No announcement yet.

Team Fortress 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet, downloading now. Bad timing with GTA out though!

Comment

Yeah I guess so, but some variety is nice

Comment

Presuming it was just a multiplayer fill-in, this is the last game I played on The Orange Box compilation, but it quickly became one of my favourite 360 games. The depth and balance of the different classes and the way they can be teamed up to tackle different situations in different ways is brilliant. Definately a thinking mans multiplayer FPS which puts the likes of COD4 and Halo 3 to shame in my opinion. Only Gears is better.

Comment

Check out the latest updates, news, and events from the top selling and featured games across Steam.

Another free event this weekend for people who don't own the game. You'll get to try out the new Pyro achievements/weapons, plus the [as yet] undisclosed 'changes' that they have apparently made to the class for all players. Hopefully see some of you on there?

Oh, and the 'Meet the Sniper' video is also released today.

Comment

I'm actually looking forward to this update, as it's actually for a class I tend to play regularly. I was never that much of a medic-player before the last update, and it didn't really change my mind on the class afterwards either. So I'm glad the next update is working on a class I actually play XD

Comment

I still play this now and again on the 360 and love it. Not many matches seem to be going for it; but you can normally always find one game which is full. I've also realised that by glitches and bugs it's possible for over 16 players to enter the same game; they were incredibly hectic and even though it's a glitch. It's awesome to play.

Lets hope them updates hit 360 soon aswell.

Comment

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

Covers pretty much the whole update, some interesting stuff

Comment

Such a big addition to the pyro, will definately effect how everyone uses him!

On another site, someone raised the question of whether we can do jumps with the air blast

The achievements look more obtainable and fun as well (not to mention the fact you don't have to get them all - big win for me!)

Comment

1000 kills? Sod that.

Comment

I've been getting into this a lot recently.

It never really worked for me before (constant disconnection issues) but now i've pinpointed the problem and got it working 110% it's an absolutely blast.

Been learning how to play the spy on 2fort... always good.

Comment

Originally posted by FreelancePolice
                        On another site, someone raised the question of whether we can do jumps with the air blast

The achievements look more obtainable and fun as well (not to mention the fact you don't have to get them all - big win for me!)
                        Apparently they decided against the air blast allowing you to jump as it didn't really work in testing. I agree on the achievements though, most can be obtained whilst remaining productive to your team... which is much better compared to what medics were doing on their update release. Plus, as you say, don't have to get them all Hope they pass on that change to medic and future class updates aswell.

Originally posted by Koppo
                        1000 kills? Sod that.
                        If you've played the class before you should find that you're already some way to achieving that, or have already surpassed it. This happened with the medic update aswell... for example, I had already obtained over 1 million heal points prior to the medic update, so I'd already met the criteria for the achievement. Thus, as soon as I was killed for the first time (post-update), it gave me the achievement straight away.

All in all, should be good fun this evening Don't think I'll be going Pyro straight away due to everyone else trying it out, though. Think I might pass on playing as Spy too, actually... safety reasons.
                        Last edited by Hohum; 19-06-2008, 15:09.

Comment

They've bodged it with a single change!

Removed Flamethrower's damage falloff (was falling off to 25% by the end)
                          Now the pyro's flamethrower does max damage at any range... you will be lucky to stay alive for longer than a second if you're even within touching distance of flames. God knows what they were thinking when they made that decision, falloff needs to be reinstated. The only reason I can think of them changing it was to shut up the 'omg pyro is underpowered' people (which it wasn't, they were just crap at playing the class).

Time to sit it out for a few days, see what happens.

Comment

I bought the PC version last night despite owning orange box on 360 and it really is a league ahead. The controls are better suited, the higher resolution/graphics and the content make it the best £12 game any human could spend on a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
                              They've bodged it with a single change!

Now the pyro's flamethrower does max damage at any range... you will be lucky to stay alive for longer than a second if you're even within touching distance of flames. God knows what they were thinking when they made that decision, falloff needs to be reinstated. The only reason I can think of them changing it was to shut up the 'omg pyro is underpowered' people (which it wasn't, they were just crap at playing the class).

Time to sit it out for a few days, see what happens.
                              I don't think that means that the flamethrower does the same damage at max range as it does at point-blank. I think point-blank will still do significantly more damage than anything outside it, just that all damage to anything outside point-blank range is the same. To be honest, damage outside point-blank isn't anywhere near as high as when you've got the thing right in their face. At least, I didn't notice that I was killing people quicker outside point-blank range than I was before...

Comment

Do you guys use headsets on the PC to communicate? Or just typing to each other?

I never really use the headset much on the 360 version. Although i'm sure it's much more enjoyable to plan traps and communicate. I have quite alot of fun just 'guessing' what my team is doing, and aid them like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X