No announcement yet.

Burnout Paradise (360 PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My problem with the bikes is they're good fun but basically feel like a trial/gimmick. All you can do is race around in them, no showtime, no marked man, no road rage, no stunt, etc. The bikes are fun for a quick spin but I don't feel like I'm playing burnout when I'm on them

Comment

That's kinda my point. Someone in the vehicle design and physics departments thought bikes would be a great idea, but someone forgot to send the memo to the event design guy, so they are just sort of redundant.

I admire BC's dedication to the online racer and it's commitment to DLC, but right now the game kind of feels like a series of Heroes - nice ideas but no cohesion.

Comment

Gotta love the glitches in this game!!!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t=MOV00069.flv

Comment

I've finally started playing this over the last couple of nights, and I'm really starting to get into it now. I'm not finding the form of the game a problem (Though the restart option is handled superbly, less than 5 seconds loading time), usually just looking for a new challenge wherever I end up or cruising around for boards/jumps/gates (Probably my favourite part of the game).

Do people use a single car for everything, or do they choose a car for specific things? I know some of the challenges are car specific, but other than that I'm having no trouble at the moment just sticking with a single car (Had been using the Isuka GT (?) stunt car until last night, but enjoyed using the General Lee last night instead).

Also, is there any way of indicating where the Burning Route event is for the car you're currently in? Or marking the map manually?

Comment

I tend to use a stunt car for most things as I find them the best all rounders. Just started using the toy cars yesterday and they're great fun in the races as the opponents are also all toy cars.

You can pull up the map and set event type to burning route. You can then navigate to each event and see which car you need for which event.

Comment

Yeah, I'm just reading the online manual (I have the download PS3 version, so no manual for me! ) and I've just found out that there's a whole navigational thing on the SELECT button!

Comment

Heh! I knew I should've just said "RTFM"!!!

Comment

I've R'd the mother F'er now.

EDIT: I don't suppose anybody knows if there's a wallpaper of the red Criterion logo page that shows up as the game launches? It's beautiful.
                  Last edited by Number45; 29-04-2009, 07:33.

Comment

There are some Burnout wallpapers at the bottom of this page. Can't see what you're looking for though.

Comment

Man it's so close now I can almost taste it. 96% finished with 80hours on the clock.
                      Criterion elite you will be mine!

Comment

I'm at the A licence now. Now, I know the next (And final) licence is called Burnout - but are there more events again at that licence level?

Comment

After the Burnout license, if you're going to unlock all the cars, there's the Elite license which takes around 118 events to complete.

Comment

So... I have 40 events to clear to get the Burnout licence. Then I have to clear 118 events to get the Elite licence? Is that it for the licence malarky, or is there a step I've missed? I really should just check out a guide to see what I need to do.

Comment

Burnout Paradise Cops and Robbers now up. 800 points. Plus update 1.8 - 926.45MB

Comment

This is MP only, right? Shame, as it's easy enough to see how they could use the setup for SP games as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X