No announcement yet.

Tmnt - 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well to be honest i dont see how Its doing him any harm!

he laughs when playing the games

he doesnt have nightmares

Comment

Originally posted by neverevertrevor View Post

One day he`ll go beserk in B&Q with a chainsaw cos he thinks he`s Marcus Fenix!

Comment

who's that jebus or my mikey?

Comment

Originally posted by neverevertrevor View Post

As I said, it's not my business, I just think it's wrong, there is no way a four year old child's mind could understand what he is seeing.

He's four, there is no way you could know what damage it is or isn't doing to him. That he's laughing at what he's seeing in Gears of war and Crackdown says it all.

Another issue would be the live aspect, I presume you don't let him loose on live? I can't tell how furious it makes me when playing a Gears match to have a 10 year old join (let alone a four year old!!!), the game is an 18 for a reason.

Anyway, apologies for derailing the thread, I'll say no more on the matter. He's your child, not mine and therefore it's up to you what you do or don't let him do. No offence intended, I was just extremely shocked/suprised to read your comments on that subject.
          Last edited by Jebus; 27-03-2007, 16:27.

Comment

yeah he does play gears live, we play on split screen now and again, he is as good as a lot of other players, gets a fair amount of kills, however he aint allowed to chat live cause that would just upset people, you know it is an 18 game but at the end of the day on a player match it is just a bit of fun.

and I quite enjoy seeing him smash up idiots that think they are good at the game. (namely rossco sanchez)

Comment

Back on topic please - this thread is for First Hand impressions of TMNT not debate on the whys and wherefores of parenting.

Comment

no bother spatial101

yeah like i was saying before TMNT is CRAP unless you want a 1000 points easy
                Last edited by neverevertrevor; 27-03-2007, 18:02.

Comment

Quite ironic timing really, the new game is dead easy and comes out just after the (hard as nails) arcade title!

Comment

i don't agree with it being bad. it is certainly average but that word represents a road between Good Town and Sucksville.

i will happily travel down Route Average for my precious points.

in fact, i did point grinding on open season (until it killed my console and i have been too terrified to go back to it) and am currently plugging away at cars and this has been the most enjoyable grind. cars is like pulling teeth though i have yet to play eragon. the demo stills hurts to think about.

people shouldn't be put off by neverevertrevor's child, clearly he has good taste in games but his childhood was not a number of years ago and thus he hasn't experienced a life modelled on the lessons learnt from mutant turtles that are also ninjas. i think i enjoyed it more than i should have done because the turtles are largely responsible for who i am today. i have yet to decide if parents are happy with that.

for the question about casey, neither he nor april (sweet, sweet april) are mentioned in the game despite it using movie cut scenes. which is a shame because april is voiced by sarah michelle gellar and hearing her voice reminds me of all the things i'd like to do to her.

Comment

After playing through 5hrs 20mins of mediocre button-bashing I have my 1000G.

JumpJumpJumpJumpJump - Double-Jump - JumpJumpJumpJumpJump - Wall-Jump - JumpJumpJumpJump - Tricky Long-Jump - JumpJumpJumpJump - Fight (B,B,B,B,B,B,B) - JumpJumpJumpJump - Use Special Ability - JumpJumpJumpJump - Another fight - JumpJumpJumpJumpJump - Boss/End of level.

Repeat x 16

Even more repetitive than the Arcade game and probably the easiest game I've ever played. Final boss is a bit tricky untill you work out what to do, otherwise hardly any gamesplaying skill is required at all - 4 of the achievements are just for pushing a button when prompted FFS!

That said, it has something of a Turtles vibe because of the voices etc and was reasonable entertainment while it lasted.

Comment

Got this today at work so gonna have a bash at it over the Bank Holiday Weekend (along with the new Lost Planet Maps ). Wasn't really bothered, but the Turtle fan in me is starting to get a little excited now >_< Probably go check the movie as well, I hear Raphael has a wicked suit in it - is that in the game?

Comment

Is that the NightStalker suit/costume ? if so yes it's in the game, sorry, Turtles n00b me.

Game wasn't that bad, last boss was a sod until I figured out what to do, the frequent use of "Here's Johnny" kept me entertained

PS. McDonalds are doing plastic TMNT figures with kids meals for those of you both into Turtles and unhealthy food

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                            PS. McDonalds are doing plastic TMNT figures with kids meals for those of you both into Turtles and unhealthy food
                            Tick and Tick

Comment

I just gave this a spin yesterday. It's not bad but not amazing. As well as having shadows of prince of persia, some bits reminded me on a 'My first ninja gaiden'! It is very easy (on last boss after about 4/5 hours last night), but some of it is actually quite entertaining. Special hate though for the camera angles. A lot of frustration comes from not seeing the platform you are meant to be jumping to properly.

Comment

Have to say, I'm just past the halfway point on this, having paid &#163;10 for it on this very forum, and for &#163;10 I'm finding it a very enjoyable thrash. It's pretty "retro" in gameplay, jumping over the traps and the like, just mashing buttons for combat, and then some pretty fun platforming elements.

Nice game, crammed with easy points well worth a rent, though certainly not &#163;30-&#163;40, should be able to offload mine for not too much less than I paid though.

Comment

Working...
                                X