No announcement yet.

GTA IV - 360 & Ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i must be taking this really slow, at 30 hours and only 40% in !

spent about 5 hours on it today and loved the bank heist level, felt like being in the middle of the shoot out in Heat which I'm sure was intentional.

never been a gta fan before at all but really savouring this, it doesn't have the magic of something like Galaxy but its a superb piece of software.

Comment

Might want to fix that spoiler about Kate in your previous post too

Comment

Originally posted by Myth View Post
        Might want to fix that spoiler about Kate in your previous post too
        yeah, thanks and fixed

speaking about girls, i went back to Grace's and he went mental and

i was in a shoot out with some mafia types

i just noticed that the camera seems to pan and fixes on something close by - also noticed green men on the map as well when you get close to them

**edit**
        had a wee ponder and i believe this to be a great game, but as stated San Andreas is better

for me a game has to evolve and be better than the last, San Andreas had you driving trains, flying from place to place and even flying cargo aircraft if you wanted. Even parachuting and base jumping were fun and finally it had the apache helicopter, which for vigilante was just pure fun

Unsure why all this functionality was removed for the new game, i just think it could have been so much better and the game world in GTA4 seems so much smaller
        Last edited by buster_broon; 23-06-2008, 14:33.

Comment

been playing through it meeting up with all my pals and getting them to 100%

also done all of Jacobs missions

started stealing cars for Stevie, but thats me finished until August due to my job

but is there a bug in the game when you

get a call from Kate, i ignored the first one and went on a date on the second and she seems pretty much fit and healthy

Comment

Having watched Cloverfield for the first time recently I'm now convinced the best sort of DLC for GTA IV would be of the giant-monster-invades-the-city kind. I'm sure Rockstar have come to the same conclusion and are working on this as we speak so I'm looking forward to seeing it announced at E3.

In all seriousness, though, can you imagine a disaster movie-style game like that set in the middle island of Liberty City? It would be awesome! It might not work too well as a traditional game but hell, I'd buy it.

Comment

OK, so I finished off
              last night... is that considered the 'end' of the game? Or will I reach a point where the credits will roll?

About that,

I wasn't really that impressed with the way that it came about. Each of the other choices I've had to make I've been able to make an informed decision on which route I should take (Playboy/Dwayne and Derek/Francis were complete no-brainers for me) but in this case I had nothing to go on other than the pleadings of a broken man. I couldn't really apply my character in the game to the decision.

So I shot him. In the throat. Seemed like the humane thing to do.

Comment

You're not done yet.

Comment

Regarding the decisions in the game. I felt you were led just a bit too much. So I did the opposite just to be bloody obstinate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    You're not done yet.
                    Didn't think so, but it's weird because behind all of the missions you're doing, that moment seems to be the driving force, the defining point.

All good anyway, loving virtually every moment.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                      Unsure why all this functionality was removed for the new game, i just think it could have been so much better and the game world in GTA4 seems so much smaller
                      Because they spent so much time wanting to make a movie they forgot that at the end of the day it's a game.

I already have real life. I want to do stupid things in GTA games. And have fun.

Comment

was killed last night. I'm assuming off of the back of my decision to take down
                        instead of work with him. Gutted.

Comment

There are a lot of second hand titles in the shops now. I guess that's just an indication of how many were sold though/

Comment

She was never going to give it up. I far preferred Kiki.

Comment

Oh man, I've now seen both endings - both were well cool!

Thing is, I've just done a list of stuff I never bothered much with in the game - focused on the story - and its like I have another whole game to play. Still got:

Jumps
                              Flying Rats
                              Assassin
                              Stealing Cars
                              Vigilante
                              Most Wanted
                              Delivering Packages
                              Races

The game just keeps giving!!

Comment

So I've seen the credits roll. Fantastic game.

A little confused about

Kate calling me for a date afterwards though.

Comment

Working...
                                X