Virtua Tennis 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soi View Post
    In Tournament mode, beat everyone without losing a game (all 5 matches) and you face Duke.

In the same mode if you beat everyone without losing a game, and win in the 5th game by coming back (go 30-0 down, and then take it to Deuce), you face King. I'm not sure of the exact conditions for King, but that is how it happened for me.
    Duke is a total bastard isn't he!!!? Insane. Beat him though!! King too

You gotta love the Tournament completion music, has a ring of 7 or 8 Star difficulty SF2 Turbo finish music...
    Last edited by dc-arena; 29-03-2007, 19:56. Reason: King beaten too..

Comment

Seeing as ive only played the original VT before, I have to say that this is improved beyond leaps and bounds. An excellent play

Comment

Up to 45 in the world tour rankings now. Im finding it so hard to develop my guys bankhand though as that is his major weakpoint. Any tips? Im trying to do some of the stroke exercises on the lower difficulty but you dont get many points.

Some of the mini games are rock on 6 difficullty. Most annoying is the barrel one as it slows down massively as you are playing Training academy on expert is ridiculous as most of the tasks i cant really see how you can get gold unless you get extremely lucky. Or maybe im just **** still!

This is also the game that has crashed the most for me - just did it for the third time in total. Previously id only ever had one or two crashes since i bought the 360 a year ago. Bit odd.

Anyway, still really enjoying it. Im just worried that i will run out of time to get my charcter just how i want him, as there is a 20 yr limit and im 6 and a half in already!

Edit: Oh and for anyone wondering what point your stats max out at - i just hit max at 30 on forehand control
        Last edited by Marmite; 29-03-2007, 21:33.

Comment

Anyone else having trouble playing online? 9 times out of 10 when I join a game I get an error telling me the connection has been lost.

Pretty annoying and doesn't happen in any other Live game.

Comment

NAT open? All Live ports forwarded?

Worth a check.

Comment

No idea, but it works with all other games so it must be set up well enough I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by Marmite View Post
                Up to 45 in the world tour rankings now. Im finding it so hard to develop my guys bankhand though as that is his major weakpoint. Any tips? Im trying to do some of the stroke exercises on the lower difficulty but you dont get many points.

Some of the mini games are rock on 6 difficullty. Most annoying is the barrel one as it slows down massively as you are playing Training academy on expert is ridiculous as most of the tasks i cant really see how you can get gold unless you get extremely lucky. Or maybe im just **** still!
                Lvl 5 barrels is the easiest, it can be done in 10secs and gives decent points.

Edit: Oh and for anyone wondering what point your stats max out at - i just hit max at 30 on forehand control
                I'm up to 35 I think on some of mine so god knows what the real maximum is. The bars turn red then they carry on after a while it seems

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK View Post
                  So has ANYBODY else on here tried ranked doubles yet ?
                  Managed to play quite a few ranked doubles with friends. There are bugs in there though
                  Found if you both press A at the same time that 9 times out of 10 you will get a match together. Sometimes after the searching page it will look as though you are about to join with someone else/ watch a different game but leave it and it should sort itself out after the coin flip.
                  Real shame that they allowed Duke and King online although they are beatable.

250 running shots is surely the 'hammer of dawn' achievement on this one!

Comment

I played one of the greatest games online yesterday. First to four, singles - I lost the first two games, each one going to duece, before changing my tactis which worked a treat. The match then went into a tie break, I went 3-0 down before storming ahead to give me two match points. I just couldn't finish him off but eventually held my nerve to win the tie break 13-12. I almost didn't want the match to end.

Comment

I played some more minigames, and I can now rape rank #204 tournaments within the World Tour. Rank #100 games, however, are nails so its back to the training/minigames for a few months. I am currently rank #98 so things will be tricky for a while.

I am loving the game to bits, but I still find losing a week if you fail a minigame rather unfair and annoying - worse than that is the fact that your stats drop too. Thats just mean!

Fantastic overall though, and the music is still on

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris View Post
                        I'm up to 35 I think on some of mine so god knows what the real maximum is. The bars turn red then they carry on after a while it seems
                        Crikey, didnt realise that.

Im using the level 5 alien attack and just hammering my backhand at the moment to get that bad boy working. Seems to be having the desired effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakers View Post
                          250 running shots is surely the 'hammer of dawn' achievement on this one!
                          250 drop shots and 250 Lob Points shuold also be rather interesting!

Anyone got the 5 max serves in a row yet? My serving has improved drastically, but i have still only managed 3 in a row.

Comment

Anyone got the 5 max serves in a row yet? My serving has improved drastically, but i have still only managed 3 in a row.
                            I've managed 4 in a row twice now :/

Beat King last night - still not gotten the better of Duke yet though...

Comment

I've got the 5 max serves in a row. Seems a lot tougher to hit max than on VT2 but haven't played that in a while.
                              Had a look at my stats and I've hit over 400 lob shots but only won 44 lob points!

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                                Anyone else having trouble playing online? 9 times out of 10 when I join a game I get an error telling me the connection has been lost.

Pretty annoying and doesn't happen in any other Live game.
                                We do some funky stuff with Live, so it might be a little more demanding than other games.

Check you've got Ports 88 and 3074 clear, that should sort the majority of connection problems out.

---
                                S0L
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X