No announcement yet.

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh, dont know what made me think it was a Hal game.
    oh well

Gluecifer

Comment

Just got this today, only played 1 player tournament and some of the tutorial so far.

I think its great! Really impressed with the graphics and sound and the camera angles shown during the game. Only thing I would say is that its a bit easy so far to wina tournament it seems (I finished 5 over on my first tournament yet came second - CPU seemed to be playing bad to give me a chance!).

Looking forward to more of this though.

Comment

It gets very hard, the last 2 courses are fantastic and a huge challenge.

Comment

Does the difficulty depend on the course?

I just beat the Lakitu Cup as Wario and did so on level par. The nearest was on 5 over again so I guess it was a coincidence I got second on my first go. Hopefully they don't ALWAYS end on 5 over though. Bit "robotic".

Great game though. Didn't touch the course I unlocked, checked a bit of Coin Challenge which seems ok.

This game has so many modes.

I'm loving it!

Comment

Yes the later courses will present much more of a challenge. You'll find yourself getting scores of +10 on some of them, especially the last one.

As you unlock the star players things get tougher. The Star tournaments you open up offer a meatier challenge but your game will have improved a lot by then as well. There is a huge amount of stuff to do besides these, I really enjoyed the ring mode myself, some very tricky ones in there that drove me nuts for hours. I was stuck trying to do one hole for well over an hour, I just wouldn't leave the game until I had finished it.

Comment

Well I got 6 over on my first round of Cheep Cheep Tournament and the winner was on 3 over. Still got second place though! So I can see it gets tougher.

I think this game is great so far. Can't fault it at all and I haven't even played the multiplayer.

I did some Ring Mode last night too. Pretty tough! Do you have to complete all 7 challenges in one sitting or do the stars save up?

If anyone is interested I started up a Speed Golf challenge over in the challenge forum.

Comment

The ring attack mode can be finished with any character and the stars do add up. If you use a different character you won't be able to see the stars you already have though

Comment

Just to bump up an old thread...Mario Golf is now out on PAL! Quality release schedule by Nintendo Europe, as always PAL owners do get an extra course or two, though.

My Brother bought it last week and I had a 'few' hours of playing over the weekend. It's good fun, but I don't think it is better than Tiger Woods. Multiplayer is top quality though, it gets so tense when heading towards the final few courses and the scores are all pretty much the same.

Great presentation too, love the character animations after finishing a hole.

I think we unlocked four courses, up to the water one, which was quite tough (especialy towards the end).

Good stuff, not sure if I'll buy it myself though...

Comment

Its not bad for ?30 though, had to laugh at the GBA linkup as the GBA version is not out until December !

Comment

PAL owners do get an extra course or two, though.
                      Is this for real? How many are there in total?

Comment

Is this for real? How many are there in total?
                        Taken from Gamefaqs.

K-Zone Cup (Lakitu Valley)
                        Nintendo Australia Open (Blooper Bay)
                        Nintendo Official Magazine (UK) Competition
                        TV Hits Tour (Shifting Sands)

You have to enter codes to unlock them.

Comment

Is their one for the GBA version? I just got that today from VG+.

Comment

Yes:

For Mario Golf: Advance Tour on the Game Boy Advance, GameFAQs has 10 guides and walkthroughs, 26 cheat codes and secrets, 24 reviews, 7 save games, and 51 user screenshots.

I was looking at the game this morning but will wait until the game I currently have on order arrives before ordering it (I already have the American Toadstool Tour anyway).

Comment

No i meant a thread on NTSC-UK. I was too lazy to search myself :P

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X