Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeF View Post
    I've hit a stumbling block for me now, on the penultimate level in the silos I just can't get down the tunnel to the blast doors. Doesn't matter which tunnel I pick I die very quickly (veteran btw) any tips?

I presume you mean the bit where you come to a place where you cant go stright forward as its blocked off so you have to go either left or right?. You need to take out everyone in front of you first, then crouch with your back to either the left or right wall and move along facing the oposite wall untill you can see mostly all the way down the tunnel and then throw grenades down that one to kill anyone who may shoot you from behind, then throw a flash bang down the tunnel you are next too and enter it and kill anyone in there...

Hope that made sense.

Comment

Every FPS shooter should has this.....http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27443.html

Comment

Anyone else having trouble getting online with this?

Comment

Me, it has always got a reason for me not to play,

PLAYLIST DOESN'T MATCH HOST!

UNABLE TO CONNECT
          CONNECTION LOST TO HOST
          PARTY NO LONGER AVAILIBLE

Boris net is being very bad tonight

Comment

It is constantly "Dowloading Game Settings" when I go into the Xbox Live option. Grrrr, I wanted to shoot some yank kids!

EDIT - Now I am in but games are extremely laggy and matches end after 30 seconds.
            Last edited by ezee ryder; 10-11-2007, 20:27.

Comment

I can't get into any game, getting the Downloading Game Settings as above, or 'Lobby has closed', or 'You must have an active network connection'.

First attempt with online CoD4 too

Comment

I should have loved this game...But because I'm a Gamerpoint whore and IW linked most of their achievements to Veteran difficulty (again) - I hate it.

I don't know how the hell anyone gets any fun out of Veteran difficulty, it just makes the game look bad IMO. You notice all the flaws and BS in the game as you're forced to play it in a certain way.

Hardened gives such a good feeling of fighting through a war - it's amazing. On Veteran its you against the the game's features - it's nonsense.

IW - next time, link your achievements to something good and stick your veteran difficulty up your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                  I presume you mean the bit where you come to a place where you cant go stright forward as its blocked off so you have to go either left or right?. You need to take out everyone in front of you first, then crouch with your back to either the left or right wall and move along facing the oposite wall untill you can see mostly all the way down the tunnel and then throw grenades down that one to kill anyone who may shoot you from behind, then throw a flash bang down the tunnel you are next too and enter it and kill anyone in there...

Hope that made sense.
                  Keep trying that method but not getting very far atm. My problem is I think I have blinded one tuneel so throw into the other and charge it only to get shot in the back (only have 2 frag grenades at this point)

Will have to keep trying, got 5.34 left on the clock at the saved checkpoint

Comment

I have been playing through it on normal and I am having fun fun fun - for me, since its not a super challenge (except after one shot kill) it just conveys the cinematic feel perfectly, you are not spending your time redoing the same checkpoint over and over but moving on quickly through the game and just taking pleasure from shooting people in the face

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                      I can't get into any game, getting the Downloading Game Settings as above, or 'Lobby has closed', or 'You must have an active network connection'.

First attempt with online CoD4 too
                      It's something to do with Live. People are having problems with Halo 3 and TF2 as well.

Comment

Well the Ps3 version is rumoured to have the same problems atm. But i'm glad that piece of trash Halo 3 got owned so quickly. This is much, much better! And on my friendslist, really everyone plays it

Comment

New title syndrome innit', Halo 3 will still be up there this time next-year, guarenteed.

As good as this game is (and it is superb!), it's no Halo 3 beater online, for me.

Comment

This game is Ass on legendary much worse than COD2 or 3 the insane difficulty spikes make me wanna hurt IW's face.

any advice on the following would be great been at it for about 3 hours now

The last sniper bit when you have to defend the position awaiting for the stupid choppa to land that takes an enternity and the crippled scotsman with his stupid invincibility......

I've tried sticking next to him and I got really close then a dog mauled me
                            I've tried running to the other side of the map and hiding then trying to fight my way back to the ****ing cripple I Usually die

I dont understand why they do those parts with respawning wanking ****faces who have super human sniper machine guns that take you down from a mile away

Its a good game all the same, just Veteran which is a pain, MP is good but its no Halo3. Too many snipers and campers for my liking...

Comment

Just finished this - I'm actually shocked at how amazing that was - most cinematic experience at the end ever. My jaw is still on the floor .... amazing .. 11/10

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                                I don't know how the hell anyone gets any fun out of Veteran difficulty, it just makes the game look bad IMO. You notice all the flaws and BS in the game as you're forced to play it in a certain way.
                                Like I mentioned earlier the 360 version lacks the ability to lean and that hurts it really when it seems to be made in a way that requires it. In reality though its no harder than Halo 3 on ledgendary, you just need a bit of persistance.

MikeF, you will manage it eventualy, like I just mentioned, like COD2 this game just seems to have been designed with the PC in mind above all else really.
                                Last edited by rmoxon; 11-11-2007, 01:30.

Comment

Working...
                                X