Metal Slug III XBLA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uli View Post
    also, 800 points for a version that has got loading times, massive slowdown and cheap texture filter, but still dares to call itself HD, is pure insolence!
    God forbid that the game itself is still fantastic.

Is all of this filter rubbish really, really stopping this game from being any fun for you lot?

1000 points is £8.50 odd, is it not? Less than that for a fantastic version of Metal Slug 3 that you can just play with people online and have a good time on sounds fantastic to me, filter or no filter. It's the same bloody game. :P

Honestly, glad I bought it. Will be one of the XBLA titles I spend the most time on.
    Last edited by Silvergun X; 03-01-2008, 11:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post

Is all of this filter rubbish really, really stopping this game from being any fun for you lot?

1000 points is £8.50 odd, is it not? Less than that for a fantastic version of Metal Slug 3 that you can just play with people online and have a good time on sounds fantastic to me, filter or no filter. It's the same bloody game. :P

Honestly, glad I bought it. Will be one of the XBLA titles I spend the most time on.
      Hear Hear!

Having played sprite based games on an HDTV (LCD) I can totally understand why they put the filter on.
      I think people are getting a little bit pedantic...I played it most of last night and loved it! (Apart from the freakin difficulty!)

Hats off to the people who nail this game in 1 credit! Silvergun I'm banking on a 1 credit from you...You always surprise me with scores and achievements on XBLA games.

Comment

No way. Playing with another good player I can only get to mission 3 before my credits run dry. A bit more practice and I might do a little better but I honestly can't see myself doing this on a single credit any time soon.

The only XBLA game I recall getting 200/200 on before anyone else on here was Boom Boom Rocket and that's only because i'm a music rhythm freak.
        Last edited by Silvergun X; 03-01-2008, 12:05.

Comment

How much harder is 2 player over 1 player?
          I can get to mission 3 in a credit and then it all goes tits up. I'm wondering if having a 2nd player would help me out...

Comment

We'll have to see, i'm actually not too sure on the difficulty differences between one and two player. When you're next on, send me an invite and we'll give it a bash.

I had a pretty fantastic game earlier with PerfectSmith, I think we're something like 25th and 26th on the leaderboards. When playing online with someone else it combines your scores together and puts you both on the leaderboard next to each other. I like that

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post

As I said in the first post I don't think it feels right with a hori stick or 360 pad the PS2 port and MAME versions I have tried confirm this to me, even the xbox version is better and that and the ps2 ant. can be found for under the 800 point asking price
              Last edited by dvdmike; 03-01-2008, 19:57.

Comment

This is the first Metal Slug game I've dabbled with for longer than a few minutes and I'm really enjoying it. I did look for a way to remove the filter after downloading it, when I was unable to find one I realised it doesn't actually bother me that much. Tried the Hori stick as well, but the pad feels better.

The online games I had with Silvergun were lag free and a real blast. I don't have any friends or relatives that enjoy shoot-em-ups, so I appreciate the opportunity to take this online.

So far, worth my 800 points. Now if only I could get off the third level

Comment

Got this today, had a quick go at it and reached level 4 before my credits ran out, the filter isnt terrible but it does make the game lose a bit of detail, and considering one of the great things about the Metal slug games are their detailed graphics I can see why many people are annoyed.

Besides that though theres not much else wrong with it, the slowdown seems just like it was in the original version (which is not much at all to be honest if you compare it to say, Metal Slug 2) and the game plays perfectly fine with the pad.

Deffinitey wiorth 800 points
                  Last edited by rmoxon; 03-01-2008, 21:18.

Comment

I bought this on AES when it came out (just got into Neo Geo) and sold it on for a profit later, I had white blood on my AES version so cant see what anyones moaning about in that regard as the original had region lock for it. Will try and buy the game later and test it with hori stick to see if its any different with slowdown (as beat it on AES with credits). Its a fantastic game, ok not as good as X but still damn good.

Edit - Just bought it (without even seeing it) and its ever so slightly framey over the original but not enough to put off actual gameplay. I prefer the filter effect as its one of those games that will look horrific on a HDTV native.
                    Last edited by Guest; 03-01-2008, 22:55.

Comment

All my shots were displayed at 1080p on all formats, it looks good in HD

Comment

Working...
                      X