Halo 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
    The only difference in gameplay I've noticed so far are the power ups. Am I missing something?

And I played Halo 2 last week so it's still fresh in my mind...
    Power-ups, new grenades, new weapons, much more focus on teamwork (especially evident in the maps) and less on one-man-bands. The focus has also been removed from dual-wielding, so all the weapons are potentially as good as each other now, single-wielding is again worth it, not just if you have a Battle Rifle!

The whole game has been reworked to allow it to become more like Counter-Strike, it's totally different to Halo 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
      To the people worried about length of this game, I've just finished the 3rd chapter and overall I've probably put like 5 hours into this already. So I'm taking it easy, and playing on Heroic. So unless you are rushing through, I can see it lasting about 15 hours at this rate!

how many chapters in total?

not worried at all though. you can blast through Halo or Halo 2 on Normal but it can also easily take hours to get through a single tricky fight on Legendary.

Comment

There's 9 chapters. If anyone's worried about length (MATRON!) stick it on Legendary, problem solved. Plus you've got co-op to play around with.

Comment

Exactly, some of the fights make you think whats the best way to do this!? And you'll keep trying and trying until you work it out. And when you eventually manage to pass a tricky bit it feels great cause your the Chief!! Playing on Normal difficulty its going to be easy, but Heroic then Legendary is where the fun starts.

I'm doing Heroic on my own then I'll stick on Legendary for some co-op action.

Not sure how many levels there are actually, I think it might be 9 for some reason...

Comment

Checkpoints are very friendly in the game which is great, no long slogs after dying.

Comment

Is normal too easy or is it still a bit of a challenge? Im tempted to go though on normal first to see the story and then heroic followed by legendary to make it last!

Comment

Exactly, some of the fights make you think whats the best way to do this!? And you'll keep trying and trying until you work it out. And when you eventually manage to pass a tricky bit it feels great cause your the Chief!!
                I disagree, Im getting pissed restarting after infinite attempts as on heroic you're forced to take pot shots and not get anywhere near close enough to the action. It kinda takes the fun out it staying so far back. Im finding even the grunts are rock hard!

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                  I disagree, Im getting pissed restarting after infinite attempts as on heroic you're forced to take pot shots and not get anywhere near close enough to the action. It kinda takes the fun out it staying so far back. Im finding even the grunts are rock hard!
                  Try normal, I've died a few times but it's not so hard that it becomes frustrating.

Comment

This is messed up, I'm stuck!

On the 4th level,

I'm at the point I need to kill the Scarab tank, done lots of shooting with rockets n missiles etc, then I'm told to jump on board which I do and kill it from the inside but theres nothing to shoot when inside to kill it and no switches to flick or anything. Theres that big glowing blue bit at the back inside, but nothing happenes when you shoot that!?

Confused.

Comment

Had an hour worth today at work, hope it improves its very halo 2 and I don't understand the cut scene love the woman looks like a zombie and the lip synch is nearly always off.
                      Will reserve judgement tho but not impressed yet

Comment

Rossco - Not got to that bit yet mate, but it might be another moment where you have to hold down RB, or something perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
                          Rossco - Not got to that bit yet mate, but it might be another moment where you have to hold down RB, or something perhaps?
                          Yeh I thought that but nothing appears.. and to rub it in, the guy keeps telling me to

go for the core, you'll know it when you see it!!!

But I dont know it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                            Had an hour worth today at work, hope it improves its very halo 2 and I don't understand the cut scene love the woman looks like a zombie and the lip synch is nearly always off.
                            Will reserve judgement tho but not impressed yet

Its Halo 3, of course its going to be like Halo 2, if it wasn't it wouldn't be a halo game now would it ?

Dual Weilding is completley diffrent you have a stack of new equipment, new transport, new weapons and new grenades, a couple of new characters with 4 player co-op and much better Graphics.

Its got more gametypes in Multiplayer, Maps that are sublime and better Designed than Halo2 the ability to record your best bits. Again less emphasise on dual wielding better selection of power weapons that make the sniper less Uber and again weapons and Grenades

So like Halo 2 was a bit Halo CE, Halo 3 is a bit Halo 2
                            Last edited by Gerry Helmet; 20-09-2007, 12:56.

Comment

Yeh I thought that but nothing appears.. and to rub it in, the guy keeps telling me to

go for the core, you'll know it when you see it!!!

But I dont know it!!!

It's that bit at the back mate, you need to shoot it or RB it I can't remember which. Do that then run like the mother****** wind!

Comment

xxxxx
                                Last edited by dvdmike; 20-09-2007, 13:05.

Comment

Working...
                                X