Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I'll give it a go.

Comment

Anyone else discovered the "hidden" super topspin and backspin?

You know you have to "double tap" a button at the end to get topspin or backspin? Well if the second button tap here is the opposite to the first one you get a super version of whatever the first button tap represents.

ie. pressing AB gives you super topspin and BA gives you super backspin.

Needless to say I was a little surprised to find this, but pleasently rewarded as sometimes you do need to use this feature

Sheeet a brick on Princess' course, I won the tournament first attempt but only on a score of -5. Not many badges won there! Looks like Bowser's one should be fun

How many holes in one have people gotten so far? I've already done 3 but sadly only one was in a tournament (the other two were in challenges) so that was recorded...
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Only 1 hole in one so far, but i have done everything now bar he one on one putt game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem

You know you have to "double tap" a button at the end to get topspin or backspin? Well if the second button tap here is the opposite to the first one you get a super version of whatever the first button tap represents.

ie. pressing AB gives you super topspin and BA gives you super backspin.

Needless to say I was a little surprised to find this, but pleasently rewarded as sometimes you do need to use this feature

I bet you read about that further back in the thread, huh?

Comment

On the character selection screen, what exactly does that coloured arrow (Curvy on some, straight on others mean)? Does a curvy line mean they're good at going around trees etc... or does it just mean that they have trouble hitting the ball straight?

Comment

Yes It's that character's normal style, like that's how they normally hit the ball - the simulation line reflects the line on the select screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                I bet you read about that further back in the thread, huh?
                Actually not... I hardly read through the thread before getting the game, and I did a search and couldn't find the words within this topic. Hence I thought it hadn't been mentioned. Guess I will go have a look now

Beat Bowser's tournament first time also, on a -6 score though that was helped by two approach shot eagles and a hole in one. Beaten the first two cups on Star now also, and gotten all but one start character on star ranking. Just need to go through some of the other bits to unlock the 3 hidden characters...

Comment

Got this, and am looking forward to some genuine Nintendo multiplayer fun.

Comment

you mean the one explained fully to you in the tutorial?

hidden my buns.

Comment

Class game this. Spet many an hour trying to unlock every character. Done it eventually.

Comment

Has anyone found if you get anything for obtaining all 108 best badges on both tours? I've got all 108 on normal, now working my way through Star instead...

You get Shadow Mario from completing ring mode right?

Comment

Don't think you get anything

You do get Shadow Mario for doing ring shot mind. Which is no easy task.

Comment

Has the japanese version of this got the option to change from japanese to english, like smash brothers.. being a Hal game i thought it might.

would rather buy the .jp one if this is the case.

Gluecifer

Comment

Erm Mario Golf is Camelot not HAL...

Comment

I'm enjoying this far more than I thought I would.

I find the game works on two levels, it can be very relaxing and a good way to unwind when playing solo but can also become very competitive and quite stressful in multiplayer.

Last night for instance, a couple of friends and I had a few drinks/smokes and were playing an 18 hole 'Skins Match' where if two or more players earn the same score, the point for that hole carries over to the next hole.

Anyway, to make matters more interesting we decided to each put 20 pence down on each hole. Things got very tense when, after a couple of us drew six holes in a row, the next hole was worth ?3.60 and everyone was using the in-game 'heckling' feature. It's surprising how effective it is at distracting your concentration, I know I miss-hit many shots because of it.

At the end of the night I was a couple of quid out of pocket but haven't had that much fun playing a videogame for a long time. Pure Nintendo magic.

Comment

Working...
                                X