Scene It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scene It?

Got this yesterday and managed to have a few games in between Super Mario Galaxy session's.

If you played the demo you will no doubt get the gist of it but there are a couple of reasons that make the full game a worthwhile buy over most games of this type. The main reason is that it seems to save and remember whatever questions you have answered so you don't get the same questions twice.The other is the achievements, I'm quite a film buff and have already managed to get alot of them but they are really good, the way they ask you to score highg and get certain ammounts of questions right in a row, the games is quite obviously better in multiplayer, but becuase of the achievements its fun in single player too.

On the whole the game has alot of variety becuase it has loads of different round types (though it does seem like you get the questions about a film clip every 5 minutes) and is without a doubt the best game of its type on any console or computer ive ever played.

So a deffininite recomendation so far from me anyway....
    Last edited by rmoxon; 17-11-2007, 22:45.

This is so much fun when playing four player. The matches get so heated and jokes fly about everywhere especially with people who keep guessing the right answers

Comment

As a veteran of Scene It DVD version from last XMAS this 360 version absolutely blows it away. Had a few rounds with the female yesterday and its just incredibly cool how it's presented and how the challenges work. For example where it starts to reveal a photo from a film and it's all like multiple layers spinning around etc and how it makes a note of what puzzles you've seen to not repeat them ( something the DVD version just didn't have the ability to do as it was basically playing tracks off a disc . The buzzers are also a really nice touch and work really well. For the £34.99 price tag its very very good. Recommended. Will be a laughriot over XMAS i'm sure - i'd also say theres a 900% chance of Microsoft bringing out DLC for this to keep it fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by HaHaUK View Post
        This is so much fun when playing four player. The matches get so heated and jokes fly about everywhere especially with people who keep guessing the right answers
        I think you need to thank someone for the recommendation

I got this too and pretty much going to echo everyone else sentiments, it is a lot fun in both single and multiplayer. I hope they bring out dome DLC for it though so questions and modes don't get stale.

Comment

Yeah thats somthing I forgot to mention, in the options theres a "downloads" bit, so I can see more questions being released if this sells ok.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
            I think you need to thank someone for the recommendation
            I know, I've got a special present the next time I see him!

Comment

picked this up for ?29.97 at sainsburys, a right good laugh in multiplayer and can see a lot of people playing this at parties and at christmas. Again very good the way it saves the stuff you have already done as well.
              Something a little different for the 360 and well worth a punt.

Comment

I like the fact the questions aren't easy by any means, watch a clip of Mery; Streep for a couple of mins only to be asked the colour of the largest truck in the background. Good fun with a group this one is.
                Once the market penetration of those big button controllers ramps up we can expect more quiz-night / trivial pursuit types games to follow I'm hoping.

Comment

I'll pick this up for Christmas I think, but I'm worried that after a few goes the questions will repeat (like the boardgame). Does it say how many there are?

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                    I'll pick this up for Christmas I think, but I'm worried that after a few goes the questions will repeat (like the boardgame). Does it say how many there are?
                    There are ove 1800 questions on it.

Comment

Sounds like my cup of tea.

The IGN review was pretty positive as well and I even dont mind that the controllers as infra-red as opposed to wireless.

Any more hands-on impressions with it? How are the controllers in general?

Comment

Nothing wrong at all with the controllers to be honest, they are just like youd expect, work perfectly too.

I'm not really sure how the game could be improved in anyway really, its pretty much as perfect as a game of its type could be. You could say online play would add somthing more, infact i think ived seen a few reviews that have said as much, but they are wrong IMO, the expererience would be lacking compared to playing with real people anyway, but when you also factor in that eventualy you will get people playing online who know all the questions against people who dont, whats the point really? infact i'm not even sure why thats a complaint.

I cant really comment on the difficulty becuase I know a heck of alot about films, but I know that everyone else i have played with has struggled a bit, I had a four player game, I scored 98,000, the next closest other player to me had 27,000, the loser had 7,000 and told me he was never playing this crappy game again...

Comment

I bought this today to take over to a friends house, there were 5 of us playing and it was great fun. Really slick presentation and a selection of varying difficulty questions. Really really impressed with it.

I was pleasently suprised to see the controllers were wireless as opposed to the tangly mess of buzz.

They've thought it through well, the game saves the questions it has shown you in order to not repeat them.
                          Not sure why the game is Havok powered though!
                          Last edited by EvilBoris; 24-11-2007, 00:30.

Comment

Had a blast on this tonight, had some mates over and had indian takeout and watched a movie then followed up with a few games on Scene It.

The variety is really good, much better than I was expecting, also on the video clips they have chosen some good ones, funny stuff from Naked Gun and some John Cleese movie had us in stitches.

Comment

Does the Euro version play on an Asian 360? Seems to be a game that's cheaper here than on import.

Comment

Working...
                              X