No announcement yet.

Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say the biggest problems with this are the 3frags and martyrdom perks, they make an absolute mockery of headquarters especially on smaller maps. Honestly it's a rare treat for me to get shot to death, 99.999999999999% of my deaths are from grenades I couldn't get out of the way of in time.

Still love it but those perks need nerfing hard.

Comment

I always forget to peg it after I kill someone close quarters, & almost everytime it happens I get caught in the suicide blast & die!

Comment

Originally posted by GODZOOKI View Post
        Im level 55 and toying with entering prestige mode, then ill lose everything and start again.
        I got to lvl 55 last night and leveled up again so as to unlock prestige mode, but after a small amount of deliberation I`m not going to bother.

Pros: A different coloured shiny badge everytime you reach lvl 55.

Cons: Lose every weapon, perk, weapon upgrade and all completed challenges, not to mention the fact that I wouldn`t see my G36c again until I got to lvl 37.

I`d understand it if you unlocked a tank or a wicked gun, but as you don`t, **** it!

Comment

Didn't they say they're going to raise the level cap at some point to like 100 ? If so, going the prestige route could end in tears.

Comment

How gutted would you be to reset it all then they announce the next day their increasing the cap to 100!

Dont think that'll come for some while though! I might be up for games of this tonight btw so if you see me online, invite away!

Comment

Originally posted by Nembot View Post
              I got to lvl 55 last night and leveled up again so as to unlock prestige mode, but after a small amount of deliberation I`m not going to bother.

Pros: A different coloured shiny badge everytime you reach lvl 55.

Cons: Lose every weapon, perk, weapon upgrade and all completed challenges, not to mention the fact that I wouldn`t see my G36c again until I got to lvl 37.

I`d understand it if you unlocked a tank or a wicked gun, but as you don`t, **** it!
              so just a badge? really nothing else? does it look any cool at least

could need some tips to survive the waiting for rescue heli in tschernobyl - on veteran of course. gave up on it after 30+ tries last night...

Comment

I dont care Im going to do it guns are guns with this you can kill out with out

Comment

I wont be able to play mine for a few days. I had to send mine away to scratchbusters today as it arrived from PA loose inside the case & will cost more to ship back than to get the scratches removed.

****luck is my middle name at the mo.

Comment

I am half way through the second act.

I am an FPS fan. I'm also most interested in "modern day" games like Graw/Vegas.

So, take those tastes and try this game on them.

It's a match made in heaven. Its a standard COD affair in some respects, but the variety, quality and enjoyment of the game in just spot on.

Those with lots of free time warned against playing normal first. I feel it's a good romp on Normal, and then I look forward to going back again on hard, if time allows.

Brilliant stuff.

Comment

The post-Chernobyl flashback level is gaming perfection and a perfect example of the mission diversity the game has. I've just made it onto Act III and that has been my favourite part do far.

I loved all the sneaking around in the ghillie suit and taking instructions from the captain as you make your way to the sniping position. It feels like a real journey to get there and very "Metal Gear". Taking the actual shot itself is also superb. Having to observe the "buy" before getting the green light and using the little flag to gauge wind direction were nice touches.
                      Then there's the frantic chase to the extraction point afterwards and subsequent siege as you wait for the chopper to arrive. Brilliant stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                        so just a badge? really nothing else? does it look any cool at least
                        Not really.

It`s so easy you achieve high ranks in this game over a short period that the world and his wife has a prestige rank badge and there are even people that have gone to lvl 55 on 2 or 3 occasions, maybe more, but who really gives a ****? I`ve unlocked every perk, weapon and upgrade so why lose all of those to get a new badge? Reaching "Elite" on R6V was an achievement, getting to lvl 55 and beyond isn`t really.

At lvl 55 as a special treat you get a "GOLD! GOLD!!!" Desert Eagle. It`s no different to the silver one unlocked earlier but I still take great pleasure in unloading it into someones face and pretending that I`m Scaramanga. I also sometimes shout "THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUUUUN!!!!" as I kill with it and I`ve made myself a third nipple too for a fully authentic Scaramanga experience.

After playing a fair bit of multiplayer I eventually got single player finished yesterday and even though it has been a bit neglected compared to the multiplayer, what a great game?

The ending though,

I was nearly in tears. Eventhough you don`t spend much time with Griggs he tries to help you and dies, but of the two guys that have helped you through all the missions, the guys that have fought bravely by your side, Gaz gets executed right infront of you and Cpt Price in the seconds before he dies manages to sling you his pistol to complete the job.Top drawer but well sad!

Comment

The SP is all sorts of superb!

The ending though,

whilst it is sad, I always take great pleasure in dropping Zahkaev and his two goons to avenge my comrades.

Comment

Has anybody mentioned that Gaz is voiced by Craig Fairbrass of Eastenders 'fame'? I noticed the name when watching the credits roll... my first thoughts were that it was one of Right Said Fred.

Anyway, I have nothing more to add. Awesome awesome game, and very frustrating along with it. Still haven't taken it online. I suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                              Has anybody mentioned that Gaz is voiced by Craig Fairbrass of Eastenders 'fame'? I noticed the name when watching the credits roll.
                              I noticed that too, but didn`t feel it worthy of a mention.

Comment

I just finished the game last night. In case people missed it, make sure you let the credit finish.

This is the best FPS I've played. Ever.

Without sounding like a hype machine, I don't say that lightly.

The diversity, the story, the voice acting, the visuals, the missions, the emotions, the AI. It all comes together to form a very very good game.

Does it push fps games further? I'm not sure, but it shows what really big dev teams, with talent, creative freedom and publisher support can achieve.

The attention to detail in COD4 is mind blowing.

I can't wait to replay the game again.

Comment

Working...
                                X