No announcement yet.

Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have only played it for an hour and it's still COD, you do need to be a bit lighter on the old finger trigger though.

Comment

Just got this on the PS3 and a mate got it on the 360 - had a go on both.
      GFX ps3 version looks a little softer.
      Online Ps3 took a while to find a game but had 0 lag. 360 found a game in a matter of seconds, little bit of lag at start of game but was ok after that.
      Gameplay they look pretty much the same, only thing I did notice was on the 360 version if you swing the camera about loads it seems to stutter a bit. But whose gonna do that in game?

All in all top marks to the devs. Nothing in it for the fanboys to spout off about.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
        Just got this on the PS3 and a mate got it on the 360 - had a go on both.
        GFX ps3 version looks a little softer.
        Online Ps3 took a while to find a game but had 0 lag. 360 found a game in a matter of seconds, little bit of lag at start of game but was ok after that.
        Gameplay they look pretty much the same, only thing I did notice was on the 360 version if you swing the camera about loads it seems to stutter a bit. But whose gonna do that in game?

All in all top marks to the devs. Nothing in it for the fanboys to spout off about.
        Did you play them both on the same display unit?

Comment

^Yes. The ps3 version looks the same over hdmi and componant, the 360 was over componant

Anyone up for some ps3 online later?
          *hunts for blutooth headset*
          Last edited by huxley; 09-11-2007, 15:16.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
            ^Yes. The ps3 version looks the same over hdmi and componant, the 360 was over componant

Anyone up for some ps3 online later?
            *hunts for blutooth headset*
            Cool, good stuff.

Comment

impressive to say the least in on the mission that was mentioned earlier "above" and it floored me how utterly realistic it was just stunning the MP isn't half bad either just ran around a bit shooting peeps but a lot of fun

Comment

Anyone else noticed SAS is sponsored by Easteeeeeeeenders in this with voice actors (one is him what had a part in Cliffhanger film what was knocking off Bianca and her mother other is dad of actress whats in Hustle he was in the Bill as well for years). I was expecting Ross Kemp as a undercover lawyer working in a bar in Ultimate wobble to turn up and then turn it into a documemtary

Im off back on it now. Ive been freaking this afternoon, I dont work but I had things to do today and I dont lke it and I must not do it again because the COD4 addiction has beeen driving me nuts (I even was thinking a strategy going to sleep last night for the bit Im stuck on on 1player hehe).

Comment

Well done IW on getting PS3 version spot on. Played both versions first two missions and they're the same. Feckin great game by the way.
                  Last edited by hudson; 09-11-2007, 17:09. Reason: IF?

Comment

Cargo ship training in less than 20 seconds is tough. I'm always around 30.

Comment

Just got this on the 360 and its absolubtley fantastic, though have to playing the PC demo the graphics dont seem quite as good although maybe I'm just imagining it?, not like I studied them I'm not looking forward to attempting to doing the game in Veteran much either becuase for some reason the devlopers still havent found a way of implementing the ability to lean into the console versions yet and will no doubt just get slaughted.

I just got up to the level where youre in the helicopter shooting people in heat-o-vision, it took me about 20 attempts before I realised that friednlies were flashing oh so slightly and I kept mowing them down. Brilliant idea for a level though.

Comment

Head... blown... clean off!!

360 version picked up this morning and I have been rattling the SP campaign all day, mind blowing stuff. The scale of the battles is immense and the fact that at no point does it even think about slowing down is unbelievable.

IMO CoD3 was pretty weak in CoD terms but this has set a new benchmark for visceral FPS entertainment. And the 'Death from Above' mission is far too realistic for its own good, I almost felt sorry for the pwnage that I was raining down... almost

This is the start of a pretty special few weeks for me on the 360 and what a way to kick it off. Quality like this is exactly what we deserve from this generation and I only hope other developers can step up to the plate and follow this... brilliant stuff.

I may be online later if I can be arsed going home to get my ethernet cable as I have the 360 hooked up at the missus on the 40" HD... its so pretty. If demand is hihg enough though, I wont have a choice

Charlie Oscar Delta = WIN!!

Comment

Just finished the demo level, good stuff so far. Feels so good to have IW back in control after the mess that was CoD3 (which was ok in its own right, but not up to CoD standard). This is, so far, the best game of its type I have played.

Scripting done right, feels very natural.

Comment

Which was the demo level, amnion?

Comment

Damn you hype, I was expecting the second coming of Jesus and all I got was Call of Duty 4!

Comment

I'm sorry Boris, but this is a Halo 3 beater for me

Comment

Working...
                                X