No announcement yet.

Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone explain the reason behind the bit after the credits? Spoilers again ...

One of the voices sounds like Gaz? What about cap? Is he alive? I love the homage to "airplane" at the start I must admit

but what was it actually about? Did I miss anything obvious?

Literally two complaints the entire game...

1. Occasionally it doesn't pop up with your friendlies name, so you do shoot them accidentally sometimes, as mentioned earlier.

2. I had MASSIVE slowdown for about 30-40 seconds on one level, that was the only time it happened, but it did happen.
    Last edited by Jebus; 07-11-2007, 18:01.

Comment

Jesus christ REALLY sorry about that! Spoilered now, missed the "/" off the [./spoiler] bit!

REALLY hope I didn't spoil it for anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
        Just finished this. DO NOT READ the spoilers, no matter how tempted you are, PLEASE.

Oh my god.

The ending...the ending...It damn near brought me to tears, I've never felt so "in" a game as that last sequence...at one point I actually felt so ANGRY at the enemy. When you see

the American soldier shot in the head...when you see your captain unconcious and them trying to bring him round, it just...**** me that was amazing. When I saw HIM execute one of his own men and bear down on1 me I actually said "you ****ing ****!!!" really angrily...

That's not even mentioning the

ghillie suit

mission which is just about the best level of any game I've ever played.

Just bravo IW, bravo. This game is as close to 10/10 as I could ever give.

The cinematics, the sounds, the visuals, the emotion.

I can't believe the experience I've just had. I actually can't get over the ending before the credits, that very last bit was just... incredible.

EVERYONE should play this game, EVERYONE.

It is VERY short though, a FPS vet could nail this in an evening. It took me about 6/7 hours to finish but I didn't rush it, played it 1 hour 30 mins monday, same on tuesday and about 3/4 hours today.

I'm PRAYING they keep up the "modern warfare" angle for the next game, if they go back to the world war stuff I'll be devestated.

in short its the bo***cks then

Comment

The beta made me sex wee. I don't know how the final game is going to make me feel.

cannae wait!

Comment

Yup the full game is brilliant, I am definately gonna play it through again on veteran to sample its delights again! It might not get the plaudits that something like Halo 3 or Bioshock will get but it certainly deserves them.

Jebus - glad you liked the

sniper mission

, I thought it was superb. The knowledge that

you could be spotted at any given moment and have to fight against tanks/dogs/soliders

certainly heightened the tension. I personally just stayed

as close to MacMillan

as possible, at one point I thought

I had lost him

and started to panic! Loved the parts where you had to

carry MacMillan through the area after the helicopters wing landed on him

, it all of a sudden upped the pace of the level.

Comment

That level was my favourite I think ezee, just so INTENSE. The bit where he runs (proper L3 run)

right through the enemy

literally made me sweat. The main scene in that mission too was just... Oh and I

stayed close to him as well, I was up his arse at some points!!

Honestly, this game is really something special. I thought Bioshock was the FPS of the year, HAHA no chance. This takes that crown.

It's not just the bollocks, it's the dogs bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lok View Post
                Ive been playing since monday lucky me and now have the tag option for a clan how about we name after our forum NTSC, if interested guys post away, this game is utter awsomness i swear your in for a visual gameplay treat.
                No one seems to ever reply about clan things like this, but I would be interested if other people were, although this post will probably be forgotten aswell.

I'm going to get it this saturday, and after reading the impressions, I'm in for a treat.

Comment

Thing is, I'd be up for the clan thing, but I'm really not that good at the online, so I'd be useless to ya.

[NTSC-UK] clan-a-go-go?

What level you need to get to by the way?
                  Last edited by Jebus; 07-11-2007, 19:49.

Comment

I'd be up for the clan thing too, god damn u Jebus, you've made me want this so bad now. Im gonna start getting seriously impatient even though i get it in 2 days lol.

Comment

Shopto sent their orders out today, I know that much So there'll be a lot more gloriously happy gamers out there tomorrow.

Comment

Even if none of us are good, we would be recognised more and it would just show that we are all part of the same group. You'd have [NTSC-uk] before your name. Who could resist that...?

Comment

only 4 letters could be used in the beta - so it would be NTSC if people want to use the site as a clan name

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                            Even if none of us are good, we would be recognised more and it would just show that we are all part of the same group. You'd have [NTSC-uk] before your name. Who could resist that...?
                            Sure, sign me up then.

Comment

Unfortuneately, I yet to own the game 'till early saturday morning. And it was Lok's idea in the first place, so he must get all the credit for it. I'm sure he'd be happy to start one up with the name: 'NTSC' and get people in it?

Comment

I honestly can't remember what level you need to be to unlock clan tags anyway! I know I'm way off it cos I'm only at level 2 since I've only played one online match.

Dunno if it's like a proper clan where you maintain it though, or if it's just like Halo where you add some text as a prefix to your name. I assume it's the latter.

Comment

Working...
                                X