No announcement yet.

Burnout Paradise (360 PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone explain the Road Rules thing to me? The guy gave me a brief explanation but I was trying to figure out something else at the time and totally missed it. I've passed a couple but have no idea what I was doing.

Comment

just push up on the d-pad til it says 'best offline time' and the road names at the top of the screen. Then go to the end of a road...then drive up it fast without leaving the road. if you started in the right place the timer will start and if you beat the time then you rule the road.

same with showtimes, but have the screen say 'best offline crash'. you can leave the road with these tho just start it on the road you want to pass. I found the showtimes pretty tedious tbh so if you intend on 101% the game then do a couple each time you play and not the 64 in a row i had to!!

Comment

Cool, thanks for the explanation. I don't think I ever would have found the d-pad control there. I can't imagine I'll be going anywhere near 101%!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Cool, thanks for the explanation. I don't think I ever would have found the d-pad control there. I can't imagine I'll be going anywhere near 101%!
          It doesn't take THAT long. Besides, by the time I had my B license, I pretty much knew my way round the entire city.

Also you can only get 101% if you have the live vision cam.

Comment

I completely ignored road rules the first time I played the game too. Apart from the occassional notification that I broken one of the records I didn't even know they were there>

They are basically online or offline time trials or crash scores. The road signs will be different colour depending on the status of the road rules for that rule.

Red is an unchallenged road rule
            Silver means someone on your friends list owns a road rule on that road
            Gold shows that you own a road rule on that road

Green means that road rules are off
            Red means you've not completed either crash or time road rules
            Silver means you've completed one of them
            Gold means you 'da man' and have beaten both of them

I've always been into time trials in games so I quite enjoy them.

I'm really crap at the stunt runs in the game and struggle to get any of them so I stick with the other events to progress further. I need to learn how to do them if I want to get everything though but it's going to take a lot of effort for me I think.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
              I'm really crap at the stunt runs in the game and struggle to get any of them so I stick with the other events to progress further. I need to learn how to do them if I want to get everything though but it's going to take a lot of effort for me I think.
              Just get a few multipliers, bomb it down to the baseball stadium and once inside, just keep doing a 360 degree drift and boosting. You'll get a huge burnout chain this way and each time you do, your score will go up by a nice amount.

Comment

I started playing this recently and am enjoying it but i cant seem to figure out which races I have won and which I havent? where does it say exactly?

I also dont like the fact that there isnt an easier way to change cars, as its frustrating finding a stunt race then having to travel back and getting in a stunt car, then traveling back to where the race starts.

Comment

Just get a few multipliers, bomb it down to the baseball stadium and once inside, just keep doing a 360 degree drift and boosting. You'll get a huge burnout chain this way and each time you do, your score will go up by a nice amount.
                  They got rid of the drift boost chaining with the cagney update....maximum of about 3 now I think. Plus that is a very boring way to play!

I thought Stunt Runs were hard til I had a bit of practice...I recommend doing the ones near the beach first as the required scores are lower and just do a barrel roll with both sides of the car off both ramps on the beach and get airtime off the entrance ramps. easy.

Near the bottom use the express way bridge and the big jump by the quarry...and take a right at the end of the expressway into the naval yard. will have the million point achievement in no time (i assume there is a ps3 trophy too)

The trick is driving very carefully to the good runs...just keep tapping boost to keep the combo going, if you dont crash you can go on indefinitely after the time ends until you end the combo. I recommend using the p12 car too....although different people prefer different cars.

Comment

Tried the bikes on this ;last night and its superb! The bikes handle well and I find them easier to do the long races with them.

Also think they have got the sound effects bang on, going through a tunnel on the bike is awesome

Comment

Just got my Burnout license, took me just under 30 hours to get there! I've not put that long into a single player racing game for a long time. Has anyone got any tips for getting the flatspin achievement? The best I've done is 320 degrees...I must be doing something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench View Post
                        Has anyone got any tips for getting the flatspin achievement? The best I've done is 320 degrees...I must be doing something wrong.
                        Go to the quarry with one of the Le Mans type racers and spin off the ramp at the entrance.

