Graw2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
    Yeah but its a game and I don't enjoy games that are that hard, there is no difficulty level to it whatsoever, no respawns : ONE hit and you are out for 10 mins watching.
    I love the way the stakes are so high online, I spend the whole time completely ****ting myself at everything - ****ing great it is too

Comment

Fair do's but it's not for everyone, well, it's not for me. It IS quite enjoyable but it's just *too* hard if you know what I mean...not been able to do a single level in co-op yet and what makes it worse is that if we have more than 4/5 people in the room, the connection kicks you out. Is that at least fixed in GRAW2?

Comment

Gonna find out tonight

Comment

The connection issue is more because of the amount of stuff going on than bad netcode. The host needs a huge upload because, as well as sending and receiving the player's actions, the host also needs to transmit the actions of dozens of NPCs to each player. Dedicated servers is the only solution but I wouldn't hold your breath for that.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
            The connection issue is more because of the amount of stuff going on than bad netcode. The host needs a huge upload because, as well as sending and receiving the player's actions, the host also needs to transmit the actions of dozens of NPCs to each player. Dedicated servers is the only solution but I wouldn't hold your breath for that.

Dedicated servers would really have been nice for GRAW2.

When you consider that amount of **** going on, I can understand the bandwidth requirements, so it's sad that ubi didn't host.

That said, it's not the only solution to the problem. ADSL2+ seems to help matters a great deal, and this will be more commonplace amongst the board of the coming months.

The price difference for me (Even if I was paying the bill) was only about 8 quid.

Be interesting to see how people like Spags do on the new line. I think that players also need good solid "Low latency" connections too, so the host can have a great connection, but some players may drop.

It should also be noted that the MP game freezes now and then, not too often, but still a PITA.

Comment

Looks like I am not alone with the SP freezes

20 pages and now Ubi has finally responded

Official http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...3/m/5021011345

20 Pages of complaints

Testing would have been nice Ubi....

Comment

Really enjoying this as I did the first ! Finished the campaign on Elevated Risk within a couple of days of getting it, and I'm just playing back through on quick mission to get the extra SP acheivements now. Iron Man, Bullseye and Team Elite are all sorted just need Predator and the other one now ! 4/5 secondary objectives to finish as well and then the SP game will be complete. Didn't think the campaign was quite as good as the first, although I'm playing late at night at very low volume, so may of missed out on a fair bit of the story.

Not had any probs with freezing so far. Now theirs a first for one of my 360's

Comment

Originally posted by Simmy View Post
                  Not had any probs with freezing so far. Now theirs a first for one of my 360's
                  Woohohooo!

I get MP freezes on Trainyard, (sp?) but no SP anymore, now I have swapped to a new 360.

I must say the SP game is just astonishing. Guarded risk feels perfect, with a healthy challange, and OK so its short, but oooooh so sweet.

I honestly have never seen a better looking game, and I don't say that lightly.

The view distance on the second heli mission is mind boggling, with smoke and dust being blown by the rotablades, and all sorts of explosions kicking off.

Special mention to the music too. When you get your jeep

blown up

the mad elecro horro music is just brilliant.

As a real fan of these games, I will be replaying SP many many times, trying different weapons and tactics, just for the fun of it.

Brilliant. Real 9/10 type of territory, apart from length, they fixed all my gripes with the first one.

Imagine if the devs had the time to roll the 2 games into one, with all the content and polish!

Anyway, GRAW2 is a bloody excellent game.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                    I must say the SP game is just astonishing. Guarded risk feels perfect, with a healthy challange, and OK so its short, but oooooh so sweet.
                    Have to say I found Elevated Risk a bit of a walk in the park, especially compared to even Normal in GRAW1. I'm sure my scores didn't light up the leaderboards, but to beat the game was not that much of a challange IMO ! Certainly nothing on the first embassy section, or the *unfairly* difficult heli rides !

Comment

Im not a fan of the new camo (pixelated to confuse enemies?) or helmet. Also is it me or is the reload animation fooked? He doesnt take out/replace the empty cartridge? GRAW 1 was the same! Bah.

I do genuinely like this game - just felt like a rant.

Comment

Originally posted by Simmy View Post
                        Have to say I found Elevated Risk a bit of a walk in the park, especially compared to even Normal in GRAW1. I'm sure my scores didn't light up the leaderboards, but to beat the game was not that much of a challange IMO ! Certainly nothing on the first embassy section, or the *unfairly* difficult heli rides !

Aye. For me the difficulty in GRAW1 wasn't by design, it was by design error!!

Poorly designed save point placement, unfair AI, glitches and so on.

So I feel that on the hardest setting GRAW2 is a joy to play, and for a careful solider, using all the various tools, you get a real feel of power orchestrating attacks with uber firepower.

Does this present too little of a challange?

I don't think so really. On the hardest setting you get killed pretty quickly if you are out in the open, but the new medic feature keeps you in the fight. I guess it's not far from a halo health system. I would agree it makes it easier, but I feel a harder setting would be more frustrating than satisfying.

But it is easier, so I accept that you would have liked a harder challange.

As long as this was done fairly and not due to poor design, I'd enjoy an uber hard setting too.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                          But it is easier, so I accept that you would have liked a harder challange.
                          Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the experience, I just wouldn't of wanted to play it on the lower dif settings from the start, as going by elevated it would not of presented any challange ! And take it from me I'm no uber gamer lol !

One thing I would change in the next GRAW is the way support is implemented. I understand that even in real life not all support is available all the time, but in GRAW it is extremely caned in that the perfect condition to use a type of support (Two tanks roll in) occurs, and then that type of support remarkably becomes available. I'd rather have a situation where you can request support of any type at any time i.e. I'm pined down and want to clear the path with an F18 strike, and I request one to come in, rather than the option only appearing as part of the story path ! No idea how theywould implement it, as it would need to be limited or controlled in some way, I just find that the game has all the toys atm, but it all feels a bit cheap in the way it's implemented !

Comment

new to the party but late as always

just about to start on day 3

loved the end of day 2, at one point you have your team, tank and a littlebird helicopter in tow

then you go up in the blackhawk just to fight an apache

pure class

Comment

Late to the party also, and oh, look, inside an hour it's pretty much proved what I was saying in the demo thread a while back ; the "Welcome to Juarez" moment put a great big smile on my face. Polygon counts and shaders and whatnot be damned, there is nothing even remotely close to that in Gears of War. Nothing, much as I love Epic's game.

Comment

finished it today - only started it yesterday

felt quicker than GRAW (completed it on guarded risk)

some set pieces were excellent though

using the mini gun in the helicopter and then using an airstrike at the same time to take out some tanks is class

also takin out the EMP and then getting attacked by 2 helicopters was good as well, just didnt expect it, nice of the dead guards to leave a

grenade launcher just lying by some sandbags

good game though

Comment

Working...
                                X