No announcement yet.

Halo 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok then... back to talk about Halo 1's weapon balancing.

Comment

I liked it malc.

Your still my friend.

Comment

^ Well at least someone appreciated my effort

Comment

The lock on function is actually still there on the rocket launcher... The Chief just chooses not to use it in Halo 3 because he is ****en crackers and likes the challenge.

Comment

Hmm, the pistol debate. It's a bit like 'how come the Jedi forgot how to do the Force punch and how come the ships were flashier in the old days?'

I loved the pistol and some of the weapons from the 2nd but the guns in 3 just don't seem so much fun. Perhaps Black has spoiled us when it comes to human weapons?

And if Bungie have altered the weapons to suit multiplayer surely they could have made them handle differently in singleplayer? Would it have really taken that much time and effort?

It's funny really but as a singleplaying gamer I feel that Halo has cold shouldered me. I now feel as though I'm in the minority. Perhaps it's an age thing. Maybe I just don't 'get' the whole online thing

Comment

Hee, those comments

"Is master chief a paki?" and "His nose is bigger than my brother's dick!".

No offence intended to any Asian chaps out there. Or those with cock-noses. Actually reminds of this time myself and my wife went into Hustler in Birmingham and saw this gas mask that, instead of a nose part, had a HUGE black rubber dildo. I mean it was HUGE! About 30" long and very flexible. Anyway I told my mate I was gonna buy it for him and he said it'd be great for fancy dress parties as when he was asked what he'd come as he'd of been able to say.... "F u c k Nose!".

Made me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by iloveannie View Post
                And if Bungie have altered the weapons to suit multiplayer surely they could have made them handle differently in singleplayer? Would it have really taken that much time and effort?
                well, that's in fact the whole point. it's hard to ignore the fact that most of Bungie's work and effort again went into the MP of Halo 3. why else has the campaign so many flaws, old and new ones, even if most of them don't subtract much from the experience?

Originally posted by iloveannie View Post
                It's funny really but as a singleplaying gamer I feel that Halo has cold shouldered me. I now feel as though I'm in the minority. Perhaps it's an age thing. Maybe I just don't 'get' the whole online thing
                as presumably one of the oldest gamers around here, i can say it's not an age thing per se. i love my R6 Vegas or Ghost Recon sorties with my friends. online co-op gaming can be a highly enjoyable experience! i am just not much into competitive gaming anymore. it's too stressful and ultimately boring for me now. maybe this is due to my long history as a gamer.

also, do you really have to get into online games? if you have fun playing offline and don't miss anything, then, i guess, your gaming life is well.

Comment

The ol' "Information could not be retrieved from the Halo3 server." chestnut.

Comment

You can get multiple people online on Halo 3 on one console/telly can't you?

If so someone please tell me how!

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
                      You can get multiple people online on Halo 3 on one console/telly can't you?

If so someone please tell me how!

Get them all to sign in (guest probably) on each pad and go to matchmaking or whatever, it has a fit if someones using a silver account to save their armour setup though.

Comment

Woah!
                        I Sent my Collectors edition disc to Microsoft as it turned up scratched, it was the one with the extras on it like the warthog grenade game and that, they sent back Halo 3 game disc instead! With 1 month xbox live gold!
                        Haha! Now I have 2 copies of Halo 3

Comment

Just grav lifted out of combat with a hammer brute. That was pretty cool.

Comment

Completed campaign on normal, then heroic last night.

Just started Legendary and I'm on level 2.
                            Level one was piss.

Comment

Looking foward to finishing the campaign on the hardest setting and getting stuck into Sega Rally Revo.

Comment

Finally put the campaign to bed on heroic last night, after finally getting a bit diciplined and dragging myself off multiplayer for a couple of night.

Really enjoyed the whole thing, and I'd probably be in the best campaign of the 3 games camp, but I do feel it lost it towards the end, and found both of the last missions a little dissapointing. 1/3/4/5/6/7 were all superb though, and more than made up for this, and I can't now wait to cut my teeth at a bit of coop legendary.

Have to say that this also has my favourite weapon set. I'd struggle with CE's weapon set now, as I just like the more tactical style of play which can be achieved with guns like the BR.

How do folks get this cog image on their name cards in game btw ?

Comment

Working...
                                X