No announcement yet.

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there Freelance police, Welcome! Well I for one am most pleased with it. It does what you expect and it does it with flair. It's faily easy to control but offers enough difficulty and depth. Now if I could get my girlfriend to play it some more I could REALLY enjoy the multiplayer... but no, she wants to play Resi zero....

I guess I can;t complain but I do anyway

Comment

This game is so addictive, just like the N64 version.

So far I have managed to unlock all the extra characters and star all the standard ones. Unlock all the courses, tournament greens for the 2nd course. Done the birdie challenge to unlock one on one putt.

I am now working on the badges on the normal tournaments and have gotten all on the first course.

I have to say that I am really enjoying playing this game and can't wait for mario Golf on the GBA now to see what else can be unlocked.

Comment

I can't wait thanks for the mini review. Hopefully my girlfriend will like it too. I should get it on tuesday, anyone know when it's coming out in Uk i want to be able to show it off

Comment

Now then, sorry to hijack the thread but I'll justify it by quickly saying that I think Toadstool tour is very nice thankyou.

But to my question... does anyone else get save game corrupt memory card errors at the end of a tournament? I get them on every one but can save no problem if I start another round and save mid-game... weirdnesses.

Comment

But to my question... does anyone else get save game corrupt memory card errors at the end of a tournament? I get them on every one but can save no problem if I start another round and save mid-game... weirdnesses.
            Holy, that sounds bad

Haven't had that at all. Are you using a third party mem card? I know in Phantasy Star Online that caused a lot of corruptions, might be a similar situation...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF
              So far I have managed to unlock all the extra characters and star all the standard ones. Unlock all the courses, tournament greens for the 2nd course. Done the birdie challenge to unlock one on one putt.

I am now working on the badges on the normal tournaments and have gotten all on the first course.
              I think i've unlocked nearly everything. Just got to win the final 2 tournaments on the Star tour.

What do you unlock (if anything) when you complete the full set of badges?

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelon
                Holy, that sounds bad

Haven't had that at all. Are you using a third party mem card? I know in Phantasy Star Online that caused a lot of corruptions, might be a similar situation...
                Yeah unfortunately I am... but never had a problem before. Might try to rejig memory cards to get an official one for the US saves. Ta.
                -edit- that fixed it, cheers.

Comment

Now that I've finally got my copy... time to resurrect the thread

Btw what precisely do "control", "impact" and "spin" affect? Now obviously I bet spin is how much the character can bend the ball, but the other two? How big the impact zone is on the bar in general? How wayward the shots tend to be? Just curious as in MG64, it was just direction and trajectory...
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Btw what precisely do "control", "impact" and "spin" affect?
                    I?m pretty sure what control is. It is about how big your sweet spot (just had to give life again to an 80ies Tennis magazine expression ) is. So it influences the width of the area where you do the third button press (marked by brackets). With some stronger characters it?s pretty small and only a little missing the mark will lead to disastrous fades/draws or even to a miss. (I really hope that explanation was understandable, I?m not so sure myself)

Impact must have to do something with landing the ball as you assumed. Although the grid does not change depending on the player. I could imagine that shots of players with better impact ratings will stop closer to the landing point than those of players with poor ratings. Not sure about that though.

Doing a review, are you?

Comment

Not certain, i think:

spin - how well the character can spin the ball (topspin or backspin.)

control - as AngryBonk as already said. A characters "sweet spot." The higher the number the larger the "sweet spot."

impact - i think this is something to do with shot shape. How well a character can fade or draw (or hit high or low) the ball on purpose.

Comment

Sounds about right for "spin"... I noticed Yoshi can do stuff more than Peach in that area, and he's got a larger spin rating. I was thinking control would be the sweet spot area size, and impact the overall zone where you wouldn't mis**** the shot. But we'll see as I try out different characters.

As a veteran of the N64 version, I've already won the first 3 tournaments and first 4 challenges in the first night

Four mystery characters... Bowser, Wario, the Boo and... who else?
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                          As a veteran of the N64 version, I've already won the first 3 tournaments and first 4 challenges in the first night
                          Wait till you get to the Princess Peach and Bowser tournaments

Originally posted by Mayhem
                          Four mystery characters... Bowser, Wario, the Boo and... who else?
                          I've unlocked Boo.

I think Petey Pirhana, Bowser Jr and Shadow Mario are in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
                            I think Petey Pirhana, Bowser Jr and Shadow Mario are in there.
                            Yeah, they are all there. Unlocked them a couple of weeks ago. To get them you have to:

Petey - Complete the Expert Practice Mode.

Shadow Mario - Complete the Ring Attack.

Bowser Jr. - Complete the 18 Hole Birdie Challenge.

Comment

Where is, expert practice mode?

Comment

Originally posted by Che Musashi
                                Where is, expert practice mode?
                                Go to "Side Games"

To unlock Petey you have to:

Complete the 3 Shot Practice Modes - Tee Shot, Second Shot, Trouble Shot

Complete the 3 Approach Practice Modes - Novice, Intermediate, Expert

Complete the 3 Putting Practice Modes - Novice, Intermediate, Expert

Comment

Working...
                                X