Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clans?

Clans?

You think there be some nice Leagues/Tourneys to enter for this for 360 version?

Be cool, Wher!?

Comment

Finished campaign on Hardened and up to level 10 multiplayer.

I was going to say "probably" but I'd go as far as to say the SP is hands-down the best, most balls-to-the-wall FPS I've played period.

The story is excellent, the way they handle the narrative

i.e the execution at the start and the death of Paul Jackson

via "non-interactive cut-scenes" is just brilliantly realised and the games ability to create tension

Guillies in the mist

is pratically unparallelled. Everything is spot on here I think I saw one framerate hiccup and the amount going on at that point more than justified it

Multiplayer is again excellent - no problems so far that were in the beta have reared their head and the UK servers or suchlike appear not to be up yet (always reports a population of -1) but I've been playing with Yanks and Europeans and it has been joyous - even free-for-all (normally my most reviled of MP modes) has an utter wealth of tactics involved because of the clever implementation of the radar system and UAV's etc mixed with all the perks & custom class options.

Awesome - Just absolutely frikkin awesome.

Special mention too for the loading - they've done an amazing job of integrating the intermission videos (like briefings) with the in-game stuff practically seamlessly - You might not even notice so well is it done.

And don't skip the credits - cool (very, very cool) extra at the end of them !!!

Comment

Got my copy this morning, played the first couple of levels AMAZING stuff! Always been a fan of COD and I can see myself loving it! Playing on Hardened too which is a first for me!

Question about first level (spoilered so not to ruin anything for anyone who doesn't have it yet

HOW on EARTH do you break the record for the boat training thing - come in with a time under 19 seconds?!!?!

Can't really play anymore today though, as my copy has to go back Should have a replacement tomorrow - curse of the lose disc getting scratched - and for a ?50 purchase I can't be having that!

Comment

You need to plan your route friction and remember the knife

There's an achievement for < 20 seconds I think - from the leaderboards only Ezee "Stab" Ryder has managed so far

Comment

Heh I tried that! Tried for over an hour - figured it was easy points lol!

Even did a dodgy where I took back the initial gun and still didn't do it!

And am I right in thinking your superior (the guy with the tash) is voiced by Billy Murray - Johnny Allen from Eastender? (RUBY! )

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
              Makes GRAW and R6 look like last-gen efforts and that's saying something !!
              in terms of visuals and overall execution i agree. but don't be too quick to judge the long term appeal. CoD4 has exciting online gameplay but i don't see it holding my interest as long as R6 Vegas does, which i am playing for over 10 months now. and this is largely due to the fantastic online co-op gameplay which never seems to grow old for me.

Comment

I'm basing it on the fact I played COD2 for about 18 months because as an online shooter it was utterly sublime in terms of mechanics and execution (post-patch).

That was bare bones whereas this is fleshed out to an extent only Halo3 can top and along with Halo3 I can't think of an FPS that can top either for online due in the next 12 months.

Saying that, we'll need to wait and see what Killzone2 has for us

Comment

Physics... it's all about the physics. Apparently.

Comment

Bloody hell - absolutely incredible so far. On the 5th mission or so - they're very very well paced with little bursts of contained action and immense set pieces. I've cranked the sound up to 'silly' on my amp and at one point the entire room was shaking from turret fire. How this isn't slowing down framerate wise I have no idea - the ending is just stupidly amazing.

Great feeling of being part of a team and gradually getting more and more confident to start taking point - the flow of the missions is just super super cool how you see things from different perspectives - similar to the previous cod's but much less random - you can tell it's all going to tie in nicely.

Amazed - and i've not touched the multiplayer yet which I played for nights on end on the beta.

HOORAH.

( as some others have said it does put a lot of devs to shame.. its absolute 60fps silk even when the earth is exploding and theres cars smashing to **** all around you and im yet to be greeted with a blank ' loading ' menu .. this is how gaming should be )
                    Last edited by reektan; 08-11-2007, 15:54.

Comment

Well just played the first 30 mins or so of single player and I have to say its amazing. Feels so real with so much crap going of around you. Got a massive shiver down my spine at the end of the first level.

Comment

Sounds good so far - but would it be an idea if people stated what format they are playing it on?

I`m thinking of going for the PS3 version as my live sub is almost up and I dont see the point of paying for that if the PS3 version works as well online.
                        GFX wise I`ve read they are pretty much the same, but have seen a few bits of info pointing out the PS3 version as looking a bit sharper, any truth in this?

Comment

Games amazing but Ive got stuck on Veteran on Mission 2 (3 if you include prologue). Spent 2hours on one tiny section and the AI is brutal (3nades at me thats when their being nice) so going to restart after on Hard as I think I need to know what trigger to make it quick save on bit Im on (as they seem to be infinite spawning). Sound is lovely as well, jumped quite a few times back left and right when naded killed me. This time I feel part of a group and not a gungho FPS solo bloke. AI of team and enemy is top notch

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                            Sounds good so far - but would it be an idea if people stated what format they are playing it on?

I`m thinking of going for the PS3 version as my live sub is almost up and I dont see the point of paying for that if the PS3 version works as well online.
                            GFX wise I`ve read they are pretty much the same, but have seen a few bits of info pointing out the PS3 version as looking a bit sharper, any truth in this?
                            This might help you : http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27570.html

Comment

^ cheers fella

Comment

Not much in it is there, the only thing I noticed was the view movement on the 360 version didnt seem as smooth in some places, but that could be down to the person playing the game.

Ps3 version for me on the basis that I cant be arsed to pay for live anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X