Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gerry Helmet View Post
    Without the time limit anyone could do it its not hard to stand back and gun people down taking time to heal and attack again....

Im determined to complete Mile high !!
    Well that was the point I was making to be honest! Though I didn't say with NO time limit, just if it were less strict. The time limit is obviously the difficulty, but it just seems SO insane on veteran, but then I guess it's supposed to be hard!

Respect to anyone who completes it, it's mental!

Comment

Do you have to do the entire last level to do mile high again ? OR is it selectable in the missions structure ( i've not checked )

Comment

Selectable from the Mission Select bit.

Comment

Ah, so you can effectively start from that on Veteran if you so wish?

Comment

Yep, just dip in/out and select the difficulty you want. It says "Hardest level completed" (or words to that effect) next to the levels.

I'm not sure if you can "Win the War on Veteran" if you do them out of order? Hopefully you can because Im doing them out of order (thanks it trashing my save game).

edit: Obviously you need to complete the game first to unlock Mission Select.

Comment

Ah, got it.

I'm on "One Shot, One Kill" on Hardened at the moment, so plodding along with it when I'm not playing MP.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                Yep, just dip in/out and select the difficulty you want. It says "Hardest level completed" (or words to that effect) next to the levels.

I'm not sure if you can "Win the War on Veteran" if you do them out of order? Hopefully you can because Im doing them out of order (thanks it trashing my save game).

edit: Obviously you need to complete the game first to unlock Mission Select.
                You don't have to complete the game to get mission select, you get that after you have completed 1 mission.

You can do veteran in any order, I did No Fighting in the War room last night after I had already completed the game.

Comment

Ah didn't realise it unlocked straight away. I thought it was one of the "cheats" it gave me for finishing the game. Where are they then if that's not it?!

Good stuff about Veteran in any order!

Comment

The cheats are in the options once you have loaded a level up

Comment

Anyone ever played a training level as good as this one has? I just spent 20-30 minutes doing it to get the achievement! This really might be Game of the Year.

Comment

Completed this last night and the game, whilst short, is brilliant.

Also the Chernobyl level where you two SAS guys have to assinate the Russian Terrosrist is one of the most atmospheric levels I've ever played. I adore the ending where you have to carry him out and waiting for the troops to pass in the Corn field.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                          Anyone ever played a training level as good as this one has?
                          Trickstyle's on the DC

But yeah, the actual mock course was good fun - although the bits you have to do before it get to it (targets/melon) get in the way a smidgeon. Would have been nice to be able to skip them. Although obviously once you're at the course then you can repeat ad infinitum. I'm no where near beating the record though. I think 27 seconds is my time atm (?)

Comment

I’m currently on the ‘No Fighting in the War Room’ mission on Veteran mode and the timer section is starting to grate considering there is no checkpoint from the start of the timer until you finish it all.

I nearly done it for me to be surrounded by three grenades all at one time, which if you ask me is reasonably unfair. I’m actually a bit disappointed with Veteran mode; it is way too easy except the odd moment or two.

While CoD3 is the worse of the series, it was a decent challenge in Veteran mode; something that Infinity Ward can’t seem to pull off very well.

Still, it is my favourite game I have played this year so no complaints from me.

:EDIT:

Speaking of the training run at the beginning, I managed to get 17.1 last night. The trick to getting a low time is to literally run and gun; don't stop moving at any point whatsoever except when you are throwing the flash grenades through the doors.
                            Last edited by Extra Terrestrial; 12-11-2007, 13:29.

Comment

I got 19.5 seconds. Did you notice the "IW Record" is at 14/15 seconds! Jesus wept! It took me about 10-15 tries, flucuating widly between a 21 second run then a 30 second run. The first section is the one you need to nail, also chucking flash grenades, if you don't get it spot on, you won't do it. Don't reload either, just use the machine gun then switch to pistol for one shot kills.

More satisfying than the achievement when I got it was the fact the game told me I should play on Veteran, it's like the game is saying "You're ready now, you can do this" which was a great feeling.

Wools, I think that level may actually be in my "top 3 levels of all time" to be honest!
                              Last edited by Jebus; 12-11-2007, 13:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
                                I?m currently on the ?No Fighting in the War Room? mission on Veteran mode and the timer section is starting to grate considering there is no checkpoint from the start of the timer until you finish it all.

I nearly done it for me to be surrounded by three grenades all at one time, which if you ask me is reasonably unfair. I?m actually a bit disappointed with Veteran mode; it is way too easy except the odd moment or two.

While CoD3 is the worse of the series, it was a decent challenge in Veteran mode; something that Infinity Ward can?t seem to pull off very well.

Still, it is my favourite game I have played this year so no complaints from me.

:EDIT:

Speaking of the training run at the beginning, I managed to get 17.1 last night. The trick to getting a low time is to literally run and gun; don't stop moving at any point whatsoever except when you are throwing the flash grenades through the doors.
                                there are checkpoints on the level, you just have to get to the checkpoint in the required time to activate it. First one for me was around 8 minutes after I cleared the kitchen, 7.30 on the stairs going down, 5.34 after clearing the first tunnel, 3.00 after reaching the doors, 1.20 after planting the c4.

Took me a fair few goes before I finally managed to do it though

Comment

Working...
                                X