No announcement yet.

Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that sounds kinda crap. Ont' plus side, I'm guessing you can just ignore it and play regular co-op, right?

Yoshimax: In regards to getting Rock the 80's, I say go for it. I'm of the persuasion that any Guitar Hero is good Guitar Hero, regardless of whether they churned it out or not....at least it's better than a GH'less void. There's a handful of belters to play through, and even those from the cockier side of rock raised a chuckle. It IS a bit much at 30 quids though, maybe wait for a price drop if you're unsure...

Comment

FLP you were completely right. That sounds lame and unneccesary. I feel GH should be about personal achievment and betterment not Mario Kart style trickery and n00bery.

Comment

I finally got to play this today. The first set of songs is awful...repetitive, incredibly easy, and boring. So a quick check on Gamefaqs gives me the code to unlock all songs. I played the three songs I wanted to hear (Ballroom Blitz, Wrathchild, and Police Truck) and turned it off. Those three songs are brilliant but every other song I played was rubbish. I'm so disappointed with this game. I'm glad I didn't follow through with my original plan (to buy this game and GH for the guitar) because I would have been kicking myself

Police Truck was really good fun though. It was easy enough for me to finish on my first attempt, but I enjoyed it

Comment

I could easily nip down the shops and trade in darkness for this for next to nowt..................... I have Gerry's PS2 guitar sitting here.

Ach f00k it - it's ON bitches.

Why haven't we got a highscore thread yet ? I'll need SOME motivation.

Comment

I'm suprised you'd be able to go back to a PS2 version Yosh, without the leaderboards etc...

Comment

I just need to quench my thirst for new tunes to play - it's that simple.

Important question - does this and the others work on PS3 yet ? i.e do the guitars work ?

Comment

I don't think so, or I'd have bought GHI and 80s by now...

Comment

This would work surely Jebus?

Comment

There's been some problem with the way the guitar is wired or something (not sure exactly) but unless its changed recently they dont work properly on the PS3 with an adapter.

Comment

Either I'm getting better or RT80s is easier (probably the latter from what's been told)... completed medium, every song first attempt got 5 stars. Didn't do that in either of the first two games. Guess I'll see what hard is like (got stuck about halfway through both before).
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Myth View Post
                        There's been some problem with the way the guitar is wired or something (not sure exactly) but unless its changed recently they dont work properly on the PS3 with an adapter.
                        I think it is because the Game knows if it is a guitar or a controller, redoctane put some kind of chip in it so 3rd party guitars won't be recognised by the game. This probably confused the Ps3

Comment

I thought that the guitar didn't work on PS3 because when you boot a PS2 game on a PS3 it asks you to push the PS button, there isn't a PS button on the guitar, so that'd be why?

Not sure why it wouldn't work if you plugged it into port 2 or something though and hit the PS button on controller 1...

Comment

I remember this link being on here last year, I don't know if the situation has gotten any better: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/745/745329p1.html

When you pop in a PS2 or PSone game, you're prompted to tap the PlayStation button on the controller.

You also can't quick-swap from one controller to another as the second part of the problem lies in that you need to turn on analog control, but again, the SG guitar doesn't have an on/off button for analog play.

Comment

Working...
                            X