Kororinpa - Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kororinpa - Wii

Got this yesterday after I failed to resist the uber-cute boxart.

Have been playing it this morning and while I still don't really got a hang of the controls (what are you supposed to do with the wii-mote anyway? hold it or balance it in your hand?) I have been enjoying it greatly: fun music (with cool remixes of classic Hudson tunes), cute graphics and fun courses. While one could finish the main game in a day (I'm already at 30% after 2 hours) the extra balls and secret courses add alot to it. 2 player seems fun as well, will try that tonight. Only negative thing about it so far is the widescreen mode; instead of anamorphic they just add black borders, reducing the effective resolution.

Bottomline: nice to see Hudson releasing games on the Wii that normally wouldn't leave Japan. If you like monkeyballs, marbles, cuteness or the balancing minigames of Warioware, check this out.

Been keeping an eye on this, and have Gamestation credit, so might get it after work. The IGN review said it'd be over in 3 hours, which is a real shame, and the widescreen issue is annoying.

That said, the boxart is gorgeous and it's A Good Thing to support these types of games, right?

Comment

got this today, really nice game, feels better than monkey balls tilting. worth a look for sure, + it comes with club nintendo points, you can put it to 4.3 in the options if the boards annoy you thats what ive done

Comment

Originally posted by asterix* View Post

That said, the boxart is gorgeous and it's A Good Thing to support these types of games, right?
        Boxart is gorgeous in a masculine kinda way .

Cute graphics and good tunes makes this worth a try.Dont know about gameplay as the good lady has been hogging the wiimote since the game arrived.Although judging by the laughter/swearing i have heard in the last few hours gameplay would seem spot on.

Comment

Pulled myself away from this to post some impressions.

The game is 100% what Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz should have been. This game ozzes thoughtfullness in both the level design and the camera which is essential to a game of this nature.

As mentioned above the game has you tilting a selection of round objects round a maze. You choose your object/animal/ball etc.. at the start of a round and each one has a different atribute which may help you finish the level.

The idea is to meet the levels quota of orange crystals and get to the exit as quick as you can.

The levels have different objects that can help or hinder your progress.

So far so good ample graphics, great soundtrack, fluid gameplay and best of all no controller issues or camera issues (well in the first 16 levels) make this game a much better alternative to Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz.

However i have a horid feeling that its going to be short and sweet, still a nice filler till Sonic next week.

Comment

Got through the first 20 levels (about half the game) in about 15 minutes...

Er, not so good. Please tell me it gets considerably harder soon.

Comment

Some of the later levels do get harder but not insanely hard.

However its still better than the piece of **** known as monkey ball on the wii.

Theres secret levels to unlock too, the green crystals are the key. To get up the secret levels screen you press either button 1 or 2 (cant remember) on the level select screen for a few seconds & it should appear.

Comment

Originally posted by asterix* View Post
                Got through the first 20 levels (about half the game) in about 15 minutes...

Er, not so good. Please tell me it gets considerably harder soon.
                Go for the gold cups if you want a challenge

Comment

enjoying this but i can see me bombin through it and selling it asap. not really one for beating my own times at marble rollin just to unlock a marble that looks a foot.

Comment

Yep, finished and back to Gamestation. Shame, lots of potential but far too easy.

Comment

The difficulty does increase after level 30.

I think the reason so many are finding this easy is due to the games structure.

The harder levels have continue points, also you don't lose anything for falling off, just back to the start or the checkpoint, you even keep your gem collection in tact.

I have to say this is by far the best use of the Wiimote i have seen so far, i would have loved to have seen a 4 player mode and something extra to keep me coming back.

This game gives me great hope for Mario Party 8 as Hudson seam to know how to use the Wiimote effectively which could result in some great minigames.

Comment

Sorry to double post...

Just wanted to update on how i am doing.

I have now finished the main 1 player mode, however i am only 37% complete which goes to show that the game does have more to offer after the main part is over.

I have now unlocked mirror mode but before i tackle that i am playing for all the gold cups and green gems. The gold cups are very hard to get in some of the later levels and collecting them does add new levels and balls to the game.

Comment

Anyone worked out how to unlock the last 5 levels as the game ends after level 45 but theres 5 more spaces to take it upto 50.

Im guessing winning cups or all the green crystals will unlock it but i have no idea. Im still getting those green crystals so i can unlock the secret levels so far i have gotten 7 out of the 15 secret levels.

Sure people may say this games short but at least its fun & good to replay unlike that piece of **** known as monkey ball.

Sega please take note of hudson on how not to **** up your controls "idiots"

EDIT:

Gotten all the green crystals now but the last 5 levels still havent unlocked. Now i have to see if getting cups will liberate the last 5 levels. Done all the 14 out of the 15 levels but i cant get secret level 15 till i get those last 5 levels unlocked so i can get the last 5 green crystals.

On another note i did unlock the last marble design which made me giggle at what it was.

Now to tackle both the mirror levels & secret mirror levels.
                          Last edited by importaku; 25-02-2007, 17:03.

Comment

You need to get 5 gold cups to get the first bonus level. I am yet to unlock anymore though. I assume it will be when you hit a quota of gold cups you will unlock the next 4.

This game could have 100% done with an online scoreboard for level times, im interested to see how others are doing.
                            Last edited by The Mole; 25-02-2007, 20:07.

Comment

It's all too easy to say Kororinpa is an easy game but to unlock everything and get decent times on each stage will take some doing. The control is so sublime that it's not a chore to keep on trucking on the longer stages and so far the re-start points have been just right.

Perhaps an expert mode where there are limited continues and you have to collect the gems all in one go could have been added for an extra challenge but I think this will get far more play than Monkey Ball has.

After about 3 hours play I have levels 1-45 clear,6 golds and 24 green crystals. Special stage are all clear for the first 7, no more unlocked yet. I've just seen the first unlock of the last 5 stages and man alive does it look big.

I think all I would want from this game (except the obvious of more of the same) would be a speed run mode with no crystals and an online scoreboard for that would have been a great addition.

EDIT:
                              Just noticed my profile screen says 44mins...... 51%...... who knew time flew so quickly.
                              Last edited by kuma; 25-02-2007, 23:39.

Comment

Working...
                              X