No announcement yet.

Halo 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played this last night at my mates house who got his from argos, game is way way overhyped IMO. The graphics are not very good at all, and the game is IMo boring. Go to point A shoot, do something go to point B shoot, do some other crap get on ship blah blah blah. And every god damn level is the same thing over and over.

Jaggy edges, jerkiness of the framerate and to me it just looks bland.

I feel sorry for all those poeple that paid like 100-250 quid for it from ebay.

Very very average game IMO id give it 7/10 max.

Glad i played it as now im giving this a miss and getting back to forza
    Last edited by stepp; 21-09-2007, 09:36.

Comment

Originally posted by stepp View Post
      Played this last night at my mates house who got his from argos, game is way way overhyped IMO. The graphics are not very good at all, and the game is IMo boring. Go to point a shoot go to point b shoot get on ship blah blah blah.

I never thought I'd defend Halo 3 but while the first hour is fairly generic the game gets better and better as you progress. There are some utterly FANTASTIC gaming moments within Halo 3 that I feel any gamer would be very foolish to miss out on. It's truck loads better than Halo 2 and it's also better than Halo.

There are also some stunningly beautiful graphics on display later on in the game which more than make up for the early parts and the indoor parts. A slight frame rate drop does not take away from some of the most awesome moments in gaming for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Chinster View Post
        A slight frame rate drop does not take away from some of the most awesome moments in gaming for years.
        Oh boy, you picked THE wrong forum to say that. I'd run and hide!

Seriously though, for the most part, I agree with both of you guys The first hour IS generic, but it does get better. I'm only on chapter 5 at the moment, but things are looking up. Theres no way any game could live up to the amount of hype this is receiving though. I too feel sorry for anyone that paid over the odds for this, but hey, if thats what they want to do then fine by me.

Comment

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
          Oh boy, you picked THE wrong forum to say that. I'd run and hide!
          Oh no, I totally stand by that. The frame rate never chugs enough to bother me, even when you are looking at some of the most awesome scenes ever placed into a game.

If the game was poo it would probably annoy me, but as it's so good I can easily look past such a flaw.

Comment

Repost as bloody stucker than a stuck thing!

I think I'm near the end of the game, I'm running across a huge walkway which collapses and I can't get to the other side in time. I must be doing something wrong

Comment

Originally posted by stepp View Post
              Played this last night at my mates house who got his from argos, game is way way overhyped IMO. The graphics are not very good at all, and the game is IMo boring. Go to point A shoot, do something go to point B shoot, do some other crap get on ship blah blah blah. And every god damn level is the same thing over and over.

I wouldnt answer your door if i were you.

No probs with jaggies, or frame rate here. You playing on a CRT or something?

Comment

Have to say that my (cant speak for stepp) frame rate issues are probably not frame rate issues at all, but possibly more to do with the movie recording stuff? On one level I was having delays of around a second every now and then and the action just froze.

Comment

It might just be gremlins,there will probably be a patch at official launch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8 View Post
                    The J is a Y? you must be joking... it sounds much better as a proper J
                    I'm pretty sure it's meant to be Mee-yol-neer. Similar to how "Sony Wega" is pronounced "Sony Vega" for example. Words aren't always pronounced the way they're spelt.

Comment

Personally not had any framerate issues with this at all, and jaggies? Bland looking? It looks MINT. Its gorgeous!!

Cant get enough of this, gonna be playing it for a LONG time.

Comment

Just watched the new vid, what sort of size are the replay files?

I can see these being useful for picking up ways of improving your game if they work out well.

Comment

No idea how big they are All I know is that I was playing the game, then finished a level so decided to call it a night. But before I went to the land of nod, I decided to look at the Theatre mode and my last level was there for me. No idea if it's saved it permanently or not?

Comment

saved until you play a different 360 title, it's in halo's cache space, or you can flag it for permenant storage if you like.

Comment

Woah, do we expect Oblivion style cache-clearing every few hours then?

Comment

Interesting...

I was never a big fan of the Halo games to the level that many people are but I still enjoyed them. I'm hoping that I'll be able to pick up some tips from watching the people who really are into with this.

Playing it is obviously the best way to learn but sometimes it's useful to see just how somebody did what they did.

I think if we give it a month or so then the level design could really come into it's own as people start finding bugs in it and really start doing things that they probably weren't supposed to be doing lol.

Can you actually change things like where the buildings are and move walls and stuff like that? I think it's just control over objects, weapons, spawn points etc that it gives you? It's probably best to not let people move around the buildings and things as the levels are usually just about perfect anyway for me...

Comment

Working...
                                X