Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
    Just completed this and I'm scraching my head a bit... what exactly is going on in the epilogue bit

on the plane

after the credits?.... seemed a bit random.
    I still wanna know what happened to

Gaz and the Cap, I'm sure one of the voices on the plane is Gaz's

Comment

Looks like I caved in and re-bought an Xbox 360 yesterday after selling it back in March earlier this year (I got so fed-up with returning the console every month or two) with this bloody masterpiece.

The best game at launch was Call of Duty 2 and two years on, it is now the game of the year. I am playing it on Hardened just like I did on my first play through CoD2 and it is perfect.

The training section is great and doesn?t feel tacked on for the sake of being a tutorial; I managed to get 18.3 seconds on that training sequence after 6 or 7 tries and was told to start the game on Veteran mode, which pleased me but I want to save it for another day.

The opening mission on the cargo boat is wonderful with such pace that you have very little time to look around and appreciate the environment you are in. The visuals still have the basic fundamental style that CoD2 provides but the detail has been notched up a helluva lot.

That introduction sequence after the cargo mission was very tense especially with my surround sound set-up and was very well directed/scripted to upper the intensity of the campaign; a great story so far.

The aftermath chapter at the end of act one must go down as the finest moment in the last few years; it was unexpected and a very strong moment that kicks you back into the reality of the game and arguably comparable to what is going on in today?s world.

I also bought Halo 3 yesterday as it was part of the Xbox 360 offer I paid for and it has only been given 10 minutes whereas CoD4 has kept me going through most of the evening and will stay that way until I have finished it.

Infinity Ward has done it again.

Comment

Started at 10am this morning, literally just finished the epilogue (which was damn coooool) It seems that every FPS I've played recently has lasted a similar amount of time in single player. Bioshock, Halo 3, the Half Life 2 section of Orange Box. All between 5 & 6 hours which I think is great as it means I get to finish more games.

Fantastic game, so brilliantly paced with some real "oh my God" moments. Hell, even the wife enjoyed me playing through it and was equally as impressed.

I'll certainly be hitting the multiplayer side of things now as the beta was tremendouly good fun! I think I'll hit the multiplayer "deep & hard"

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          It seems that every FPS I've played recently has lasted a similar amount of time in single player. Bioshock, Halo 3, the Half Life 2 section of Orange Box. All between 5 & 6 hours which I think is great as it means I get to finish more games.
          Isn't Bioshock a pure slogathon 20+ hour long beast. I'm not even finished it and I've spent about that much time playing it I'm sure!? Can't be 6 hours?

Comment

Bioshock is about 15 hours

Comment

Maybe Bioshock was a bit longer but it didn't feel like it. I certainly remember doing it in about 3 days though. Maybe the old adage is true, "time flies" and all that...

Comment

Your probably right....

Comment

Indeed, Bioshock is about 2/3 times longer than CoD4, unless you are playing it on Veteran I guess. Half-Life 2 is a lot longer too I think!

Comment

HL2 is about 7-8 hours first time through as far as I remember, though admitedly that was 3 years ago so might be wrong. But its certainly longer than this game by quite a bit anyway.

Even Halo 3 seemed a bit longer than COD4.

Good thing with this though is that there is no filler, every level is great, it even has a fantastic climax which is more than you can say about alot of games.

I completed it then started it stright away again on Veteran, havent even tried the multiplayer yet, so if you consider all that the game probabaly lasts longer than bioshock did anyway.

BTW is anyone else having trouble getting the survive a dog attack achievement? no matter when I press the right stick I always get eaten.

Hitting a helicopter with an RPG seems virtualy impossible too.
                    Last edited by rmoxon; 10-11-2007, 17:20.

Comment

BTW is anyone else having trouble getting the survive a dog attack achievement? no matter when I press the right stick I always get eaten.

Hitting a helicopter with a RPG seems virtualy impossible too.
                      The dog achievement took me a few attempts to get but once I'd got it I had no problems taking dogs out after they'd jumped me. It almost seemed like the "dog take down" got easier after you'd unlocked the achievement.

Comment

LOL! I actually got the dog achievement first time, but after that I couldn't bloody stop them killing me!

Comment

HL2 is about 7-8 hours first time through as far as I remember, though admitedly that was 3 years ago so might be wrong. But its certainly longer than this game by quite a bit anyway.

I just finished Half-life two last week on hard. Took me just over 14 hours. A few very hard two at a time gunship battles must have taken me a hour each.

Comment

I've hit a stumbling block for me now, on the penultimate level in the silos I just can't get down the tunnel to the blast doors. Doesn't matter which tunnel I pick I die very quickly (veteran btw) any tips?

Comment

The arcade mode was the main reason I bought this, simply because it was a damn fine idea, so what does everybody think on it?

Comment

I've not unlocked it yet, what does it consist of?

Comment

Working...
                                X