Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
    for me i will always prefer virtua fighter to the tekken games

tekken i found more frustrating as for example with alot of moves the press of the buttons say for 10 hit combos and throw combos etc the button presses have to be very precise

with virtua fighter what i liked was you could actually start the motion for the next move while still in the middle of the previous and the timing was much more relaxed (with the exception of a few moves)

if with tekken they could make the animation more fluid and relax the response times then i would be alot happier

anyway does anyone know if the x360 version has the awesome training mode from vf4:evolution ?
    Both VF and SC have a proper buffering system which Tekken doesn't really.

Comment

Tekken centres around dial-a-combos. VF is about mindgames and pokes. Both games are juggle friendly which is good.

About Akira, its kind of natural. People tend to think its another Ryu clone which is an easy to use allrounder. I first was like 'wtf!' too. He did not even have a simple 3 hitter! But even in VF1 hes great to use. His moves such as the shoulder bash could do about 75% damage when being landed off right before an enemy strike. In VF3, I really started to like Akira, his counters were being made easier and so were his SPoD and his new DLC. VF3 is kind of underrated imo, it tried something new with the backgrounds... they were uneven just like in DoA etc. I always found it to be a blast to play on the DC with a stick. Soundtrack was very good too.

Jacky, Pai, Lei-Fei, Lau.. they are the right characters for first timers. They have easy 4 or 5 hit combos.

Comment

Lei-Fei and Kage were allways my favourite from the originals. Even if Kage can fly.

Comment

with jacky since vf2 i think they did a great job making him a far better character

must say i was never that keen on the virtua fighter game until number 4 when i learnt frame buffering then it seemed to open the game out

oh also ever since fighters megamix i could never do akiras K+G (release G) move and it took me until i got virtua fighter 4 evolution before i did it
          Last edited by eastyy; 17-10-2007, 11:21.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
            must say i was never that keen on the virtua fighter game until number 4 when i learnt frame buffering then it seemed to open the game out
            What's frame buffering?

Comment

Well its when you start the motion for another move while still in the middle of the previous one ermm i think lol

also for example if i remember kages jumping knee attack the motion is hold down and then towards + kick but you can speed it up by instead doing a crouch dash then towards and kick which reduces the delay of doing that move

Comment

Working...
              X