Halo 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anephric View Post
    This has always happened, though. Happened with Halo 2.
    Never as much as this and I played over 3500 games of Halo 2. Besides, In Halo 2 you would rank up so quickly from facing against the Higher level people that it was difficult to for it to happen for very long. In Halo 3 you don't get a bonus for beating someone of a much higher rank. So you'll remain lower even if you are waltzing over people 30 levels higher than you.
    I seem to recall lots of people being tossers from all the 1 month trials, but not as many people just starting again so they can beat people who aren't as good as them.

Just played 10 or so double team matches, almost every one of these games had a level 40 player and a low level player (which for a start shouldn't be matched up with a 40 and a 30) and the low level player was always a new, you could see as they hadn't played any campaign and they had never played any other games on 360.
    Last edited by EvilBoris; 02-12-2007, 00:29.

Comment

Not sure if this is the best place for my query but....

how the hell do you play co-op campaign?

Either a) join someone else's game of b) set one up.

I've tried setting one up & waiting for players to join but it doesn't seem to work - nothing happens - am I just a complete moron (if so sorry for the really dumb question).

It may be I'm too used to the R6V lobby.....

Comment

I think you may have to change it from 'friends only'?

Might help

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
          Not sure if this is the best place for my query but....

how the hell do you play co-op campaign?

Either a) join someone else's game of b) set one up.

I've tried setting one up & waiting for players to join but it doesn't seem to work - nothing happens - am I just a complete moron (if so sorry for the really dumb question).

It may be I'm too used to the R6V lobby.....
          Originally posted by Pookmunki View Post
          I think you may have to change it from 'friends only'?

Might help
          Halo 3's lobbies are not public like R6 and Gears, so irrespective of the lobby's status, only people on your friends list or recent players can join or be invited.

In terms of multiplayer I would play R6 and Gears more if they had a matchmaking system. It gets rid of most achievement fixing and people being booted from lobbies for whatever lame reason.

Comment

Some bright spark has worked out how to capture your Halo 3 pwnage and play it on your PC without the use of a capture card or cam.

Check it out...

Originally posted by: x Ph4NToM v2

*BEFORE READING THIS POST, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THE SECOND OPTION IS BETTER. THE METHODS WERE BROUGHT UP BY OTHERS ON THE SITE AND I HAVE THEM POSTED. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE DISSAPOINTED BECAUSE OF THE NOT-SO-GOOD QUALITY OF HYPERCAM, PLEASE USE OPTION 2!!!!*

Go to http://www.geevee.com and create an account. Then click on the upload beta thing ( the one with the ''beta'' written on it, its at the top of the screen you cant miss it)THE VID NEEDS TO BE IN UR FILE SHARE!

Fill all that out, and when your video gets uploaded, get Hypercam.

How? Easy.. http://www.Hypercam.com That should send you there but if not then try google it will def. work that way.

Then--
            1- Start up GeeVee.com, and find your video.

2- Start up hypercam, and select the region of what you want to capture( its not hard to figure out ) and that region should be the video on geevee.

When youre done, stop recording and it will probably be stored in your windows media files somewhere. It wont be hard to find trust me.

Anyway, theres the whole explanation AND its in good quality.

Oh and while your at it, check out my video.
            http://www.geevee.com/index.php?p=viewvideo&v=8932 woohoo sniping!

EDIT2: EVERTHING IS FREE, NONE OF THESE ( HYPERCAM/GEEVEE ) COST ANYTHING.

EDIT3: POST YOUR OWN METHODS HERE AS WELL ; YOU MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING BETTER.

MESSAGES ARE ACCEPTED IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO MAKE A POST TO THE THREAD.

EDIT4: KEEP IN MIND THAT GEEVEE GRAB IS ONLY IN ITS BETA STAGE, IT WILL GET BETTER OVER TIME

EDIT5: THIS IS OPTION 2- IT DOESNT USE HYPERCAM, AND THE QUALITY IS GREAT. PLUS IT IS ALOT EASIER TO USE.

THANK YOU TO THE PEOPLE WHO POSTED THESE THING, I GIVE CREDIT TO THEM.

Anyway, now on with the second way.

Step one-

Posted by: Im an Enigma
            Instead of using hypercam, you can use the following method to download and convert the file off the site for higher quality.

THE VID NEEDS TO BE IN YOUR FILE SHARE!

Go to http://www.geevee.com and create an account. Then click on the upload beta grab tool ( the one with the ''beta'' written on it, its at the top of the screen you cant miss it.

Now find the link of your movie - it'll look somthing like http://www.geevee.com/index.php?p=viewvideo&v=12345. The important part is the 12345.

Go to http://www.geevee.com/video/45/12345.flv replacing the 45 with the last two digits, and the other part with the full number. It should ask you if you want to download the file. Say yes and download it to your computer.

Step two- http://media-convert.com/convert/ Go there (thanks CarnageXB) and use the browse to find your video. Once you've got it, scroll down on the page. Select an output format ( some that ive heard that have been good are wmv and mpeg ) and check the box on the terms of use or w/e.
            Hit OK and wait for it to download and there you have it, your video , in better quality.

*Another thanks to the people who have helped out and put their own information in here*

IF I LEFT ANYTHING OUT, OR IF THIS DOESNT WORK ( it did for me so I dont see any reason why it shouldnt ) TELL ME!

Comment

Cool stuff, but I don't fancy re-watching videos of me getting my arse handed to me.

Comment

lol

Comment

Nice tool, looks like we can have a screen shot and vids thread now !

Seems to be on very limited release atm though, went up yesterday for a short time and back down again today !

Comment

It's some kind of partially automated system, but it will still need people sitting there with capture cards doing it.

Comment

Can you do Superjumps and weapon combos etc in Halo 3 online?

Is there as much or any of this stuff going on online as in Halo 2?
                      Last edited by Pilotwings; 15-12-2007, 18:33.

Comment

If you mean the dirty cheating kind? Then no, there is very little goin on in Halo 3, instead their are sniper freaks who can kill you in a blink.

Last time I tried Halo 2 in matchmaking the cheating was rife

Comment

Yeah I agree it stank.

I'm surpised though I thought it would still be.

Comment

I think they will be able to keep the cheating/exploting under control in Halo 3, I think they have enough measures in place this time to sort out problems.

They can easily block off little "off the map" areas without even issuing an update and since the last playlist update they have removed alot of the overly abused Maulers after the community complained.

They are also looking at the 'problem' with the Melee, so things can only get better.
                            Last edited by EvilBoris; 15-12-2007, 18:50.

Comment

OMG. A post on Halo 3? Thought people had stopped playing this the week after its release. I stopped when I realised I'd been had by the 'man' once again. Next time no hype is gonna get me.

Unless it's Nintendo hype.

Comment

All the posting goes on in the online thread, although that only says "Great games last night"

Too busy playing it to talk about it

Comment

Working...
                                X