Crysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, ta.

One more question, am I right in assuming there is no trial?

I'm interested in making a purchase, but with some FPS I suffer from motion sickness if it moves too quick (I could barely play Singularity!). Not keen on making a purchase only to find I'm suffering again. I could watch some video's, but it's not the same as actually playing it.

Comment

if you are prone to motion sickness and unsure then i'd recommend to test out Crysis 2 first as it's the same engine.

by the way: just found out Crisis also offers 3D-support - nice!

Comment

Hmm. Trying to play this at the moment and it's pretty much frustrating the **** out of me. Decloak behind a rock? Get seen by enemy a million miles away.

Comment

Got this on ps3 on an impulse buy about a month ago (no trial, whats that all about?). I really dont see what the fuss is all about, even taking a retrospective back to when it was released. Aside from some graphical flourishes that im sure looked really good on a monster rig, its just so dull. The enemy ai ruin it completely, im often spotted while cloaked, by that time they've already fired and chipped the shield away. Frame rate doesn't help either, makes aiming hard especially when your in the thick of it, the game is stuck in the mindset of being made for a mouse it seems.

Along with crysis2 i cant see why these games are praised so much.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post

scope
            sense of freedom
            AI
            physics
            attention to detail
            sound design
            story (in parts at least)
            weapon feel
            gunplay

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Crysis is often regarded as not actually being that great a game, the 2nd one was much higher rated all round.

Comment

Crysis is pretty awesome but I played keyboard and mouse on a PC so didn't have some of the handicaps fishbowlhead describes. Gameplay-wise, I reckon it's excellent, although I found Warhead improves on it in many ways - especially with regards to characters which makes a big difference in terms of being pulled into the game.

Never played 2, mainly because it's not on Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Never played 2, mainly because it's not on Steam.
                  Eh?

2 months ago.....

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  Crysis 2 came out on steam to start with.....

and is on steam now.....
                  Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Is it? Well they still would have lost many sales from not being on Steam. I only checked a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't there. And it was pretty close to release when I decided to buy it from Steam originally and it wasn't there. Did I buy it on Origin? Nope. I imagine I wasn't the only one to go looking on Steam only to end up not getting it - those are lost sales.
                  Aliens are decimating New York City, only you have the technology to survive. Be The Weapon.
                  Last edited by EvilBoris; 27-08-2012, 19:23.

Comment

I love Crysis. Its the best FPS series of this generation for me. Crysis 1 campaign gave a sense of freedom and was unlike CoD, Killzone and all that scripted gallery shooter crap. The freedom was lost at the final quarter but I still liked those levels, they were atmospheric. Crysis 2 has smaller sandboxes but is more consistent throughout. Plus it has an amazing soundtrack. I even like the multiplayer for kicks.

Warhead was nice, but I didn't like it as much as 1 and 2 although the lead character was cool. You could notice that this game had been created by a lesser studio.

This series is generally being hated because a lot of peeps couldn't run it back then. But underneath the elitism lies an excellent shooter with awesome mechanics and above average AI.
                    Last edited by saturn-gamer; 27-08-2012, 19:46.

Comment

I admit the sound is excellent and is fantastic through my turtle be-atches. But I'm at the bit where you first meet the cloaked guys and they're kicking my arse- even on easy.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        Eh?

2 months ago.....
                        Sorry, I'm caught in a time loop. I think I can save the president's life. Hang on, it's happening aga

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                          I love Crysis. Its the best FPS series of this generation for me. Crysis 1 campaign gave a sense of freedom and was unlike CoD, Killzone and all that scripted gallery shooter crap. The freedom was lost at the final quarter but I still liked those levels, they were atmospheric. Crysis 2 has smaller sandboxes but is more consistent throughout. Plus it has an amazing soundtrack. I even like the multiplayer for kicks.

Warhead was nice, but I didn't like it as much as 1 and 2 although the lead character was cool. You could notice that this game had been created by a lesser studio.

This series is generally being hated because a lot of peeps couldn't run it back then. But underneath the elitism lies an excellent shooter with awesome mechanics and above average AI.
                          I do like that about the Crysis and Far Cry games. The sense of freedom and the open way in which you can approach the combat. I installed the first last year when I got my new graphics card and decided to play the game differently; using the alternate fire mode, and taking each enemy down one by one without being seen. It was like playing a different game which I thoroughly enjoyed. It is always nice to let loose though and whack 'maximum strength on' and throw the soldiers half way across the map. xD

Comment

Working...
                          X