No announcement yet.

Folklore - PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been meaning to ask this for a while... can you save after the game is complete? If I remember correctly the last time I saved was prior to the final boss, so everything after that is 'lost'.

I'm just curious, because I'll probably get back into this once the newly announced DLC hits the US store. Been reading various forums/FAQs and I can't find an answer so I thought I'd check here before lowering myself to posting about it elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
      I've been meaning to ask this for a while... can you save after the game is complete? If I remember correctly the last time I saved was prior to the final boss, so everything after that is 'lost'.

I'm just curious, because I'll probably get back into this once the newly announced DLC hits the US store. Been reading various forums/FAQs and I can't find an answer so I thought I'd check here before lowering myself to posting about it elsewhere.
      No, the final save point is before the final boss.

Comment

Ah, cool thanks. At least it means I can check out the DLC without needing to start over.

Comment

I started playing this recently. I really enjoy the old fashioned feel to it. I have been a bit disillusioned with a fair few games recently but it is great to see a game that looks nice because of artwork rather than polygon numbers. It feels like an upgraded PS2 game and is not what some would call "next gen" - not a bad thing imo. The design is lovely and the music is well worked to make it feel haunting enough. Thumbs up from me so far (only on Ch2 though).

Comment

Hi again! Following on the heels of last month's additions to the Folklore tale, 2 new downloadable add-on packs are heading your way soon. Here's what's included: Folklore Add-on #3 "The Alchemist Pack" In this pack, Ellen heads for Undersea City in search of her mother, while other quests will find you collecting stones for [...]

Some more content (Quests) coming for the US version soon. I'm a sucker for Ellen costumes.

Comment

I've not played this for a while...

I enjoyed it far more than I was expecting to though!

Comment

I bought and installed the last lot of DLC but I haven't played it yet, probably just wait until these are added as well.

The Folks are so cool and different I can see me trying to catch 'em all at some point. (Please don't sue me Nintendo)

Comment

Yeah, I keep buying them lol...

This game was a lot more enjoyable than I was expecting it to be. It really was a pleasant surprise.

Comment

The demo was enough to convince me that I'd enjoy the game aesthetically and from a gameplay perspective, but it has a surprisingly interesting storyline as well.

Will be an honourable mention for me, if I ever get round to deciding what my game of 2007 was.

Comment

Over 2 years since anyone posted here. How sad.

Well, I started it yesterday and am now up to the third realm, under water. Considering the age of this, it's still the most beautiful game I've seen this generation. Prettier than even Uncharted 2 - not just the graphical might, but the actual art direction as well.

Rather fun RPG mechanics too, coupled with a rather unusual story of murder and deceit in a sleepy Irish village.

I wish I hadn't waited so long to play it - this could be one of my favourite games on the system.

Comment

I've always wanted to play this, but I find it to be the most elusive game on PS3. And to think it was siting in Game Focus for £12 for about 8 months. I kept saying "next time", and then the time I actually went to buy it it had gone
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ah, Folklore. I did actually finish this in the end and, personally, I think it is one of the best titles available on the PS3. Flower aside, the use of the sixaxis motion controls is just brilliant. A fantastic game which is criminally underrated by most people.

Comment

Yes, an absolutely fantastic game. I would love to see another like it.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the game and could never really understand why it never really got the love it deserved. I agree about the looks of the game, probably really poor on a technical level but there was just something etherial exploring landscapes of luminous flowers.

The game itself just played completely differently to anything else around and this thread has put me in the mind to play it again.

Comment

I lost my game save when my ps3 died but will definitely start it again. I was nearly finished too

looks gorgeous. Technically poor, particularly the way the did out-of-focus lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X