Comment

It took me a while to do that but there are a few places to try in the quarry. I think the first time I did it was starting in the centre of the quarry then driving up around the outside and up the exit road but turning right to jump back in about half way up.

Just found a video which does a far better job of showing how.
                          [youtube]1482061[youtube]
                          It's a useful place to do it as if you don't manage then you land where you started from so can just keep going anyway.

I really can't remember which car I used though.

Some new trophies have been announced today so I suppose the next DLC will be out fairly sharpish.

Win a Stunt Run in the P12 88 Special
                          Awarded for winning any Offline Stunt Run driving the P12 88 Special

Light up the Manhattan Spirit during an Online Challenge
                          Awarded for using the flashing lights of the Manhattan Spirit during an Online Freeburn Challenge or Timed Challenge

Score a Boost Chain of x3 in the GT Nighthawk
                          Awarded for achieving a Boost Chain of x3 driving the GT Nighhawk

Sound the horn on a Silver Lake Super Jump in the Cavalry Bootlegger
                          Awarded for sounding the horn and successfully landing a Super Jump in Silver Lake driving the Cavalry Bootlegger

Survive a Marked Man in the Extreme Hot Rod
                          Awarded for winning any Offline Marked Man driving the Extreme Hot Rod

Complete a Timed Challenge using all 3 Boost types in the Hawker Mech
                          Awarded when you complete any Timed Challenge driving the Hawker Mech having used all 3 boost types

Win a Race in a Toy Car
                          Awarded for winning any Offline Race driving any of the Toy Cars

Barrel Roll a Toy Car in the Airfield
                          Awarded for successfully landing a Barrel Roll in the Airfield driving any of the Toy Cars

Complete a Bike Timed Challenge using the Toy Bike
                          Awarded when you complete any Timed Challenge using the Toy Bike

Comment

I've been trying off the ramp at the quarry entrance, just can't get enough spin. I did manage to get a fast spin off the ramp that lands on you on the railway near the massive bridges, but I missed the bloody tracks and hit the scenery! I'll get it eventually.

Actually I just checked youtube as suggested. It looks like my technique was wrong and so was the choice of car! The massive spins seem to be done with the hotrod, and they're starting the spin way before leaving the ramp...I was starting the spin just as I was leaving the ramp. I'll give it another try later.

Anyway, those trophies look great fun!

Comment

So what are people making off the new update and party pack? After all the issues yesterday I don't know what to make of it. Whilst Criterion must be congratulated for the level of support they have shown this, some of the changes just aren't great. The colour one is odd, being able to see the billboards, smashes and super jumps more clearly is welcomed, having the colour completely saturated like my TV is screwed up isn't. It's like they've taken a hint from Mirror's Edge...hey maybe the next DLC is the ability to traverse Paradise as Faith?! Also not sure I like what they've done with the handling, everything just feels slow to accelerate, and part of the joy of some of the faster cars was having to keep them in check when pulling away.

Not had chance to check out the party pack yet, will do that later.

Comment

I had a quick go last night and didn't notice any of the problems with the colour that you mention. I prefer the brighter, ridge racer type stylings of the game now as I feel it suits the style of play more. I'm not sure if we're seeing something different or whether we're seeing the same and just have different views on it?

As to the handling, due to the previous problems I mentioned I've started the game over and can't really remember how the first couple of cars handled last time I started. Is there any option there to switch between the easier/new or harder/old handling?

I had a quick play on teh Party Pack but I was on my own so it's not really the way it's designed to be played. It did give me an idea of what to expect though. You choose how many players, enter names (optional), take a photo (optional) then go into the event. The one I tried was each player had about a minuet to see how much air they could catch, it just went from one player to another using the same controller. It was only a quick go but I think it'll be a really good drinking game if you've got a few mates around.

I also managed to somehow bag 4 trophies in that one go the Party Pack which I wasn't expecting.

Comment

Working...
                                X