No announcement yet.

Burnout Paradise (360 PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was not impressed by the demo but could not help myself buying this yesterday.Only put it in to try it but that turned into four hours play,while its fun and exciting i was longing for the old style racers where you could learn the track and get all the different takedowns.
    One of the plus points is the soundtrack a real mix of some good tunes and really great to see one of my favourite bands,the little known swervedriver.If ea have the rights to the gnr song paradise city then surely this is going to appear in rockband.it needs to.
    The lack of a driver is a bit off putting but then again i suppose it could get a bit messy.Also the maps when going a top speed get a little confusing and each race leaves you stranded in the middle of nowhere.
    All in all its a good game.

Comment

Am I the only one thinking Showtime mode might as well be called Mario with Cars?

The game itself is fantastic though. Last one I played was Burnout 3, not being a racer or Burnout fan, but once I heard this one was Free-City instead of track locked I immediately thought win. The music is, meh, alright but caters to only one type of listener. I also can't help but think the "Take down cars to own them" in terms of Pokémon... o_O

The graphics are pretty, as you'd expect, and the game mechanics are as they've always been - Hold Boost, Hold Accelerate, Smash into things and Pray.

So, according to my personal playtime, we have a Pokémon-esque, homage to Mario with added races and shiney crashes... yup. Sounds about right so far.

Comment

I keep buying Burnout games even though none of them after the second one was particularly satisfying. I didn't like the demo for this one, but the promise of another good Burnout game was too hard to resist, so I ended up getting this one as well. I've only played for about an hour but I can already see it's a massive step up from Revenge Today's goal is to explore the city and get the auto-repair shops etc on the map.

Comment

Definately better than the demo suggested. Up to C Class and having a good time with it, certainly moves at a good pace!

Tried online quickly with EvilBoris and Fry, seemed pretty good and there is **** loads to do. All the challenges are broken down to the amount of players in the room, which is a great idea. If one player doesn't play along though I can imagine it getting frustrating.

Anyone managed to do a power park yet?

Comment

Power... park?

Comment

When you do a 180 into a parking space along the side of the road. I usually end up crashing straight into the other cars!

Also the Restarting Events issue, isn't much of an issue at all. If you fail an event the game doesn't expect or demand you to try it again, it wants you to just go find another. Paradise isn't about completing all the events since when you level up to the next licence, all the events you've completed open up again. It's about the number of events you complete per licence, but not about completing every event.

Comment

I was pissing around online freeburn and we all went to the quarry and started donig jumps, I got the longest jump distance AND most barral rolls - 4! hah.

GT 2400 <3

Comment

You know when you get told that there is another driver in the city and that if you take them out you can win their car. Is there any way of tracking them or do you just have to drive around until you see them?

People have mentioned them before but I'm really not interested in driving around in the sponsored cars. Just don't see the attraction in driving around in a car with "Best Buy" stickers all over it myself.

I was a bit worried about the open nature of this game at first but it works well for me. I do think it would be good to have the option to be able to compete in standard enclosed races without any other cars on the track.

Comment

John, I think it's more a case of random occurence. They just seem to appear at intervals from behind or infront of you, and if you want you can take them down. Perhaps there's a certain time after being told it's in the city that you need to keep playing before it appears?

One complaint I have, you can only customise your cars paintjob at the beginning of the game when you pick the one to start driving out in. That should be made available at all the Paint Job stations in my opinion because some of these colour schemes... well, to say they're godawful is an understatement.

Comment

God this game is so meh. I really miss Burnout. Whatever happened to that wonderfully simple, challenging, seat-of-your-pants long course racer with all the traffic and one scrape crashes. The series has progressively lost everything that made the original great and stuck in a load of OTT crashing bollocks and **** music.

And Paradise City is about as interesting as Milton Keynes.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                        Definately better than the demo suggested. Up to C Class and having a good time with it, certainly moves at a good pace!

Tried online quickly with EvilBoris and Fry, seemed pretty good and there is **** loads to do. All the challenges are broken down to the amount of players in the room, which is a great idea. If one player doesn't play along though I can imagine it getting frustrating.

Anyone managed to do a power park yet?
                        Yeah that was good fun, will have to try and sort out 8 player madness soon!
                        20G Achievement for 100&#37; power park
                        The challenges and brilliant with friends only, few people have said to me playing with randoms who don’t care about challenges is annoying.
                        Ended up spending about 3-4 hours just doing online freeburn 4 player challenges, 8 player challenges should be fun.
                        I was a bit apprehensive about this free roaming world, the demo certainly didn’t blow me away either but the full game works incredibly well offline and excels online with friends.
                        For me it’s still Burnout, still edge of your seats racing/road rage/showtime, just because its open world doesn’t take away those mechanics of the game.
                        Burnout 2 for me will always be the best but I will always make room for a criterion game and the burnout series.

Comment

Blumming adore this. Im still sandboxing fannying about doing major jumps and I really dont do this (Im one of those in GTA that was always a good lad and did the missions lol). I bought it for a racer but the other stuff to mess with is great. The game is huge, anyone that says its crap now because you have to drive back to restart it wants a slap as their is literally a challenge at every junction. We all have to move away from being able to do the reset button on the mode if we dont win, that for me makes it even more exiting and now we can choose our own way to get their instead of being shoved in a box of go here only. For me I thought it wouldnt work and it has. I spent nearly 3hours alone just finding all 120 challenges, thats value in itself!

Comment

Is there anyway to abort a race? On a few occasions I've taken a wrong turn and had to drive to the opposite side of a map on a motorway before I've been able to make my way to the finish.

Comment

If you activate showtime it seems to end the race.

Absolutely in love with this game for now, it comes to life online. Me and MadWindy were just ramming each other senseless sending more and more ridiculous photos across at point of takedown. Then Jim joined and some three way action ensued!

To be honest, whilst I can see it with single player, I can't see the online side of things getting boring....4 hours in and some of the crashes are still making me wince!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                                Is there anyway to abort a race? On a few occasions I've taken a wrong turn and had to drive to the opposite side of a map on a motorway before I've been able to make my way to the finish.
                                just stop movig for a few seconds and the race will end

Comment

Working...
                                X