sat there just watching this all go on was highly entertaining. eventually the top of the tower was reached and the main boss was given some ragdoll corpse action to the face.

"I GOTTA GET THIS GUY TO A HOSPITAL!"

Comment

Just so you know: the "hidden orb glitch" has been addressed. After months looking for it, I've finally stumbled upon the one I was missing: it was in an underground corridor right beneath Central Point building - a place which, of course, I had visited several times before, and which was totally empty until the recent update.

Yoshimax : I wouldn't be surprised if the orb you're looking for is the one I've just found. All you have to do is find the entrance to that corridor. Do not walk into Central Point building, just cross the street bordering the back of the building, and find the entrance to the passageway that goes under that street. There you go!

Comment

Awesome DavidGP reckon you must be right - I'll go check that out right now !

In other news, Alleys of the Den is down and only one race to go

Comment

If you reset the gangs does it lock the Keep garage door areas you haven't been to yet?

Seems my game is totally screwed - garage doors won't work and I've been having some really freaky moment this afternoon. No dossier updates at all until I played co-op this afternoon and then every single time someone died, it updated on every single person I'd killed. Then once they were all done, and the end credits were over, it updated with the Los Muertos gang intro. Can't get the Volk or Shai Gen ones to trigger no matter what I do.

The only possible thing left to try is resetting the gangs, but if these don't reset the garage doors as well then there might not be much point.

Comment

Sounds like you'd have been better off deleting all the data from the HDD rather than playing on with your corrupted (I presume) file.

This disappearing characters thing - I've since that pre-patch I reckon it's a latency issue and has probably been exascerbated by them increasing the persistance of objects in the world whilst in coop.

Comment

Its a bit cheeky innit - there was a chimney with fire coming out the top but after doing the mission it was dead and hiding a cheeky bonus orb >_< Its a bit crappy though the way you have to be engaged in some missions before it updates you on who the target is.

Whats the deal with unlocking the cars at the Agency? I want that Bat Mobile ride!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X