No announcement yet.

Taiko no Tatsujin DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think some of it was the switch from sticks to buttons, which made Hard initially seem more difficult then it turned out to be once I was used to the buttons.

I haven't dare even try Oni mode yet, but from what I've seen of it in videos it seems that the rhythms are just so intense that it takes the joy away from playing. When I'm playing something that has almost nothing in common with the background music it starts to just become more of a reaction game rather than a rhythm game.

Comment

I've got away using the stylus so far, sticks I imagine, will be required for Oni/Hard.

Comment

How does the dojo thing work? I read that you get a new challenge each day, I but I just seem to be getting the same one over and over.

Comment

I've had two choices every time I select a challenge. If you complete one of them, go back and do the other choice as well and then you get the pass. At least thats what seems to be happening when I've been in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Couk View Post
            How does the dojo thing work? I read that you get a new challenge each day, I but I just seem to be getting the same one over and over.
            One other thing to mention is that when you select a challenge you are presented with two choices: the one on the right (the blue button) is the choice to practise the song for the challenge; the one on the left (the red button) is the "performance" choice. You can only complete the challenges if you clear the "performance" parts of the challenge, but you are free to practise the tunes as many times as you like.

Comment

That would make more sense than my idea!

Comment

Ahhh, that makes sense. I just assumed the left hand button was to cancel.

Comment

Okami mask and tutu now.

You get the third medal at 100 crowns/passes.

I have been playing through the dojo tonight. (cheating by changing the date after passing a song) It seem that you only have to get to the end of a song to progress which is good for me as I've just got the oni tracks to do.

Just two songs to unlock now. Hopefully I'll be able to unlock them without having to pass all of the oni tracks which I'll never do.

Comment

These are back in the shops now, for anyone interested.

However, they haven't back dated the club nintendo points - usually you get 20 points and another 20 bonus points for full price new releases. Not with this one.

Comment

Finally got it, in the restock and loving it so far, it still comes with the mini drumsticks btw. I'm usually pretty rubbish at rhythm games but this must be a bit easier than most as I'm doing quite well.

Anyone know what the red and blue buttons mean in Dojo mode?

Comment

Blue is practice and red is performance.

Arada392 has a full description a few post ^^^^^.

Comment

Wooo finally got the rainbow trophy, i can now officially shelve this in anticipation of the next game.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            Wooo finally got the rainbow trophy, i can now officially shelve this in anticipation of the next game.
                            Rainbow trophy for completing all the dojo songs?

Comment

Rainbow trophy is for getting crowns on every song on every difficulty.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                                Rainbow trophy is for getting crowns on every song on every difficulty.
                                wow, I just gave up on the oni songs. /me bows.

Comment

Working...
                                X