Burnout Paradise (360 PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers guys!
    That'll save me pointlessly finishing in 8th place.

The online is brilliant, the multi player setup almost wholly justifies the changes they have made to the single player. You can play it as competitive thing and just do the races or beat each others scores, or you can play it as a co-op game and go hunting billboards smash signs and super jumps in a Crackdown style Co-op orb hunting fest.

Comment

I just activate showtime instead, if im not happy with how a race is going.

Comment

I am making my way towards the A Class license and it's bloody fantastic. A definite thumbs up for me in the direction they took with this despite the steep learning curve of the map.

The 8 points is a great idea, when you lock into a certain area you know where to go instantly.

Played some multi with EvilBoris and Gerry H tonight and had a few good laughs doing some co-op challenges.

Overall? Pretty amazing

Comment

Got my A class license just now. Only 6 smash grates and 9 billboards to go!!

Comment

I've not even touched the game online yet, but offline it's still sublime!

...Even if I do spend too much time jumping around the rail tracks.

Comment

Got my A Class now Game is really turning up the heat.

There's an achievement called "Paid and displayed" Which says for you to go to burnout.ea.com.

don't bother, I can tell you now that basically you gotta drive into all 11 car parks in the game and jump out of them

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
                anyone that says its crap now because you have to drive back to restart it wants a slap as their is literally a challenge at every junction.
                There's only a challange at every junction because its ridiculously easy to miss turns until you learn the routes and get used to the piddly indicator thingy. Races are actually the easiest yet. The semi-realism junk-yard style of Paradise doesn't help, it all looks the bloody same.

I really don't want to play a game that involves 40% boring driving about, 40% frustration and 20% actual fun racing. Give me an old fashioned linear structure any day. Don't get me wrong, its not a bad game and fair play to Criterion for trying something new but I felt I'd seen it all after an hours play and the cruising idea has been better executed in the likes of GTA and TDU. Add the fact I rarely bother with online play, have enjoyed the series less since the first two, and my outrage at the lack of split screen these days and you can see why this is going in the trading forum.

And DJ Atomica can **** right off too.

Comment

Did they not give an option to turn him off this time around?

Comment

The races are easy at the beginning but the difficulty ranks right up when you upgrade your license. Im on A now and they constantly ram you every which way.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
                      There's
                      I really don't want to play a game that involves 40% boring driving about, 40% frustration and 20% actual fun racing.

Dont play it then, you clearly dont get it or like it so GTF!!

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
                        There's only a challange at every junction because its ridiculously easy to miss turns until you learn the routes and get used to the piddly indicator thingy. Races are actually the easiest yet. The semi-realism junk-yard style of Paradise doesn't help, it all looks the bloody same.

I really don't want to play a game that involves 40% boring driving about, 40% frustration and 20% actual fun racing. Give me an old fashioned linear structure any day. Don't get me wrong, its not a bad game and fair play to Criterion for trying something new but I felt I'd seen it all after an hours play and the cruising idea has been better executed in the likes of GTA and TDU. Add the fact I rarely bother with online play, have enjoyed the series less since the first two, and my outrage at the lack of split screen these days and you can see why this is going in the trading forum.

Not had a problem with routes and Ive not learned out yet. Race starts map pops up full screen to give a general area and you decide where you want to go once you have learnt the map then race starts and for us what dont know the map yet at junctions the game beeps at you like crazy when it wants you to turn as well as flashing the route (yet to get lost myself), cant see whats hard about that?

I do a mode whatever it is it finishes if I win or loose and where it finishes theirs another mode so can do that one instantly whether its a race or not. Ive not spent half of my time driving about bored before or since I unlocked everything. Game shows you instantly that you can never get bored if you dont want. Your on a road for example and from your point of view your lost ok then do a time trial for that stretch of road or a crash challenge for it, you dont need to go anywhere or find stuff to do as its got it in mass amounts! Then when you done that stretch of road you hit a mode to do. Theirs 120 of em not including other stuff, their shouldnt be any reason for anyone to say they have to drive about nearly half of time looking for something to do thats the point of these free roaming games you choose what and where you want to race no more being shoved into one track stretch anymore and it works perfectly for me.

Comment

I'm not sure if I should buy this. I hated Test Drive Unlimited, with its open game world.

Is this game much better, with good racing?

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                            The races are easy at the beginning but the difficulty ranks right up when you upgrade your license. Im on A now and they constantly ram you every which way.
                            Tell me about it i'm struggling with alot of them.

I took a break from racing this afternoon and got all 100% of all smash barriers, burnout billboards and super jumps!! 60G's BABY!!! Also picked up some incredible motors for doing these!

Comment

Originally posted by GODZOOKI View Post
                              Dont play it then, you clearly dont get it or like it so GTF!!
                              Erm, I won't. Apologies for having a different opinion to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                                I'm not sure if I should buy this. I hated Test Drive Unlimited, with its open game world.

Is this game much better, with good racing?
                                Its not like TDU m8 theirs miles more to do on this. If you want to race do that if you want to do stunts do that, TT same, fanny about doing massive jumps yep do that, takedowns races yep, your it races (survive to the end) yep, when you unlock cars you also have to take them down which is great. TDU had miles more driving about this you just start your section type and choose how you get their. I thought it would kill it for me but its great. For me the crashes are even more wince enducing than ever. Demo was arse compared to full game as well.

The only thing I miss is crash junctions but I guess for that I can go back to the last one, still has it but now you can chain for ages with basically a bouncing car till your boost ends (gets recharged for hitting cars and x multiplyer for hitting buses). I found the junctions way to easy on last one anyway so I guess you cant have everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X