No announcement yet.

Burnout Paradise (360 PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a bit like when you get a new telly and you need to adjust the colours I think the most striking place was up near the country club, the greens just look too much. Though I am getting used to it a little now, having blue super jumps is definitely welcomed, only have 2 more to get!

Anyway, managed to find the last smash earlier so I'm happy

Comment

can't really say the 250mb+ free download does much I can notice.

if they are copying Mirrors Edge there will be tanks all over the town firing shells at you and your car will be armed with a bubble gun

Comment

Jesus am I ever glad I found that last smash before I played the party mode...it's reset every bloody billboard and smash (thankfully I had done all the billboards a few weeks back).

Comment

anyone else having an issue where DJ atomica's voice is now really really low in comparison with the sound FX and music?
          or is it just me?

Comment

I'm thinking of getting this soon, can anyone tell me which version out of 360 and PS3 has the strongest community / most people still playing?

Comment

Not sure about which one has the strongest community, but according to Criterion the version to have is the PS3 version.

Comment

Originally posted by Destrukticor View Post
                anyone else having an issue where DJ atomica's voice is now really really low in comparison with the sound FX and music?
                or is it just me?
                Which console are you playing it on? It's been mentioned in the news thread that somebody is having different problems with the audio on the 360 version.

I'm unfortunately not having any problems with the annoying little **** of a DJ myself and can hear him perfectly!

Comment

I think this is the first time I have contributed to this thread!

I downloaded this off the PlayStation store back in late September - on the same day that WipEout HD was released - and managed to do most of the events to get the A license as well as grabbing a fair handful of the single player trophies along the way too; most of them unexpectedly.

The latest update has breathed new life into the game and I have been playing it whenever I get the chance this week. The restart feature has helped me gain my Burnout license much easier and quicker.

Also, the colour scheme is now really quite stunning.

It has gone from a low monotone - and in places fairly dull/washed out - colour to an almost old fashioned Sega style bright and vibrant colours. I really like it and makes the game more easier on your eyes.

Thanks to John for some online freeburn and timed challenges yesterday evening - it was such a laugh. I took ages to get to the Airfield for a particular challenge - John got there many minutes earlier and had already started the event - for me to introduce myself by doing a barrel roll right on top of John's car.

Hello indeed!

Comment

Yeah, it was a good laugh last night.

I crashed loads of times but it was mainly due to trying to look at the map when trying to get somewhere in a hurry due to the car/bus/wall/you not having any respect at all for the fact that your car keeps going when you bring the full screen map up.

The reason I said to make it private is because I've played it where anybody can join a few times before and unless you're playing with people you inevitably seem to one or two people in the group who just want to try and stop you doing the challenges for some reason.

Eight people is brilliant when everybody wants to play it but as we were really just trying to get the trophies out of the way it seemed to make sense to do it like that. I've only got the 10 timed challenges & 8 people in the stadium to finish the current online trophies.

You may be wondering why I was driving such a crap car. It's only because I only just started again as I had problems with not getting the Burnout License trophy even though I'd won it. The strange thing is that I've enjoyed it so much that I didn't really mind starting again.

I like the new graphics. It looks more like the older games now

Comment

Do you guys mind if I add you to my friends list? Tag is Monocotto.

Comment

What a laugh that was!!!

Had a right laugh with crazytaxinext (CTNext) and Extra Terrestrial (AussieSurfBoy). It's good when you can get a few people on who are willing to play properly.

Anybody else with the PS3 version want to join us? I think if we organise something here to get a few on it should be a laugh.

I'm working late for the rest of the week so it probably be 8 or after for me. If people are interested then stick your name down in the other thread...apart from Extra Terrestrial who is a bloody cheat!!!

Originally posted by Jashin
                        Do you guys mind if I add you to my friends list? Tag is Monocotto.
                        No problem. Add your name to the list in the other thread and we'll get some games arranged.

Comment

When I last had this game I ended going off it due to some of the slog-worthy elements of it but this time it's addictive as hell. 1.6 has made such small changes but everyone is perfectly what was needed. With the upcoming packs its starting to become a real mystery as to how they're ever going to tackle making a Burnout VI.

Last time I also didn't really bother with the online as there was all too often too many quitters or nothing to do because no-one ever started challenges or races but last nights game showed how brilliantly it all clicks when you just get some proper players on. Looking forward to the next game

Comment

I had good fun yesterday evening.

Yeah, I echo crazytaxinext when it all clicks when you have eight players in the same game who are actually willing to complete the challenges and events. I thought I was a decent host if I say so myself.

I used to play the game in a 24 minute, 24 hour day-to-day cycle but the colours and general atmosphere the sunset - set at 'constant time of day' - is really nice and is easy on the eyes; if John, CTnext or anybody else wondered why the scene/weather was the same all the while, now you know.

I also used to rely on the map more than anything but since the new patch, I am driving around and getting to checkpoints or events without even glancing at the mini-map at the bottom of the screen - it feels great when you finally know where you are going.

Myself and John did a barrel roll timed challenge online a few times last night - it was amusing to do a barrel roll through the hoisted concrete hoop on my first attempted for me to sit back and get a great view at John coming so close so many times. It was a good laugh when we both (finally) did it.

I went up to the top of the nearest car park to the Wild Cat stadium (to the north of the stadium) and if you look out into the ocean/sea, you can see the Surf Island in an incomplete state - it looks even better during the sunset phase. I'm sure most of you knew this but I didn't!

This is such a great game and I highly recommend purchasing the Ultimate Box for those who have yet to play the game; brilliant stuff indeed.

I love my car too - it's the Krieger 616 Sport - as it can drift with ease and is superb when going in a straight line since it seems to go faster and faster, until you inevitably crash of course.

Oh yeah, I'm also just one super jump away from getting that '50/50' statistic in the menu but I can't for the life of me find it...

Burnout Paradise version 1.6 =

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post

Also, the colour scheme is now really quite stunning.

It has gone from a low monotone - and in places fairly dull/washed out - colour to an almost old fashioned Sega style bright and vibrant colours. I

Now.. I'm tempted to buy it. The green-filtered visuals were what really put me off the game. If it's looking all Segaish - I would be much happier.

I suppose Paradise will go on and on. I would definitey like a new Burnout - similar to the pre Paradise versions.

Comment

Yeah the greeny shade is deffo gone, blue skies are back its a bit more vivid and it certainly stands out when you reboot.
                                THE best part of it is they made the night time racing a bit more visable, sometimes racing at night was just awful you could barely see, restart option is god send too.
                                Link to video in HD of pre patch to patch comparison.

Comment

Working...
                                X